Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, I finally capped off my 2022 upgrades for my Bronco and figured I'd list them and give some reviews to help others :)

Here they are in order of install:
- LIGHTS - I have 8 RIGID Pocket Fogs (radiance series) - 6 in the bumper (3 each side) and 2 on the top of the hood for ditch lights. They have been indispensable, on night rides. They also look very cool at dusk wen the amber backlights come on. I also added LAMIN-X yellow films to 2 4 of my pod lights on the bumper. One i use as a daily driving light and the other when off roading to cut through the dust. Even during daytime rides they work great and let people in front of you really notice you on the trail. I even use the outer-most lights (closest to the bumper corners) to light up the dark roads on the side. Fantastic on unlit streets to light up what is off of it. I connected all of the m to my AUX switches and have still have two left for future mods.
- PEDAL COMMANDER - This has to be one of the BEST bang-for-buck upgrades that I think any Bronco owner should have. For $299 it rocks. Being able to fine tune the throttle curve to your liking and removing that annoying "lag" on the accelerator is money! Then you can even add whatever ECU/Piggyback tune you want to complement it. It just livens up the Bronco and it "feels" like you have 50 more HP and 50lbs more torque.
- SKID PLATES & other Protective Stuff - I have a Big Bend and it had NO protection underneath beyond the front bash plate and partial Diff plate. I ended up getting a complete system from RCI (front Engine skid all the way back to the Fuel Tank Skid). Very good, heavy duty stuff. Built very well with amazing tolerances. And also got a Trailing arm front link-mount (RED) Skid Plate from ASFIR (you'll see it poking out in one fo the pics below). I also have DV8 Front A-Arm skids and rear shock mount skids, as well as their differential plate skid. Very Solid stuff from DV8 and RCI - also very reasonably priced.
- SPEAKER UPGRADE - stock system SUCKS.......yup. After a while it isn't tolerable. I Upgraded all 6 speakers ( I have the base system) and will be adding amps and a small sub soon. I'm thinking of getting the Kicker Key 200.4, as others have on this forum. Good value and has DSP - which i know will make a huge difference in sound quality.
- ROCK SLIDER/SIDE STEPS - The DV8 ones I think are the best "compromise" for my purposes. Both for looks and for 80% protection. They are not "true" rock sliders as they do not bolt on directly to the frame, but do offer a good amount of protection while still looking BAD ASS and being "functional side-steps".
- FORSCAN PROGRAMMING - I removed that stupid Double-Honk and activated all my GOAT MODES...I recently got a chance to try out "Baja Mode" at 75MPH......WOW.......Truly amazing. It convinced me that I do want to have a full Coil-over setup at some point in the future.....and maybe try out a Desert Race for fun!!!
- SUSPENSION - I really thought I wouldn't need this......but...after going pretty hardcore on some trails and not clearing rocks from time to time, I decided to do the lift and change some suspension parts. I originally wanted a KING setup but opted out of it ($$$). I then decided to add an Eibach Pro Lift Kit (springs ONLY) and also some Johnny-Joint Rear Trailing Arms (upper and lower), as well as a rear ICON Track Bar. RIDES way nicer and feels more stable than the stock Sasquatch. Smooths out road bumps and is also firmer with better handling on the road. Less body roll, less dive and squat. And the actual lift is PERFECT as I only have 35s and not 37s. It also didn't "break the bank of Scotland" so to speak :) Very reasonable upgrade.
- TIE-ROD REINFORCEMENT - Installed the BroncBuster Braces and this totally gives me WAY more confidence on the trails. Especially after my lift and spacers. These are PROVEN to help prevent tie rods from snapping/busting (see what I did there? :). There was someone locally here who snapped his tie-rod on the trail and they clamped it back with this brace and his Bronco turned into a Braptor and went up a 85% incline!!!! (He also slept at a Holiday-Inn the night before I heard!)....Kidding, haha. But truly well designed stuff and if you have a lift or spacers, I highly recommend this upgrade! AND they look pretty sick too :cool:
- SPACERS - I did 1.5 inch spacers and they look PERFECT :). Juuuust the right amount of "poke" to give it that aggressive look and stance. Love it this mod!
- Hood Deflector - SUper important mod......at first I didn't want to, cause I felt it took away from the "shiny" front lip of the hood. But now that I have it, I love the way it looks.
- Best Top Sunrider - It's just awesome having the option to FLIP your top back and enjoy the outdoors, then close it quickly at a moment's notice. Great quality and nice material color as well (get the twill option, looks and great and lasts longer)
- RTR EVO 6 (Satin Charcoal) - 17 inch Wheels - LOVE THEM.......wow. :) Super lightweight and I have a separate review here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rtr-evo-6-wheels-installed.60402/
- WARN EVO 12s Winch + Rough Country Modular Bumper Mount - Coming soon!!! :)

** Lucky for me our buddy is an awesome mechanic :) Big shout out to Zobie Bronco for doing most of the installs (y) :cool: (https://www.instagram.com/702_zobie_bronco/), our awesome SIN CITY BRONCOS group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1228639247572679) and Off Road Warehouse!

