Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you rent a car? I am doing this late April with my fiance and we are trying to figure out transportation. We are staying at the Red Cliffs Lodge too.
Sponsored

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the awesome review. I was on the fence for which Off-Roadeo I wanted to go, but you swayed my thoughts.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice write-up. We participated back in November flying into SLC and rented a Jeep Wrangler for comparison purposes. Getting to drive about 30 miles of paved road gave us a great experience of the road manners and ride of the Bronco. It did not disappoint. We drove the hardtop red Wildtrack that was also the designated rescue vehicle equipped with traction boards, retrieval straps, first aid, and a Sat phone, none of which needed to be used. We, too, stayed at the Red Cliffs Lodge and would stay there again. As was mentioned, expensive, but a good value. The portion of the lodge property used by the Off-Rodeo ops, used to be occupied by a local winery. We patronized the Moab Brewery on a couple of occasions and did a self driving tour of Arches Natl Park and we’re amazed that they let people rock climb (I guess being no different than the folks who climb El Cap in Yosemite). We’d go back to Moab in a heartbeat!

OP
OP
nwGTS

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you rent a car? I am doing this late April with my fiance and we are trying to figure out transportation. We are staying at the Red Cliffs Lodge too.
Yes, i snagged a rental from Enterprise at the Moab Airport. They gave me a Taco for the same price as an economy car. I reserved three months prior.

lperlich

Outer Banks
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m not sure if it’s because our group was so small on 1/28 (five vehicles total), but I have to admit that I am a little bummed that we did not receive stickers for answering questions. I only got two at check-in (Moab Off Roadeo and a Bronco Family one).

Sponsored

Zalford

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks & 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Son and I went in October and had an amazing time!!!

Ford Bronco Moab - Bronco Off-Roadeo Report D0F164CF-1BFA-412C-9EFE-8C8E3CB9EDC1

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went on Friday -your picture looks way less intimidating then actually being there. I had looked at this thread before I went and thought - looks fun but nothing too challenging. I never expected that hill. I will say that everyone in my group just drove right up it and at least 3 of us were pretty nervous.

Same obstacle different perspective....
Ford Bronco Moab - Bronco Off-Roadeo Report 6 cropped

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went on Friday -your picture looks way less intimidating then actually being there. I had looked at this thread before I went and thought - looks fun but nothing too challenging. I never expected that hill. I will say that everyone in my group just drove right up it and at least 3 of us were pretty nervous.

Ford Bronco Moab - Bronco Off-Roadeo Report 6 cropped
This looks like the exact same hill I came down in the opposite direction when I went to the Moab OffRodeo a year ago November. Some folks were nervous, but I thought it to be pretty easy. It did teach a good lesson about speed.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My right LED taillight has had moisture in it too... weird.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks like the exact same hill I came down in the opposite direction when I went to the Moab OffRodeo a year ago November. Some folks were nervous, but I thought it to be pretty easy. It did teach a good lesson about speed.
IMO going down would have been even scarier, but I have done virtually no offroading.

I took my wife back to the trail next day, the first obstacle wasn't far in, figured I give her a little example of what the bronco could do. She didn't like it and I almost chickened out. It was a lot easier with the guide right there. Then I remembered how the broncos just drove right up it so I put it in crawl and drove right up. Turned around and drove back down and the lower departure angle showed up ;) Got a nice solid clunk when the recovery loop smacked the rock. I knew I should have pushed some sand into that hole.... No real damage but the hook angle does look a little different.

Sponsored

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our guide had us go up that obstacle, then circle around and go back down, then come up the less steep part of the trail to the right of it without guide instructions.

We were quite proud of ourselves 😬🫣🤣

Ford Bronco Moab - Bronco Off-Roadeo Report 25DB7420-AB61-40BA-B195-A7A4D7AC92C5

Last edited:

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Moab - Bronco Off-Roadeo Report trim.C2511193-F8DC-4BC5-9FBB-EDA8699494E5.MOV
Pretty sure that is Wipeout Hill, and its called that for a reason. Looks like they take you in on Backwards Bill which comes in Wipeout Hill and out Sevenmile Rim if you didn't go down and back up wipeout hill.

Looks like a great time!

BBQBennz

Black Diamond
First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2001 Z06 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for this great report of your trip. CUZ & I will be there the first weekend of June. We are even more excited and looking forward to this event. We are from Central Florida and have never been to Utah. Should be great!

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They usually do Dome Plateau.
Sponsored