Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, hoping Ford may be reading this forum hence this posting as a way to reflect buyer interest. If there is a duplicate thread my apology as I missed it.

Minivans have rear seats that are removable without tools, so this illustrates that removable rear seats can pass DOT/NHTSA safety standards.

As the access to the rear seats in the two door is not easy based on some posted videos, I think most two door buyers would prefer the flexibility to take the rear seats in and out without the need for tools. From what I have read, it appears Ford is preparing to complete NHTSA safety tests in the next few months so I would like to see Ford make a unit with removable rear seats and make this an option on all Broncos or at least the two doors. And yes, it is an option I am willing to pay.

Anyone else think a removable rear seat would be a viable option?
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to see "easily" removable 2nd row seats. But not as an option that I'd have to pay for. Given Jeep owners remove seats all the time I guess I'm surprised Ford didn't plan for that.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I agree they need to figure this out. Bet it is on their list and will be something we see in future model years (but too late for MY2021).

I know they are easy to remove on the TJ because my sonā€™s rear seat is behind the boat on the garage floor, anybody know if the two door rear seats on the JK or JL are easy to remove? Or are they bolted in like the 4 door?

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why with no tools? Pretty sure you would need to remove somewhere you would store them, like a garage. Most garages have plenty of tools.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a must for my 2-door, as I will need that space for 'stuff' as this will be behind my M/H a lot. The rear seats will spend a lot of time stored at home as there is just the two of us.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a must for my 2-door, as I will need that space for 'stuff' as this will be behind my M/H a lot. The rear seats will spend a lot of time stored at home as there is just the two of us.
Same situation here. We're looking into rear seat deletes and maybe a custom storage solution for the 2021.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same situation here. We're looking into rear seat deletes and maybe a custom storage solution for the 2021.
I emailed Goose Gear and was told the Bronco is on their radar, they just need to get one in their hands. In the meantime I will remove the seats and build a level deck.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I emailed Goose Gear and was told the Bronco is on their radar, they just need to get one in their hands. In the meantime I will remove the seats and build a level deck.
I was thinking of manually removing the rear seats in my garage and then printing out some Grade 4 TPU spacers on the mounts.

Shouldn't make too much noise if seated correctly. Can put down a die cut half bed or cast half bed with some spray on to make a level rear without overlapping the factory part of the floor.

Would level out nicely and be pretty light weight and quiet.

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, hoping Ford may be reading this forum hence this posting as a way to reflect buyer interest. If there is a duplicate thread my apology as I missed it.

Minivans have rear seats that are removable without tools, so this illustrates that removable rear seats can pass DOT/NHTSA safety standards.

As the access to the rear seats in the two door is not easy based on some posted videos, I think most two door buyers would prefer the flexibility to take the rear seats in and out without the need for tools. From what I have read, it appears Ford is preparing to complete NHTSA safety tests in the next few months so I would like to see Ford make a unit with removable rear seats and make this an option on all Broncos or at least the two doors. And yes, it is an option I am willing to pay.

Anyone else think a removable rear seat would be a viable option?
Easily removable seats would be very nice. I don't plan on ever using the rear seats, so mine will be coming out.

Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tool-less seat removal is a pretty simple item to engineer, so it would be nice to have this option.

While their at it, maybe they could change the headrest to fold down, instead of up (when the back is down)............and bring back the flip-forward front passenger seat for access with the 2-door. :p

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking of manually removing the rear seats in my garage and then printing out some Grade 4 TPU spacers on the mounts.

Shouldn't make too much noise if seated correctly. Can put down a die cut half bed or cast half bed with some spray on to make a level rear without overlapping the factory part of the floor.

Would level out nicely and be pretty light weight and quiet.
I was thinking of using the oem mounts to make quick release brackets for a split folding full bed deck, covered in matching outdoor carpet. I just will need a fairly large flat area for camping gear.

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why with no tools? Pretty sure you would need to remove somewhere you would store them, like a garage. Most garages have plenty of tools.
The rear seat in my ā€˜06 LJ comes out with no tools, just fold, tumble, lift the handle and pull the seat out.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think they are "listening" because there has been talk of this option previously. It was ignored.

The interior is set. You want the rear seats removed, you gotta break out the wrench and make it happen. I will.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking of using the oem mounts to make quick release brackets for a split folding full bed deck, covered in matching outdoor carpet. I just will need a fairly large flat area for camping gear.
That's a good idea. Might have to steal it.

I did have an idea about extending the bed for camping. I was thinking, depending on the depth of the tie down brackets, if you could elevate the entire bed about a quarter of an inch to add a lay-flat folding tailgate hinge and bracket.

Then you could fold that out and use the rear door as a secondary support. Wouldn't take too much to fabricate a mount that fits where the fold down table would normally sit.

Could increase the entire bed length (for sleeping) by about three feet.

Then fold it back up and store your gear on top as you would the normal bed.
Sponsored