FYI - for anyone who wants DV8 stuff - use promo code (ZOBIE) for 10% off.

Here are some pics of the lights and suspension upgrades:

RIGID LIGHTS

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52341006372_a2e21fc388_c-

Untitled by P.L. L, on Flickr

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52342391675_d703d5726b_z-

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52342391630_30f7805018_z-

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52341006302_d80c3a779f_z-

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52335529990_ab06e88dba_c-

Rigid radiance series fogs by P.L. L, on Flickr

DV8 Rock Sliders/Sidesteps

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52520639640_57ec9f0080_c-

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52520161786_17b787cd88_c-

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52520638650_01f1615707_c-

BEFORE - THE SUSPENSION LIFT

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52519800901_f19f13435c_c-

AFTER - THE SUSPENSION LIFT

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52519800896_894bc06f8e_c-

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52520233328_7fc6f374e8_c-

Eibach lift springs and Johnny Joint rear trailing links by P.L. L, on Flickr

Johnny Joint Trailing LINKS (and you can also see my DV8 DIFF SKID)

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52519681756_3f9703f67d_c-

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52519681741_b51142c4b4_c-

EIBACH PRO LIFT SPRINGS

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52519681731_6a8a410f5e_c-

DV8 FRONT A-ARM SKIDS
Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52368353116_6bb5bff4aa_c-

DV8 protection ;) by P.L. L, on Flickr

DV8 REAR SHOCK SKIDS (very cool as they not only protect the shock but also the rear link end)

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52367410047_d76cc703cc_c-

Front view with Spacers Installed

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52520175531_21867f8f6b_c-

FRONT & REAR (respectively) - BEFORE LIFT

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52519795311_8513f9ed60_c-

Ride height - before and after Eibach Springs by P.L. L, on Flickr

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52520072289_246635cceb_c-

FRONT & REAR (respectively) - AFTER LIFT

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52520273685_1a7442590a_c-

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52520347913_20774834fb_c-

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) img_3984-

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 52533080138_6bf1b3d9ed_b
BestTop Sunrider by P.L. L, on Flickr

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) BRONCORTR
Sponsored

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks amazing!

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it correct o say you've only gained 1.8" up front with the eibach springs with advertised to give 2.3"?

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is it correct o say you've only gained 1.8" up front with the eibach springs with advertised to give 2.3"?
Yes, you are correct, but also note that I have a LOT of additional weight installed. My RCI skids are 5/16 steel plates, including my DV8 steel sidesteps and Lower A-Arm Skids. I would estimate at least an additional 400 lbs affecting the "weighting" of the front springs alone. Affecting the rest is another 200 lbs, rear Fuel Skid + DV8 Rear Diff Skid + DV8 Shock tower skids. ALL steel. I'm confident that if I removed all of that added weight, the lift would be closer to 2.3-2.5.

Currently I still have a subtle rake. - front is slightly lower than the rears.

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, I finally capped off my 2022 upgrades for my Bronco and figured I'd list them and give some reviews to help others :)

