Sponsored

Timeframe for the 2.7? Input from those that have ordered?

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have we been given any indication on how long of a delay to expect from selecting the 2.7 as an engine option?

Have dealers given any indication to those of you that have been through the ordering process?

(I tried the search function and didn't find anything. My appointment to convert is on Monday)
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2.7s are not late availability, so they will be rolling out from day 1.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is correct, but, it has been said they may not have enough 2.7 engines....so some later builds may be delayed. Spoke to a factory guy and they said the engine plant can only make so many, they are apparently at full production.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Building on this, the confusion I am seeing a lot of is this:

Late availability and High Demand are not the same thing.

Late Availability is something like a manual with the Sasquatch package. You cannot order it until later.

High Demand simply means there might be delays in production as they run out of certain options and need to get more in.

Since many buyers are getting the 2.7 engine, it is a high demand item. Therefore the first hundred, 1000, 5000 they produce will get that engine - and IF they run out - all other 2.7 orders will be set aside until that engine comes back - rinse and repeat.

Day 1, #1 at a dealership will be getting everything they ordered - those buyers not in the front run the risk of delays when Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux Package items run-out.

I hope that clarifies a little.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is correct, but, it has been said they may not have enough 2.7 engines....so some later builds may be delayed. Spoke to a factory guy and they said the engine plant can only make so many, they are apparently at full production.
Hopefully Ford prioritizes the Bronco over the F150 since we are paying more for the same engine/tranny combo. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People are just guessing. Ford won't know until all the orders are in and they compare that to inventory. They will figure out how to make as many vehicles as possible with parts available. Some people will get short supply items, some won't. We will know more in May (hopefully).

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Late Availability is something like a manual with the Sasquatch package. You cannot order it until later.

High Demand simply means there might be delays in production as they run out of certain options and need to get more in.

Since many buyers are getting the 2.7 engine, it is a high demand item. Therefore the first hundred, 1000, 5000 they produce will get that engine - and IF they run out - all other 2.7 orders will be set aside until that engine comes back - rinse and repeat.

Day 1, #1 at a dealership will be getting everything they ordered - those buyers not in the front run the risk of delays when Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux Package items run-out.

I can't even begin to count how many threads/posts I've seen of people rearranging their entire orders because others have used these two differing concepts interchangeably.

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully Ford prioritizes the Bronco over the F150 since we are paying more for the same engine/tranny combo. :rolleyes:
Right now the f150 is having delays because of a supplier issue with a CPU chip. So i hope this doesn't affect bronco production.

OP
OP
BandofEskimoBrothers

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Solid breakdown/synopsis. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I am probably going to be in the wave that is waiting. I didn't reserve until the 17th.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right now the f150 is having delays because of a supplier issue with a CPU chip. So i hope this doesn't affect bronco production.
It may, but if the F150 is down in production that frees up some more 2.7L for the Broncos!

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Solid breakdown/synopsis. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I am probably going to be in the wave that is waiting. I didn't reserve until the 17th.
Keep in mind it is impossible to know until March due to real orders arriving.

Lots of people, myself included, have said what we have wanted buy have not made it official yet so Ford really doesn't know what materials are truly in demand and how many Broncos truly need to be built.

No reason for pessimism. What will be, will be.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have we been given any indication on how long of a delay to expect from selecting the 2.7 as an engine option?

Have dealers given any indication to those of you that have been through the ordering process?

(I tried the search function and didn't find anything. My appointment to convert is on Monday)
NOT SURE, but my build doesn't have an engine, so I'm all set!

Seriously though, me, you and Ford have known for eons that the 2.7L will be higher demand than the 2.3L. If these guys cannot source engines that they build then "HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!". i don't believe engines will be that big of a problem, although I could be wrong. I'd be more worried about Sasquatch & 2Dr.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you're ordering a FE, 2.7L will not be late availability since FORD appears to be prioritizing delivery of those in MY21

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't even begin to count how many threads/posts I've seen of people rearranging their entire orders because others have used these two differing concepts interchangeably.
Add "allocation " to your list of completely misunderstood words also. ?
Sponsored