Sponsored

Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like what I've seen of the new Bronco so far, and so no cold feet in that regard. On the other hand, life moves on. I bought two vehicles this year. One of them would likely have been a Bronco. But Bronco is still not available. So Ford missed out on a sale. Will have to see in 2022 or whatever, if the Bronco at that time will meet my usage needs. Overall it's a shame Ford has been out of the game for so many years with the Bronco.
Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Strange to see what people cross-shop. I guess it's more about the "gotta have it" vehicle than the actual vehicle.
For me it is more of what do you want to sacrifice?
My list of vehicles I'm considering or would consider if available:

Sprinter/transit vans
Chevy ZR2
Bronco 4 dr
Bronco 2 dr
VW's electric van if ever offered
a tiny electric or gas car with AWD (fiesta or smaller) if anyone ever makes one (I'd buy this if it was available https://www.riversimple.com/gallery-goodwood-festival-speed-2016/#

Plus - I could just keep driving what I have...

Each has it's pros and cons.

Right now the bronco 2 dr and just keep driving what I have are tied for 1st.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just started looking at 70's and 80's pickups and for what you'll pay in interest over the loan on the bronco you can get a truck that's got the V8, has a manual behind said V8, has more power in some cases, perhaps more reliable, and you have endless mods and upgrades ready to buy so no waiting for aftermarket.

chribroo

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I share your sentiment because the whole process is ridiculous. We all put in a lot of energy and resources hyping this up but we are completely in limbo until the vehicle is delivered. I don't like dealing with dealerships and I know more than a few people are going to show up on the big day excited as hell and leave without a Bronco or disappointed that they are paying thousands over MSRP. I know there are respectable dealers out there but this is unprecedented demand and Ford is doing little to protect the consumer.

I don't want to sound entitled to a price but the whole process sets the buyers (us) up to take it in the rear. How many people aren't gonna want to walk away without their Bronco despite a surprise ADM? It adds a new element of anxiety to the whole ordeal that I don't know is worth it.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh Hell, I bought a new refrigerator in April and it just got delivered on Oct 8th, glad old fridge held up until then LOL
Same. Only a bit shorter timeframe.
Ordered a fridge, microwave, dishwasher, range in May. Got the Fridge, DW in Sept. Microwave last week of Sept. Stove Oct.
Gone are the days of walking into a store because your appliance took a crap and going home to hook it up. At least, big box stores. Small places and refurbs probably doing pretty good business these days.
And now the dryer is making racket like it is playing drums in "The Devil Went down to Georgia". And it is only 3 years old at most. They don't make them like they used to and charge 5X as much.
Of course the one she wants is out of stock and "Unknown availability as to when we could get it."

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I share your sentiment because the whole process is ridiculous. We all put in a lot of energy and resources hyping this up but we are completely in limbo until the vehicle is delivered. I don't like dealing with dealerships and I know more than a few people are going to show up on the big day excited as hell and leave without a Bronco or disappointed that they are paying thousands over MSRP. I know there are respectable dealers out there but this is unprecedented demand and Ford is doing little to protect the consumer.

I don't want to sound entitled to a price but the whole process sets the buyers (us) up to take it in the rear. How many people aren't gonna want to walk away without their Bronco despite a surprise ADM? It adds a new element of anxiety to the whole ordeal that I don't know is worth it.
This is the exact point that I don't think Ford gives x2 sh%$s about. Supply and demand at the expense of the branding that had a great start

