Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Badsquatch, Lux, Cactus Gray, 1991 5.7 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That'll do

Rear Seats Folded Flat Down 2021 Bronco Badlands at Bronco West Celebration -23.jpg

11e1322b0afe105a7dd564f38599b7c0.jpg

So can the doors and modular roof pieces fit back here or what??
Please anyone as this is the deciding factor between two door and four-door wildtrack
Sponsored

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-Z
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To me, the 2D rear looks to have benefitted from ZERO practical planning. Now, maybe this shit is all pre-pro & final production will be just peachy - but I doubt it. I'm not lookin for luxury - just plain ole' functionality...and Bronco misses the mark.

If you work your way past the split-level load floor...

This CO unit has leather seats, yet the backs of the rear seats appear to be cloth

No one can tell me if those rear headrests are totally removable - instead of sticking up like an afterthought.

Aftermarket fix is prolly $3-5K+

If anything, these pix have convinced me to maybe get a base model...at $1,000 under invoice - that's about what its worth.
Not to give Honda too much praise but they also offer seat back protectors on the Civic Hatchback for $104. Hoping that we'll see a similar option.

08p30-tea-100_750x422.jpg

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Level that load floor and get rid of all that carpet backing/underside and you have yourself something that's actually usable. I don't care if its just a little bin. If the much wished for, cheap, and tiny Jimny can pull it off surely the Bronco can.

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 08p30-tea-100_750x422

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 08p30-tea-100_750x422
I love the backing on these seats. I think some Bronco Sport trims get this. Hope it translates to Bronco, would make more sense than cloth.

Trickster

Badlands
First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Badsquatch, Lux, Cactus Gray, 1991 5.7 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hallelujah! So what’s the verdict on doors and modular roof pieces fitting back there?

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

While it's not bad, not really what I was expecting when I saw 50/50 folding seats, I would have loved to see them perform similar to the Honda Fit. I'm hoping the pullout tailgate accessory will line up more with the seats.
Pullout tailgate thing is only available on the four door, and that has better folding seats to begin with. This, right here, is starting to change my opinion of the two door and move towards the four door. I just don't like the looks of a four door Bronco on the outside. Not as nostalgic as the two door.

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They should have done what Honda did with the Element. Hinged back seats that can be swung out of the way or removed entirely. Missed opportunity, if you ask me.
585266_81_61976_n5fWW0QGW.jpg

585276_81_61976_o3PmymRn3.png
I agree, Honda is un-paralleled at interior packaging and Bronco missed an opportunity.

I will make it work though. The rear seats will be removed in mine.. and hopefully I can figure out a way to decline the passenger seat all the way back flat. Then put a long flat sleeping platform from front to rear, supported by the flattened passenger seat in front and a support of some type in the rear.

So when its just me out and about I can sleep in the 2-door.

Basically like the right side of the top pic of the element.

Last edited:

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While it's not bad, not really what I was expecting when I saw 50/50 folding seats, I would have loved to see them perform similar to the Honda Fit. I'm hoping the pullout tailgate accessory will line up more with the seats.
Honda has some good engineers. I will always give them that.

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-Z
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pullout tailgate thing is only available on the four door, and that has better folding seats to begin with. This, right here, is starting to change my opinion of the two door and move towards the four door. I just don't like the looks of a four door Bronco on the outside. Not as nostalgic as the two door.
Ah dang, just when I though I had my heart set on the two door. I thought the four door was a 60/40 split?

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if Jeep has a patent on removable rear seats and that's why the Bronco doesn't have that? That's the one thing I found that was simple and so useful in my TJ. This fold down style is just too 'first generation SUV' to be expected in something like this.
Most consumers don’t want a removable seat for 2 reasons. 1) You have to store them somewhere. This is compounded in a vehicle like the bronco because you already are potentially storing a hardtop and doors. 2) Removable seats do you no good if you’re at the store and make an unplanned bulky purchase.

Sponsored

Father Time

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Completely disappointed with this.. the interior engineering seems like it’s from the 90s! I can’t believe they didn’t think of having an easily removable backseat or at least have it fold completely flat.... Seriously this might make me cancel my reservation... The whole point of this vehicle for me was to get out to the wilderness and sleep inside it or at least pack a bunch of gear and have a rooftop tent! Both of these options seem to be taken away because of the lack of planning. I heard the roof rack only has a weight capacity of 130 pounds. And the fact that the seats have carpet on the back of them, just horrible.. C’mon Ford, step up your game in 2021!!! ???

Last edited:

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to give Honda too much praise but they also offer seat back protectors on the Civic Hatchback for $104. Hoping that we'll see a similar option.

This! Why do so many manufacturers insist on carpeting the backs of fold-down seats?! Just one more surface for junk to stick to.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It doesn't seem to be lack of foresight., just space constraint?

......where else can they find 4-5 inches to drop those down flush with the floor, at least on the 2DR, as it sits?

It is good for my purposes but I know others feel different

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There you have it....just like the Bronco II tumbled seats as expected....except with the headrest. AND not flat floor. No biggie they are still coming OUT!!! (y)??
Sponsored