Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can tell by the rough edges that this vent was cut out by hand. Definitely not how it will appear on final product. I still think the vents will be where the “no step” sign is on the back of the center console. honestly, how hard would it be to pipe the air from the floor through the back of the center console and out....pretty easy
Why is this even still being debated. Not only did ford confirm in a Q&A that they are under the front seats, we now have photographic proof that they are. (Even if it is a preproduction model with rough edges.)
Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think the front seats are all the way back if you compare this photo to the ones in the big and tall thread.
There's a big and tall thread?! Where? Link??

I need to go there! :D

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guessing the three lines are bluetooth microphones, and the blue lights are just LEDs so you can find the map light buttons?
Ive had those little Overhead LEDs in a few cars and they’re great. They very subtly light the center console / cup holder area.

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you go to Flagler? And other than the beach, my Bronco won't be going anywhere. I'm not into the mud bogs (Auggie Bog or Hog Waller).
I did go to Flagler. And yeah I would be the same way. Not into the mud bogs. Hopefully I'll be able to road trip down with the Bronco next summer

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a screen shot of a 4 door from one of the videos. I am still thinking the 4 door has more leg room. Lots more.

9A718038-3519-4169-9822-EE4FEC5AC6A2.png
I have the opposite take, which is the leg room on the 2-door seems pretty comparable .
Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! 15D2D032-5ABC-4A53-8C3E-46CC829594BA

Look at the far seat (near seat is slid forward for folding):
Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! AFDAF096-6238-4C62-A29F-73FE7C26B8C0

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is this even still being debated. Not only did ford confirm in a Q&A that they are under the front seats, we now have photographic proof that they are. (Even if it is a preproduction model with rough edges.)
Why? Because it’s an open forum and clearly a lot of people are complaining And wanting to discuss it. To me, it’s a relatively easy engineering fix...maybe not in the 2021 model, but I bet you the next Model year or two this will be fixed. To me it’s not that big an issue, I don’t sit in the back seat, and I don’t live in the hot south, and for my kids...well a little character building never hurts lol

i am more concerned if I get the rubber washout floors, getting water, sand, kids toys, etc. stuck in there. Again, my main point to alleviate people’s worry is that based on rough edges, even it that’s where it is, fit and finish will look different.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why? Because it’s an open forum and clearly a lot of people are complaining And wanting to discuss it. To me, it’s a relatively easy engineering fix...maybe not in the 2021 model, but I bet you the next Model year or two this will be fixed. To me it’s not that big an issue, I don’t sit in the back seat, and I don’t live in the hot south, and for my kids...well a little character building never hurts lol

i am more concerned if I get the rubber washout floors, getting water, sand, kids toys, etc. stuck in there. Again, my main point to alleviate people’s worry is that based on rough edges, even it that’s where it is, fit and finish will look different.
Of course it’s an open forum, but you posted twice in quick succession implying that the location hadn’t yet been determined.
The reality is that it has, and implying that it hasn’t will only go to confuse new forum members and make it harder to search for and find the correct answer when someone is looking for it.

Its better forum etiquette to acknowledge where we’ve been told they are going to be, and then state that you wish they were in the center console, or hope that it will be moved later.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course it’s an open forum, but you posted twice in quick succession implying that the location hadn’t yet been determined.
The reality is that it has, and implying that it hasn’t will only go to confuse new forum members and make it harder to search for and find the correct answer when someone is looking for it.

Its better forum etiquette to acknowledge where we’ve been told they are going to be, and then state that you wish they were in the center console, or hope that it will be moved later.
I will just be nice. To each their own and we all have similar and differing opinions and probably different definitions of forum etiquette.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

you can tell by the rough edges that this vent was cut out by hand. Definitely not how it will appear on final product. I still think the vents will be where the “no step” sign is on the back of the center console. honestly, how hard would it be to pipe the air from the floor through the back of the center console and out....pretty easy
exactly how my 19 F150 is including the extra plug ins. I cannot believe Ford would not reuse that stuff for the Bronco vs putting cheap venting under the seats.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any ideas what's going on here? Specifically:
  • What's the orange indicator icon?
  • What are the little blue dots?
  • Faint blue wording?
  • What are the 3 individual buttons per light?
  • What are the angled grate lines on each side? Just styling cues?
  • There is an open space between the aux switches and lights with the little 3 grate lines on both sides. Is this just intended to be empty space? Or could something go there in the future?
Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! AFDAF096-6238-4C62-A29F-73FE7C26B8C0
  • What's the orange indicator icon?
thats the passenger airbag indicator.
  • What are the little blue dots?
lights to give a soft glow to the interior. makes it easier to see things at night while not being as bright.
  • Faint blue wording?
can't tell.
  • What are the 3 individual buttons per light?
might be a rocker switch, off, auto and on for the map lights.
could be microphone or temperature sensor for the climate control.
  • There is an open space between the aux switches and lights with the little 3 grate lines on both sides. Is this just intended to be empty space? Or could something go there in the future?
thats most likely the microphone there if not another sensor.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t think the front seats are all the way back if you compare this photo to the ones in the big and tall thread.
In both photos (the 2 dr and the 4 dr) you can see the back of the front seats are lined up with the end of the center arm rest.

The Wrangler is almost identical in size specs of wheelbase, length, etc to the Bronco and it gets an additional 2.5” in legroom on 4dr vs 2dr. Rear legroom is one reason why I’m driving the 4dr now (that and the larger gas tank capacity).

I will bet 1,000 internet points there is more legroom on the 4dr Bronco vs the 2 door. Not saying you can stretch out like your sitting on a extended barkalounger, but it will be bigger.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bad thing is someone who works for the company producing them has confirmed this is the final version, they have already produced tens of thousands of them.
Oh man... If that’s true it could only mean one thing... they’re gonna need a huge dumpster.

(I can’t wait for some sweet 3D aftermarket ones.)

Last edited:

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any ideas what's going on here? Specifically:
Those grates are the rear A/C vents. They're not even CLOSE! Man, did they screw those up. #FAIL

/s
(I kid, of course. I actually have zero complaints. Just rollin' with the bit.)
Sponsored