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just started looking at 70's and 80's pickups and for what you'll pay in interest over the loan on the bronco you can get a truck that's got the V8, has a manual behind said V8, has more power in some cases, perhaps more reliable, and you have endless mods and upgrades ready to buy so no waiting for aftermarket.
Had a 78 C10 I just sold.
Engine, heater hoses, radiator hoses, plug wires only. Could sit inside the hood opening and work on it. Loved it for its simplicity and ease to tinker with. Cheap to work on and upgrade (within reason).
Refined and quiet? Not even close. It was like riding in a covered wagon with a Top Fuel engine. It was downright a pain to drive in any traffic or stoplights (4 speed, insanely stiff clutch), pain to drive on interstates due to the gearing and powerband, fun to drive on 2 lane open road.
Dependable and economic? Lol. 8MPG. But mostly dependable. And if not, pretty easy to repair with basic knowledge and tools.
Good part was it was cheap. It was paid for. It performed what I needed it to. My problem was I bought it as an already semi-hopped up hot rod truck and took it to a level that made it super powerful, but less fun to drive in and deal with, if that makes sense.
165Degree temp all day with the aluminum Radiator and electric fan setup. Might have cost me $300 all total to do it. Cheap and fun? Yep! Can you go overkill? Definitely.

Those are the positive points. Plus they are cool and getting harder to find in good shape. I did a frame-off custom build for a guy a few years back, he was offered 35k at the first show we went to, sold the truck for 42k a year later. Another one sold for 40k I did after his.
So they can be cheap, but also can't be. Depends on what you want and what the intent is. Basic 360hp carb crate engine 2wd with decent wheels? You can probably get in one between 5-8k.
Full-on custom with 4 link, bags, LS swap, etc in show quality? 25-50k depending on the build. 100k if Gas Monkey did it.

And ya can't take the doors and roof off.
But for that they do make this awesome thing called a CJ, and a Golden Eagle 304 4 bbl is one that is a work of beauty if you find one.

OP
OP
Vooch

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

70's-80's trucks with more power? The big blocks from that era produced less than 200hp.

Sponsored

Maximus

Wildtrak
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Delorean
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

If you are into a drive north, there is a local dealership here in KC, Louisburg Ford, they are always a dollar over invoice.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A/Z plan is not X plan.
OK they should have picked a different screen grab. However, there is a tweet from Levine saying X-plan was available and he could help the twitter user asking about it to set it up.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

70's-80's trucks with more power? The big blocks from that era produced less than 200hp.
Lol yeah they sucked, in stock form. I bought a used '76 455 Trans Am as a younger man, brand new it had a whopping 200hp.
Kind puts it onto perspective as even the 2.3L has plenty more than the 455 did.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a 78 C10 I just sold.
Engine, heater hoses, radiator hoses, plug wires only. Could sit inside the hood opening and work on it. Loved it for its simplicity and ease to tinker with. Cheap to work on and upgrade (within reason).
Refined and quiet? Not even close. It was like riding in a covered wagon with a Top Fuel engine. It was downright a pain to drive in any traffic or stoplights (4 speed, insanely stiff clutch), pain to drive on interstates due to the gearing and powerband, fun to drive on 2 lane open road.
Dependable and economic? Lol. 8MPG. But mostly dependable. And if not, pretty easy to repair with basic knowledge and tools.
Good part was it was cheap. It was paid for. It performed what I needed it to. My problem was I bought it as an already semi-hopped up hot rod truck and took it to a level that made it super powerful, but less fun to drive in and deal with, if that makes sense.
165Degree temp all day with the aluminum Radiator and electric fan setup. Might have cost me $300 all total to do it. Cheap and fun? Yep! Can you go overkill? Definitely.

Those are the positive points. Plus they are cool and getting harder to find in good shape. I did a frame-off custom build for a guy a few years back, he was offered 35k at the first show we went to, sold the truck for 42k a year later. Another one sold for 40k I did after his.
So they can be cheap, but also can't be. Depends on what you want and what the intent is. Basic 360hp carb crate engine 2wd with decent wheels? You can probably get in one between 5-8k.
Full-on custom with 4 link, bags, LS swap, etc in show quality? 25-50k depending on the build. 100k if Gas Monkey did it.

And ya can't take the doors and roof off.
But for that they do make this awesome thing called a CJ, and a Golden Eagle 304 4 bbl is one that is a work of beauty if you find one.
For my purposes I ride a motorcycle all spring-fall and only need a large vehicle for winter and hauling. So it would be tolerable for what I do.
Obviously not stock.
Sponsored