Leaked Image Shows 2020 Ford Bronco Silhouette Behind the Baby Bronco

Craig34

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 cj5 ford f150 kawasaki H2
I am hoping it is the baby Bronco, doesn't look burly enough for me.

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, people really need to read the entire thread before getting all bent out of shape! This is the Baby Bronco, it was announced awhile back that there would be a larger Bronco, a smaller Bronco and then an hybrid option on the smaller one.
I'm really digging the look of the Baby Bronco here and my wife really likes it too. We may replace her 2017 Escape with this when the time comes. I'm going to hold out for the Big boy.
Side note, my SIL is Dealer Principal and she was in Vegas when this presentation was made and told me that the Baby Bronco reminded her of the new Jeep Compass. This reminds me of the Range Rover evoque.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can we stop calling it the 'baby bronco' and call it the Bronco II?
Had one of them. My first new 4x4, so didn't realize how pathetic it was
at the time....... And as ugly as it was, still better looking than than
new baby turd...........

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those lights on the baby Bronco... :puke:

The general shape of it looks good to me, though. Maybe it will grow on me.

capitbull

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 CC SB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people really dont see the big picture. Them offering the Baby Bronco or Bronco III or whatever you want to call it, is a good thing for the big Bronco. Sell the generic mainstream stuff to the masses which allows them to build an actual Bronco that caters to enthusiasts. That's the hope anyway

007-FJC

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Lexus LS, V8 Cressida
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't wait to park the real Bronco next to my FJC in my garage. I really really hope that shadow theory is true and Ford isn't selling out.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some people really dont see the big picture. Them offering the Baby Bronco or Bronco III or whatever you want to call it, is a good thing for the big Bronco. Sell the generic mainstream stuff to the masses which allows them to build an actual Bronco that caters to enthusiasts. That's the hope anyway
That might be true if they shared the same chassis, but I sure hope they don't.
As mentioned above, it's just going to steal sales from the escape, primarily.

And how big is the "big bronco" going to be if the small one is escape size.
I've done extensive rock crawling and mudding in two specific built FSB's
and due to size and weight, it's not that easy.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And how big is the "big bronco" going to be if the small one is escape size. I've done extensive rock crawling and mudding in two specific built FSB's and due to size and weight, it's not that easy.
Marginally larger than the original 60's bronco (68.5" wide, 92" wheelbase for 2-door), ford has said this would be the case, and hopefully a little slimmer than the T6 Ranger it shares a chassis with (72.8"wide, ballooning to almost 86" birthing hips on the Ranger Raptor for what that's worth).

It should be fairly close to the Wrangler and 4Runner in dimensions, unsurprisingly, those are its main competitors.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Marginally larger than the original 60's bronco (68.5" wide, 92" wheelbase for 2-door), ford has said this would be the case, and hopefully a little slimmer than the T6 Ranger it shares a chassis with (72.8"wide, ballooning to almost 86" birthing hips on the Ranger Raptor for what that's worth).

It should be fairly close to the Wrangler and 4Runner in dimensions, unsurprisingly, those are its main competitors.
Good to hear, but I would have preferred a 98-100" WB.
Anyway, that baby bronco must really be "baby" then...........

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im shocked at all the negativity on this. It seems some of you haven't been fallowing what's been going on or aren't even reading what this is or what it means.

This is nothing but great news as far as Im concerned. This is the Baby Bronco. What this means is that they are going to build what they said they are going to build. A no compromise, off road focused Bronco. This is great news that they are making this vehicle to appease the daily driver/family and young market. That means they aren't going to make some neutered Bronco that appeases the masses.
This Baby Bronco looks great to me. I expected from the early pictures and renderings that it would just be some lame crossover Escape looking thing. I wasn't mad at it for the same reasons I'm explaining now but this is much better and it shows the direction they are going with the real Bronco. A throw back true to its roots, boxy and rugged looking suv. To me this "Baby Bronco" looks like it could compete not only with the Jeep Renegade but even the Cherokee. I might be getting a head of myself on the ladder but it certainly looks better then the Renegade and the Cherokee.

This is about as good as it can look for a vehicle like this and this just shows me that they are not compromising on the real Bronco.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This mang knows.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The shadow shows a boxier, more upright vehicle that exactly matches the 2020 Bronco teaser image that Ford released back in March, while the orange vehicle shown in these latest leaked images looks closer to the "Baby Bronco" teaser.

This provides not only a great preview of the Bronco's silhouette but also a comparison overlay of the size and shape differences between the two vehicles.

This conclusively settles it -- this image teases both the 2020 Ford Bronco silhouette and the upcoming Baby Bronco. We expect both to debut early next year, possibly as early as the Detroit Auto Show in January 2019.

Bronco shadow teaser vs Ford teaser from March:

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

So this is definitely the "Baby" Bronco but the silhouette/shadow looks like the EB to me and less like 2020 Bronco. The back tailgate window is more straight down then the covered silhouette and the front end looks tapered with a small gap before the bumper. Plus the rear mounted tire looks quite skinny. Im pretty sure that shadow is the EB. I think the new 2020 Bronco is going to be a bit bigger then that.
Sponsored