jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just checking in with the AMB camp. Today's photos of the cans didnt help. In the shade it looked as black as the black can next to it. And in the sunlight, only marginally different than the black (which says something, since you still have black as a point of reference).

Are guys still sticking with their gut here, or is there a lot of fall-out? The body frame in the sun photo is the smoking gun that still has me on board.
Sponsored

Ksm

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just checking in with the AMB camp. Today's photos of the cans didnt help. In the shade it looked as black as the black can next to it. And in the sunlight, only marginally different than the black (which says something, since you still have black as a point of reference).

Are guys still sticking with their gut here, or is there a lot of fall-out? The body frame in the sun photo is the smoking gun that still has me on board.
Yep, sticking with it. I think it's going to really surprise people and something I won't tire of. Hoping there'll be a white roof combo but I'll get the white roof one way or another. And then a white grill from aftermarket hopefully

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My GT350 is Lightning Blue and I can tell you that those gas cans weren't even a close representation of the dynamics of Lightning Blue (not faulting the photos...just it's a hard color to capture). It looks very dark in those photos when LB actually has a shimmer almost. And especially expose the whole photo for ALL colors...almost impossible.

Not saying AMB would be the same as it IS much darker than LB, but this color, you may just have to wait to see it in person.

Sponsored

Aut-Lin

Black Diamond
First Name
Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm still sticking with AMB, although A51 is a close second... The photos of the cans showed the Shadow Black and AMB side by side and there was enough blue in the AMB can that it didn't look completely black next to the SB can.

Still pretty dark though... I'm hoping we can see a full Bronco and not just a body shell in full AMB soon.

broncobastard

Big Bend
First Name
steve and karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 mustang gt / 19 jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My GT350 is Lightning Blue and I can tell you that those gas cans weren't even a close representation of the dynamics of Lightning Blue (not faulting the photos...just it's a hard color to capture). It looks very dark in those photos when LB actually has a shimmer almost. And especially expose the whole photo for ALL colors...almost impossible.

Not saying AMB would be the same as it IS much darker than LB, but this color, you may just have to wait to see it in person.
i like the AMB thats why im spraying the speed shapes to look at it in other ways..it is dark but in the sun it really pops

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i like the AMB thats why im spraying the speed shapes to look at it in other ways..it is dark but in the sun it really pops
I've never seen AMB in person (obviously), but the photo by you above definitely looks perfectly exposed. The greyish center (area 51?) probably helped with that :)

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man, where are you guys finding these dealers that have the Ford color binders with letter size placards? I just called like 8 dealers in north NJ and everyone said they havent ordered 'one of those' books in 5+ years. And half of them said they've gone paperless and dont even have brochures with the 2" x 1" samples (which are meaningless).

Guess we will have to wait 1-2 months for local 2021 AMB F150s to hit the lot.

broncobastard

Big Bend
First Name
steve and karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 mustang gt / 19 jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've never seen AMB in person (obviously), but the photo by you above definitely looks perfectly exposed. The greyish center (area 51?) probably helped with that :)
Yes you are right Area 51 middle color

Sponsored

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base

Yup, locked into Antimatter blue as first choice.

Can't wait to have people tell me they can't find the vehicle, "hey i thought you said you have a blue one .... .... ... the only dark vehicle i see out there is a black vehicle"

??

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

AMB from the start here !!!! The big reason, I think, the "cans" today it look dark is because it appears as though the photographers have taken it on the "shady" side of the can. Looks like they should have walked around to the other side and they would have a lot more "blue" in them, on the "shady" side it will always look black.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

AMB from the start here !!!! The big reason, I think, the "cans" today it look dark is because it appears as though the photographers have taken it on the "shady" side of the can. Looks like they should have walked around to the other side and they would have a lot more "blue" in them, on the "shady" side it will always look black.
no it was the sunlight side. Can was just dark. Couple shots I took below.

D0D85755-545B-4A45-B4F2-7EAE393DF308.jpeg

A6AB7185-DC70-4774-BDF5-E8C33052AFB5.jpeg

60696334-C16C-4F54-9D93-236EE2BE27CC.jpeg

CBA3E166-D008-4E4F-899A-8B0613411ADF.jpeg

25F13972-D6F9-4632-A62E-D6AF305CF871.jpeg

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Antimatter has multi-color metal flake in bright light
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Thread 25F13972-D6F9-4632-A62E-D6AF305CF871

Now here we go ........... better but still not direct sun light, you can see it towards the top. The photographer is to the "side" of the sunlight, therefore the side of the can appears dark. The only part the is at the correct angle is the very top edge, therefore the only thing that is brilliant, is that top edge.

The photographer needs to be "between" the sun and the "can" with the side of the " can" facing him, The side of the can would be brilliant blue, faded to darker blue. It only takes a slight change in the angle of either and the color will go dark. It is just the nature of it.
Sponsored