B2C

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That thinks Ford has been using its Brazilian Troller T4 as a test bed for the Bronco and that they should just make a few sheet metal changes, give it a front fascia makeover to resemble the Bronco6g render and rebrand it a Bronco for the US??

Why has this not happened yet? They acquired the company 10 years ago I thought.

It's got all the right stuff already.

Powerstroke 3.2L turbodiesel
6 speed manual
From the Ford Transit van it makes ~197 hp, 347 torque!!
Heavy duty Dana axles
Sway bar disconnect
High mounted air intake for versatile approach/departure angles
Snorkel!

Heck it's already great looking and even has some original Bronco styling baked into it.

Build it Ford!!

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That thing is uuuuuuuugly! Sorry, I'm not trying to insult, but I despise it.

Sponsored

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would love a troller as is or with just about any of the F150 engine choices... As far as can it take on the wrangler... I'm not convinced by that video, having owned a 2 door rubicon; I'd love to see it tackle some rocks and not just a hill climb with no ruts and some mud piles...

The pentastar is an awesome engine, but Ford's engine lineup is much better... give us something similar in capability and mod friendly (aka solid axles at both ends and a nice transfer case), along with the lineup of ford engines and we'll be good to go. 2,3 ecoboost, 2.7 ecoboost, 3.5 ecoboost 5.0.. all great engines, and all would smoke the pentastar in any way shape or form. Maybe even the F150 diesel option...

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That thinks Ford has been using its Brazilian Troller T4 as a test bed for the Bronco ...
Test bed, definitely. But the T4 is basically just a knock-off Jeep for the Brazilian market. There is plenty of unique history and styling for the Bronco to draw from, and I'd much rather see it rekindled.

Sponsored

1972Bronco5.8

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2007 Ford Escape
I think this could be the "Baby Bronco" we are hearing about. It will have to have a dozen airbags added, a computer system with screen, back-up camera, a hands free phone system, auto-parking-following-stopping-lane change warning-limited slip. So basically a bunch of crap that will boost the price and be useless on the trail. Oh, don't forget to make it 4-door with room for the baby seat.

Regards,

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this could be the "Baby Bronco" we are hearing about. ...
No, the picture in the OP is the Troller T4. Troller being a company owned by Ford that has been making the T4 in Brazil for years. The Troller T4 is built on the same T6 chassis that the Ford Ranger and Everest are being built on, and that the Bronco will be built on.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think this could be the "Baby Bronco" we are hearing about. It will have to have a dozen airbags added, a computer system with screen, back-up camera, a hands free phone system, auto-parking-following-stopping-lane change warning-limited slip. So basically a bunch of crap that will boost the price and be useless on the trail. Oh, don't forget to make it 4-door with room for the baby seat.

Regards,
Yep, 'cause we know that the most off road driving a lot of new Bronco's will do is off the highway right into the mall parking lot. :)