Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1929 Ford Model As - sedan & roadster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, 651 days later my new Bronco is finally here. I managed to avoid the dreaded email of death and get mine built at the start of the year despite having several constrained items.

My build is a 2023 two-door base, with Sasquatch and 2.7L - in Cactus Grey. I really think the base is the way to go - that blacked-out stealth grill with the chrome ring & floating bar headlights are the best looking combo in my opinion. And with Base/Sasquatch you get the best looking badge! Plus now I can start customizing, which is a lot of the fun anyway!

The long wait was definitely worth it, I could not be happier with how it looks and drives. That Sasquatch package makes it look so burly and the drive height is great. Fit and finish overall is so solid. The very satisfying clunk of the door and tight handling - just an absolute blast to get behind the wheel. It got here just in time for Spring to get Sprangin' here in Austin, TX.

I haven't posted anything here since July of 2021 when I went to the Off-Roadeo, since there really wasn't anything to post - I was just waiting like so many others. But now I had a great time driving around this week and took some photos.

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_3377

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_3383

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_3385

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_3391

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_3406

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_3415

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_3446

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_3454

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_3470

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_3422

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_3471
Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congrats on a 2dr CG Bronco. 2dr leading the way!

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on your recent delivery of your Bronco. Another great looking 2-Door!

What are your plans for it?

I have one very similar to yours. Here is day one at the dealership.

Ford Bronco Bronkolohe Basesquatch is here! IMG_0587

Sponsored

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats, great looking bronco! What do you plan to do with the plastic steering wheel? I'n waiting on a basesquatch myself but haven't found any good quality leather covers for the steering wheel

Pattertj

Badlands
First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 F350 4x4, BDL 2-dr squatch & Rivian RT1 pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, 651 days later my new Bronco is finally here. I managed to avoid the dreaded email of death and get mine built at the start of the year despite having several constrained items.

My build is a 2023 two-door base, with Sasquatch and 2.7L - in Cactus Grey. I really think the base is the way to go - that blacked-out stealth grill with the chrome ring & floating bar headlights are the best looking combo in my opinion. And with Base/Sasquatch you get the best looking badge! Plus now I can start customizing, which is a lot of the fun anyway!

The long wait was definitely worth it, I could not be happier with how it looks and drives. That Sasquatch package makes it look so burly and the drive height is great. Fit and finish overall is so solid. The very satisfying clunk of the door and tight handling - just an absolute blast to get behind the wheel. It got here just in time for Spring to get Sprangin' here in Austin, TX.

I haven't posted anything here since July of 2021 when I went to the Off-Roadeo, since there really wasn't anything to post - I was just waiting like so many others. But now I had a great time driving around this week and took some photos.

Looks awesome!!!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford really missed the boat on the Sasquatch branding opportunity. Whereas mine has this itty bitty lilliputian, this badge has personality. Almost like it came out've an easter egg...

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My wait was over 900 days..I was a real base 2 DR BB MT HT baby motor and baby tires in CG but im poor..help me…lol

Iamthedan1989

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Redline makes leather covers that are self install or by a vendor that should be great. Can also match it with the console cover and shifter boot!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronkolohe

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats, great looking bronco! What do you plan to do with the plastic steering wheel? I'n waiting on a basesquatch myself but haven't found any good quality leather covers for the steering wheel
I actually like the feel of the steering wheel - the texture of it feels good in my hands and the size/width are good. I'm not used to the leather wrapped feel and seems like it would be thick with a cover on it. You may be surprised - it doesn't look feel cheap or plastic.

OP
OP
Bronkolohe

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford really missed the boat on the Sasquatch branding opportunity. Whereas mine has this itty bitty lilliputian, this badge has personality. Almost like it came out've an easter egg...
Yes - I'm really puzzled by the badges for the trim levels - there is no consistency to the shapes or typeface - the illustration styles change from one to another, etc. Type height/width & thickness are all different. They don't hang together as a "family" and look like they are all over the map.

I'm a designer & illustrator, so this kinda thing really bugs me. First edition, Badlands and Sasquatch all use that kind of diamond shape - but Black Diamond doesn't use the diamond? That Outer Banks icon is so bad - looks like a poorly drawn curling gift ribbon instead of a powerful wave.

Definitely agree that Sasquatch is most successful - has personality and type and icon read well from a distance. The First Edition/Badlands canyon & steer skull combo just feels like it never gets there - execution is complicated and conceptually, why are we trying to put a cow on a horse? Isn't this a Bronco?

Hey Ford - hire me and I'll fix all this for 2024. Ha!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Stetson Open Road. Not many of us rocking that particular lid these days. I’m a fan with one Stetson and a couple of custom hats in that style. The retro nature of that hat really kinda goes with the retro style of Bronco in my opinion.

Last edited:

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally agree with you. I have a 2 door Basequatch as well- in white. Love everything about it just as you described. It needs nothing to me- not even one mod.......well maybe floor mats......

By far the best bang for the buck for low 40's. There's nothing on the market you can buy brand new for this and get such a capable off road vehicle right out of the box. Yeah sure you can pay 65K plus for a Jeep Rubicon or Silverado Trail Boss- or get something else for 65K and add lift, tires and add on another 20K. I'll save my 25K plus, invest it and retire sooner LOL!
Sponsored