T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the beauty rings to be painted black with the badlands trim as well. But I don't understand why we would need to remove then and get them painted when Ford has them available with WT and FE. This should be an option and an easy one for Ford to offer.
[/QUOTE]

I agree and am hoping the Dealer Order Guide will let us choose whatever rims we want from the same category. I don’t know the logistics of it, but ordering a Sasquatch package with alloy beauty rings versus a Sasquatch package with all black wheels shouldn’t slow down the production in any way. If it all made sense, then ordering a late availability modular black top would mean you get black gloss grille, black gloss mirror caps, and fully black gloss rims.

either way, I don’t really care about the mirror caps. Sounds like I’ll be able to switch grille out for gloss black pretty easily one day. And If they won’t give me WT rims, I’m not sacrificing performance (aka sway bar disconnect). I’ll just get the beauty rings painted a very dark gloss grey like the carbonized grey. I can’t see them being able to match the blacks perfectly. Sounds hard to do, but hell idk. Maybe they can.
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Be close. I read a thing a few weeks ago where something like 67% of new cars sold in 2018 were white and gray. Terrible sea of boring on the roads.
AMEN. If I were king I would immediately ban all automotive non-colors (black, white, silver, any of the 5,000 shades of gray). Our roads look like something out of a dystopian sci-fi movie.

Look at this ridiculous "color palette" offered by Volvo on their S90 sedan. These are literally the only "colors" you can choose from:

Ford Bronco Spotted: 4-Door Carbonized Gray Badlands on 33's Untitled

Last edited:

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL Disclaimer, I wrote this without reading everything in this chain. I guess I just basically said the same stuff you all did. Feel free to Skip it ? haha

I was hell bent on Wildtrak but don't really love the Sasquatch wheels, no crawl mode, interior, no swaybar disconnect and the wideassed fenders.

I'm now 99% badlands. Better options for all the above, better LOOKING (still weak) bumper, only really giving up shocks, wheels/tires. All of that is going aftermarket wheels anyway (more options for offset/color/style). AND save a few bucks.

You have options other than what Ford is offering. The aftermarket is going to go nuts on this thing.

BOTH desert and rock crowd will be making parts. Companies like Rock Krawler have already hinted at suspension design for crawling as have the long travel desert guys (bajakits is one IIRC).

Unless you just want a car, don't load up on accessories now. Wait and see all the things the aftermarket will provide.

...Or don't. lol

And what's the deal people have about covering the bronco logo? lol I'm blacking that thing out as soon as I can.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. White wheels and 33's for me.

Noob question: I've never bought tires by total height/diameter as I've never owned a real off-road vehicle. I've only bought tires by width and profile based on the wheel size. How does one determine the official tire size of a 33" tire on a 17" rim?
Off-roaders still buy by width and profile... it’s just that we’re more obsessed with height rather than width (clearance off road vs grip on road) that we short-hand to tire height when talking about them rather than width.

Common off road tires in the 17” wheel::

285/70r17 (33s)
315/70r17 (35s)

I actually like a thinner tire, with some height, so my go-to is a 285/17r17 (34s) but there aren’t as many options in that size.

Sponsored

dapperdanny

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That would look great with the black mod top or even the soft top. The MIC would clash and take away from how good this color looks.
I agree, another reason why im sold on A51. I think the MIC top looks good with it, so Im just gonna go with that and be done with it.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AMEN. If I were king I would immediately ban all automotive non-colors (black, white, silver, any of the 5,000 shades of gray). Our roads look like something out of a dystopian sci-fi movie.

Look at this ridiculous "color palette" offered by Volvo on their S90 sedan. These are literally the only "colors" you can choose from:

Ford Bronco Spotted: 4-Door Carbonized Gray Badlands on 33's topper
Would love to have seen Gotta Have it Green, Calypso Coral, and Sky View Blue as color options but alas here we are.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought about the optional wheels for my Badlands then I run across pictures on Ford with the OG wheels then I'm like..yup..that'll do. Lucky I get four sets of discount Grabbers a year. 33 MTs then maybe a 35 later!

I'm still going white which I know is boring and dull...but I think it will hold up over time. I mean they gave some cool retro colors I'd be down for some teal of some sort!

cq5dam.web.768.768.jpeg

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup. Im 36, and plan to keep it for 10 years. If you asked 46 year old me how I liked my Area 51 Bronco, I'm not quite sure the answer would be a positive one. Carb gray doesn't excite me as nearly as much, but I may highly prefer it to Area 51 for years 5-10 of my ownership.

What's your plan? Scoping out the A51 on the Bronco Sport in person, then making a more informed decision?
I'm ready for recon. When should those be out in the wild?

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a horribly boring and dull color.

Almost guaranteed that Carbonized Gray runs 1-2 with black for the most ordered and owned color!

People LOVE boring color vehicles, proof is to look at cars on American roadways. Boring rules the streets.
So what color are you going with?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like I've only seen speculation about it delaying orders from forums and nothing concrete from ford since they announced it will be available. Nonetheless 33" tires are pretty big (see my profile pic, those are 33's on a 1996 FSB) and will more likely than not be all I need.
Late reservations may be 2022 regardless of Manual Sasquatch or not...From Ford Dealer reference guide:
Ford Bronco Spotted: 4-Door Carbonized Gray Badlands on 33's 703F5EA0-82BE-4B7F-BA0C-DE9FCAAE68DC
Ford Bronco Spotted: 4-Door Carbonized Gray Badlands on 33's 5278228C-89E5-4258-8847-CACD0427BD79
Ford Bronco Spotted: 4-Door Carbonized Gray Badlands on 33's A672B3A9-7352-4F8E-B438-4D30FD85C026