Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the deal with the MIC?

to look better than Jeep by offering a hard top standard?

but really it’s a cheap top, and then they make the black and option and hold out on the white?

I don’t get teasing options. How is it not just fucking with your customers.

Why the hell is the shadow black an $1895 option? If a hard top is standard, graphite (MIC), shadow black or white should just be no cost options.
They're not the same tops....the gray top has an injected molded outer. Since the color is consistent thru it'll hold up better to scratches. The painted tops are have an outer made of SMC which is more similar to fiberglass. It's a heavier, more rigid material.
Sponsored

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 dodge ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My question is I see alot of 2 doors with soft tops. Yet I was under the impression you couldn't order soft tops for the 2door right now. So are they sending two doors with soft tops standard or hard tops standard.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The variance in canon plugs for base and signature head/tail lights was to be expected (if you followed any of my posts on that subject regarding the cost and effort required to try and make the Lariat LED tail lights work on XLT Rangers)

Converting from incandescent to LED is designed to be a net-negative financial decision. If they are selling points for you, either prepare for a long process requiring technical knowledge, aptitude and patience, or buy a trim level Bronco with the lights you want.
Those look like the same connectors. Granted I'm using a small screen but they're both 16 pin females and then 6 pin males.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Call me ignorant, but the signature taillights don't look like it'd be that big a difference to just swap out. Maybe just splicing the plug onto the new assembly?
You will want to search on this topic here on Bronco6G or in the Ranger5G forums. The answer is readily available and will most likely surprise you and your pocketbook greatly.

It was done by a Ford employee and even with all parts at cost, it would have been cheaper for him to buy the Lariat trim level entirely than to upgrade the head/tail lights after purchase.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love all the pics and will deep dive those for a while. I don’t like the black painted top, personally think it would look better as a satin low gloss finish.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 📷 Factory Broncos: Modular Black Top + Headlight Assembly, Tail Light Assembly, Puddle Lights ronco-badlands-iconic-silver-4-door-soft-top-1-

Well that’s just swell. What a beautiful machine. I can’t wait though to see more black painted tops on these. It’s going to be like a Bronco with makeup all done up. Buss it girl. #bussitchallange

Last edited:

Magoo

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome pics as usual, much appreciated.

Phone charge pad thing looks different than the original concept, lays flat in the actual where it laid at kind of an angle in the prototype?

Like so -

ford-bronco-concept-40-cockpit-shot--dashboard--front-row--interior.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My question is I see alot of 2 doors with soft tops. Yet I was under the impression you couldn't order soft tops for the 2door right now. So are they sending two doors with soft tops standard or hard tops standard.
Hard tops are standard...soft tops are going thru testing phases!

ccameron511

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FINALLY a 4 door cactus with the soft top, my exact build. Confirms that I made the right choice; had been wondering if the extra $$ to upgrade to Badlands for aesthetics would be worth it.

I have seen Cactus Gray on sports in the dealership lots, can confirm it has more of a green hint to it. The factory lights wash out the color and brighten the overall shade more than daylight would.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't judge when they're parked in the factory. Those lights seem to wash out the color depending on where they're parked. Rarely will they see light like that once they're released into the wild.
I agree. I’m pretty disappointed in what Cactus gray has turned into. Like where is the 🌵? I’m saving my final judgment of it until we see it in the real world though.

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Brandong1981

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy cruze, Saturn astra, Chevy c10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Still looking for that rapid red black diamond 2 door....
The waiting is the hardest part. 😫
Sponsored