- LIGHTS - I have 8 RIGID Pocket Fogs (radiance series) - 6 in the bumper (3 each side) and 2 on the top of the hood for ditch lights. They have been indispensable, on night rides. They also look very cool at dusk wen the amber backlights come on. I also added LAMIN-X yellow films to 2 4 of my pod lights on the bumper. One i use as a daily driving light and the other when off roading to cut through the dust. Even during daytime rides they work great and let people in front of you really notice you on the trail. I even use the outer-most lights (closest to the bumper corners) to light up the dark roads on the side. Fantastic on unlit streets to light up what is off of it. I connected all of the m to my AUX switches and have still have two left for future mods.
- PEDAL COMMANDER - This has to be one of the BEST bang-for-buck upgrades that I think any Bronco owner should have. For $299 it rocks. Being able to fine tune the throttle curve to your liking and removing that annoying "lag" on the accelerator is money! Then you can even add whatever ECU/Piggyback tune you want to complement it. It just livens up the Bronco and it "feels" like you have 50 more HP and 50lbs more torque.
- SKID PLATES & other Protective Stuff - I have a Big Bend and it had NO protection underneath beyond the front bash plate and partial Diff plate. I ended up getting a complete system from RCI (front Engine skid all the way back to the Fuel Tank Skid). Very good, heavy duty stuff. Built very well with amazing tolerances. And also got a Trailing arm front link-mount (RED) Skid Plate from ASFIR (you'll see it poking out in one fo the pics below). I also have DV8 Front A-Arm skids and rear shock mount skids, as well as their differential plate skid. Very Solid stuff from DV8 and RCI - also very reasonably priced.
- SPEAKER UPGRADE - stock system SUCKS.......yup. After a while it isn't tolerable. I Upgraded all 6 speakers ( I have the base system) and will be adding amps and a small sub soon. I'm thinking of getting the Kicker Key 200.4, as others have on this forum. Good value and has DSP - which i know will make a huge difference in sound quality.
- ROCK SLIDER/SIDE STEPS - The DV8 ones I think are the best "compromise" for my purposes. Both for looks and for 80% protection. They are not "true" rock sliders as they do not bolt on directly to the frame, but do offer a good amount of protection while still looking BAD ASS and being "functional side-steps".
- FORSCAN PROGRAMMING - I removed that stupid Double-Honk and activated all my GOAT MODES...I recently got a chance to try out "Baja Mode" at 75MPH......WOW.......Truly amazing. It convinced me that I do want to have a full Coil-over setup at some point in the future.....and maybe try out a Desert Race for fun!!!
- SUSPENSION - I really thought I wouldn't need this......but...after going pretty hardcore on some trails and not clearing rocks from time to time, I decided to do the lift and change some suspension parts. I originally wanted a KING setup but opted out of it ($$$). I then decided to add an Eibach Pro Lift Kit (springs ONLY) and also some Johnny-Joint Rear Trailing Arms (upper and lower), as well as a rear ICON Track Bar. RIDES way nicer and feels more stable than the stock Sasquatch. Smooths out road bumps and is also firmer with better handling on the road. Less body roll, less dive and squat. And the actual lift is PERFECT as I only have 35s and not 37s. It also didn't "break the bank of Scotland" so to speak :) Very reasonable upgrade.
- TIE-ROD REINFORCEMENT - Installed the BroncBuster Braces and this totally gives me WAY more confidence on the trails. Especially after my lift and spacers. These are PROVEN to help prevent tie rods from snapping/busting (see what I did there? :). There was someone locally here who snapped his tie-rod on the trail and they clamped it back with this brace and his Bronco turned into a Braptor and went up a 85% incline!!!! (He also slept at a Holiday-Inn the night before I heard!)....Kidding, haha. But truly well designed stuff and if you have a lift or spacers, I highly recommend this upgrade! AND they look pretty sick too :cool:
- SPACERS - I did 1.5 inch spacers and they look PERFECT :). Juuuust the right amount of "poke" to give it that aggressive look and stance. Love it this mod!
- Hood Deflector - SUper important mod......at first I didn't want to, cause I felt it took away from the "shiny" front lip of the hood. But now that I have it, I love the way it looks.
- Best Top Sunrider - It's just awesome having the option to FLIP your top back and enjoy the outdoors, then close it quickly at a moment's notice. Great quality and nice material color as well (get the twill option, looks and great and lasts longer)
- RTR EVO 6 (Satin Charcoal) - 17 inch Wheels - LOVE THEM.......wow. :) Super lightweight and I have a separate review here:

** Lucky for me our buddy is an awesome mechanic :) Big shout out to Zobie Bronco for doing most of the installs (y) :cool: (https://www.instagram.com/702_zobie_bronco/), our awesome SIN CITY BRONCOS group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1228639247572679) and Off Road Warehouse!

RIGID LIGHTS

EIBACH PRO LIFT SPRINGS

DV8 FRONT A-ARM SKIDS

DV8 REAR SHOCK SKIDS (very cool as they not only protect the shock but also the rear link end)

Looks great. How difficult to do the upper rear links? Did you do the install or have a shop do it?

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome. How is the ride with spacers? Was thinking of adding some to my BL with stock wheels.

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it. I just wish light manufacturers would make more round lights to match the the headlight shape. I don't care for the square lights

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

RIGID LIGHTS

EIBACH PRO LIFT SPRINGS

DV8 FRONT A-ARM SKIDS

Nice, Vegas local, hit me up if you want to go wheeling

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

RIGID LIGHTS

EIBACH PRO LIFT SPRINGS

DV8 FRONT A-ARM SKIDS

So don't keep us in the dark! Are the antlers RTR or Ford OEM? :)

Chris67

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely love it. How are the mudflaps? What brand did you get?

Notice a big difference?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice build, neighbor. I just bought a Big Bend as well, and am suffering from the same lack of skids you were. I was considering just going factory skids, and I’m wondering the weight difference with what you did. Dunno yet.

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

RIGID LIGHTS

EIBACH PRO LIFT SPRINGS

DV8 FRONT A-ARM SKIDS