JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ok, what is that gigantic box in front of the rear view mirror? seems that both the Bronco and JL have it?
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ok, what is that gigantic box in front of the rear view mirror? seems that both the Bronco and JL have it?
Sensors for lane keeping assist, collision detection, etc is what usually lives up there.

4X4 Lady

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4x4 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lever on steering column but what’s the blue dot? “Inspected by 4237”? Lol

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
FWIW, the rearview mirror is an old-fashioned "flip" type for headlights (not the electrochromatic or whatever it's called), which could possibly indicate it's not a high trim model (which could theoretically means another screen could be available)?
The JL offers 3 different screen sizes (5, 7 and 8.4 inch). Maybe Bronco will do the same, as it's a great way to make extra cash up-selling. I don't see Ford wanting to miss out on that. But I'm glad to see a smaller screen offering in these "spy" photos. I don't care about screen size and cameras, and did not want one of those tablet-like display things stuck to the dash.

Hard to tell but hopefully the center on down is not overly large and taking up space. That F150 dash in another thread with the huge drive-in theater display and large center console might be good for the F150, but personally I didn't want to see that in the Bronco. Overall I like this horizontal themed dash in the Bronco.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sensors for lane keeping assist, collision detection, etc is what usually lives up there.
Would it be possible to remove all that?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder how the side window will function. If as previously suggested, there is no integral door frame around the window, then the window will need to seal by having the edges press inward against rubber seals on the body/rollcage structure. In the above photo the camo is getting in the way of seeing exactly how this will be accomplished.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how the side window will function. If as previously suggested, there is no integral door frame around the window, then the window will need to seal by having the edges press inward against rubber seals on the body/rollcage structure. In the above photo the camo is getting in the way of seeing exactly how this will be accomplished.
It’ll likely be an auto up/down half an inch to clear the seal whenever you move the door handle, like most modern convertibles

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Or like the old Camaros, El Caminos, etc...it just works.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would it be possible to remove all that?
Theoretically, you could remove and unplug the module. Might leave an ugly bracket behind, and would probably give you some warnings on the dash though.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’ll likely be an auto up/down half an inch to clear the seal whenever you move the door handle, like most modern convertibles
Interesting, I haven't seen that approach in action. It would be a way to get a better seal, by having the window slip into a groove. Although, what happens with a dead battery, can you get out of the vehicle? Hopefully the battery always has a bit of juice left to activate the window.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting, I haven't seen that approach in action. It would be a way to get a better seal, by having the window slip into a groove. Although, what happens with a dead battery, can you get out of the vehicle? Hopefully the battery always has a bit of juice left to activate the window.
On our tbird you can still open the door, there’s enough flex for the window to pop out the seal without breaking or messing anything up

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Speaking from experience with my corvette which has the 'indexing' windows, when the battery is completely dead/disconnected it can't roll down, so you have to pull the door a bit harder and the glass slides out of the rubber upper trim. Not a huge deal

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or like the old Camaros, El Caminos, etc...it just works.
My old '65 Mustang had a chrome bezel fixed around the window, but otherwise yeah, it made a seal by essentially pressing against the body weather seal, rather than fitting in a groove. I've been in a few other vehicles similar to that, and they seemed to seal ok. Probably not as good as fitting in a groove with more solid frame structure, but still usable.
Sponsored