Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what it said in the other thread, but the Badlands appears to support the front parking sensors in the non-removable upper portion of the bumper.

I’m pretty sure you are right about the fog lights being an aftermarket type of thing (no oem) with the modular bumper.

C826511D-5474-4F6C-B4DD-74B5B89DCBDE.jpeg
Agreed, here's a closeup

Ford Bronco Preproduction Frankenstein Bronco that just came off the line at Wayne Badlands Modular Bumper with Sensor
Sponsored

JrShelby

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed, here's a closeup

Badlands Modular Bumper with Sensor.png
I really hope they stick to that. I really do. I've not seen them on mules and the badlands that have had forwards sensors are with the third style bumper. There are all sorts of disclaimers about computer generated images so who know. There is a Wiltrak in Antimatter blue on Ford's Bronco site with a badlands grille. So we will keep on guessing till the B&P clarifies. Would make sense since First editions have modular and are suppose to have everything but some of the first edition pics don't show them either. Again computer generated and all.

Ford Bronco Preproduction Frankenstein Bronco that just came off the line at Wayne u725_fna_shot_039_49892_ext_front_3_4_johnson_valley_v12.tif

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sooo,what do they do with all these "pre production" Broncos ??? And if they can build this many,why aren't they building Broncos for sale ? ? ?
They get crushed once they're through with testing.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sooo,what do they do with all these "pre production" Broncos ??? And if they can build this many,why aren't they building Broncos for sale ? ? ?
They are simply test builds to prove out the process, tooling, equipment, testing, etc. Most are crushed once they have served there purpose.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMO the smaller wheel arch flares (seen here) look better than what you get with the Sasquatch package. The later version IMO sticks out too far and just looks awkward. This version (w/33s) doesn't look over-done and is proportional looking.
Completely agree. I’m already planning to purchase another set of normal flares during the purchase.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Modular bumpers don't get sensors or fog lights as discussed in a previous thread where the outside of the bumpers can be removed for more clarence.

High Package
Mid Package content, plus: 12" center stack touchscreen; 360-Degree Camera; additional sound deadening materials; Forward Sensing System; and sideview mirror LED approach lamps and spotlight

Below are the 3 different bumpers out there. The outer banks and Wiltrak share the same bumper. The Badlands has had the modular and the forward sensor version on many a test mule.
Do you know which of the two plastic bumpers are for WT and OB? You can see forward sensors in both versions in the photo you referenced. Thanks!

JrShelby

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Completely agree. I’m already planning to purchase another set of normal flares during the purchase.
Ya I have Wiltrak reserved and may go Badlands if that bumper with foglight are available. I'd be OK with the Non modular hard top and 33" wheels all day but would get the High or Lux with 2.7 and Auto!

JrShelby

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you know which of the two plastic bumpers are for WT and OB? You can see forward sensors in both versions in the photo you referenced. Thanks!
The Black bronco with the painted flares is the Outerbanks. Thats the bumper the Wildtrak gets as well.
Ford Bronco Preproduction Frankenstein Bronco that just came off the line at Wayne Mine

JrShelby

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Black bronco with the painted flares is the Outerbanks. Thats the bumper the Wildtrak gets as well.
Ford Bronco Preproduction Frankenstein Bronco that just came off the line at Wayne Mine
I think the Badlands does not get active grille shutters would be my only guess as to why they may call for a different front bumper. You can see the Active shutters in the top of the grille and in the middle of the bumper opening.

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is a Wildtrack with the modular bumper

Ford Bronco Preproduction Frankenstein Bronco that just came off the line at Wayne 1599432872696

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That modular steel bumper is better looking than most aftermarket ones. Lols better than the wrangler modular bumper as well. Although, the wranglers holds a winch down inside it. Which would be preferable. But dang, ford nailed the look of the modular one.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I kind of dig the black with a grey roof look here, Frankenstein or not.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is Ford after all, you can have any color you want, so long as its black.

(For anyone to young to understand, Google Model T)
He made that comment in 1909 (google searched date), so I hope we're all too young to understand

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

He made that comment in 1909 (google searched date), so I hope we're all too young to understand
True, but some of us understand Ford history better than others.

No google allowed, first year Ford had a V-8? What was it called?
Sponsored