Sponsored

Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I canceled because I felt like a puppet. Ford is feeding off the Bronco nostalgia and the impulsive buying behavior. I’m having a very sour taste in my mouth right now. “Those suckers will go for anything!” must be going around at the board meetings regarding the Bronco.

It’s possibly the worst time in the last 10-years to make a decision to buy a $50k vehicle and this has been extremely mishandled by Ford.

We decided order an X5 instead. $74K sticker for $52k. Could not pass on that deal. I find it very difficult to justify a $50K Bronco that will be here in 18-24 months, with luck. The X5 is a different vehicle and will not replace our Bronco. Hopefully in 2 years or so we’ll be joining the club.
Ford Bronco Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet. 1603201992671
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the same boat and have to admit, it has me questioning the value of having a reservation.

1. I don’t get a MY21
2. I’m not getting a deal
3. I still won’t get a test drive before having to lock down my order

If the dealer asks for a deposit, I’ll probably cancel.
When did you make your reservation? If it was before Sept 18th 2020, you're getting a 21MY.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You gave $100 that is refundable. While I agree with your frustration about "well what's the point then??", it seemed very obvious to me it is simply a way to measure interest and not so much as a real reservation like one typically thinks of. Yes, they'll generally give them to us in generally some order, but it's not like we sacrificed anything here... If you're unsure, and I'm not joking this time when I say it, but waiting until the hype goes down in 2022 or 2023 might help you feel that you're getting a fair deal and allow you to test drive.

Also, as someone who has worked in the car industry, I would prefer to NOT have the first model year or at least first 10's of thousands produced. While it's not usually substantial, there can be issues. It'll annoy me if I have to go back for three recalls in the first year. I prefer a MY2022.
9/19 reservation holder who hasn’t received a formal communication since 9/20 from either the dealer or Ford.

I was honestly trying to be logical and less reactionary (than i was last night anyway). Broncos will likely hit lots a few months after my reservation arrives. By waiting, I’ll know exactly what deal I can get, have a chance to drive different models, see the paint colors in person, and almost for sure get the X-Plan. And if the truck stumbles out of the blocks and I move on from the Bronco, no worries about getting back a deposit or that $100.

Logically, the value formula flipped. The only counters are a few months sooner and if I’m being honest, canceling means I’m much less likely to end up with a Bronco in my driveway. Who knows what I’ll be thinking about almost 2 years from now. I don’t plan ANYTHING out that far.

Last edited:

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have read the statements. There is NO WAY Ford will not deliver a reserved vehicle that is turned into an actual order.
I totally agree. But the question I still have is when.

Sponsored

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I have been waiting on B&P for months now, nothing has changed. I have a day 2 reservation but I am considering the mansquatch which makes an early reservation moot according to current knowledge. I already had my cooling off moment, started shopping my other interests and have a plan b and plan c should B&P/pricing not work out the way I want.

I hate waiting

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did you make your reservation? If it was before Sept 18th 2020, you're getting a 21MY.
Couldn't the deliveries of those committed 21MY orders still be delivered in '22 if they can't build them fast enough?

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
9/19 reservation holder who hasn’t received a formal communication since 9/20 from either the dealer or Ford.

I was honestly trying to be logical and less reactionary (than i was last night anyway). Broncos will likely hit lots a few months after my reservation arrives. By waiting, I’ll know exactly what deal I can get, have a chance to drive different models, see the paint colors in person, and almost for sure get the X-Plan. And if the truck stumbles out of the blocks and I move on from the Bronco, no worries about getting back a deposit or that $100.

Logically, the value formula flipped. The only counters are a few months sooner and if I’m being honest, canceling means I’m much less likely to end up with a Bronco in my driveway. Who knows what I’ll be thinking about almost 2 years from now. I don’t plan ANYTHING out that far.
I haven't gotten a Ford email since my sign up either for some reason. My intended salesman has been in contact though and that's enough for now. The Bronco doesn't actually exist yet. There is no real rush at this point though yes it would have been nice to be emailed. Checked my spam and all of that and nothing.

I wouldn't have reserved if Granger Ford didn't make their offer as they did as I think similarly to you. But hey, if I can get a good deal and delay my delivery a bit until my lease matures then good for me.

As far as planning in the future, that's most of what I do nowadays. My wife and I think at least a few years out on anything. Hell, if the Bronco couldn't tow a relatively small boat, I wouldn't be getting one, and we don't even have a boat yet! ha.

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I see people whining about having to wait for the bronco, the most hyped vehicle of the last 10 years mentioning “jumping ship” to a bimmer or Durango or Audi
Ford Bronco Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet. 1603202126961
When I’m able to drive a 2021 X5 while I wait for the Bronco:

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn't the deliveries of those committed 21MY orders still be delivered in '22 if they can't build them fast enough?
Maybe? Possibly? We don't know yet. But it will still have a 21MY VIN and title. It's also entirely possible people may get 22MYs delivered in year 2021.

Point is Model Year and Calendar Year are not the same.

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm actually considering canceling my reservation and going a completely different route and then revisiting the Bronco in 2-3 years as a Warthog model or picking up a used one cheaper.

I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland that I originally planned to build out into a little more of an overlanding type vehicle. I already have some wheels to put 18 inch rims on the GC. Probably bump up to 32 inch tires, add some skid plates, rock rails, etc. I could easily do that and save some money and the GC is a 5.7 V8 with a lifetime warranty on it. It has been good to us so I might take this approach.

I sold my 2016 Challenger Hellcat in order to get ready to buy a Bronco. Put it up for sale and it sold quick. Kind of wish I'd kept it now... However, I've been eyeing a 2015 Jaguar F-type R near me in Charlotte, so I might do that for now. LOL.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm actually considering canceling my reservation and going a completely different route and then revisiting the Bronco in 2-3 years as a Warthog model or picking up a used one cheaper.

I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland that I originally planned to build out into a little more of an overlanding type vehicle. I already have some wheels to put 18 inch rims on the GC. Probably bump up to 32 inch tires, add some skid plates, rock rails, etc. I could easily do that and save some money and the GC is a 5.7 V8 with a lifetime warranty on it. It has been good to us so I might take this approach.

I sold my 2016 Challenger Hellcat in order to get ready to buy a Bronco. Put it up for sale and it sold quick. Kind of wish I'd kept it now... However, I've been eyeing a 2015 Jaguar F-type R near me in Charlotte, so I might do that for now. LOL.
I'd consider doing this too. Not sure how the 2021 GCs will look, but I'll bet there's a decent markdown on the current models especially after the new model is released.

Jay20NJ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since I have been waiting on B&P for months now, nothing has changed. I have a day 2 reservation but I am considering the mansquatch which makes an early reservation moot according to current knowledge. I already had my cooling off moment, started shopping my other interests and have a plan b and plan c should B&P/pricing not work out the way I want.

I hate waiting

Same boat.....hate waiting too....and waiting years for this Bronco at that too. Starting to plan ahead at something else too. Who's to know something covid related can happen again.....then production is halted and you'd have to wait even longer.....I'm starting to prepare myself at just getting something else and wait a few production years for a Bronco.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I see people whining about having to wait for the bronco, the most hyped vehicle of the last 10 years mentioning “jumping ship” to a bimmer or Durango or Audi
Strange to see what people cross-shop. I guess it's more about the "gotta have it" vehicle than the actual vehicle.
Sponsored