Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, today still didn’t help. We went and looked at CG, A51 and White. We both agree the color matched tops change our perception of the colors and look better with the black (we both thought all colors looked better with a black top). That should help with the MIC top offsetting some of the CG, which too much isn’t a good thing IMO. For the first time today, I saw the green hue on CG as well. I am still sticking with it so far, because it’s interesting, but wish I was more 🥰 over it.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 684118C1-B9D0-4DEE-ACF7-CBF6AF40E9AE

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 103E345F-2BA8-4B7C-8BE4-0E6715E4CB71

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 00F5BBCB-56BF-4CA2-A26C-BE9A7212B8CD

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 25D443B5-5AEF-4382-B129-6EA66FCE86EC

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 45A28788-D0AF-4B8D-BF3A-ECF4D32E8F45

I love this Gray!!!!
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok, today still didn’t help. We went and looked at CG, A51 and White. We both agree the color matched tops change our perception of the colors and look better with the black (we both thought all colors looked better with a black top). That should help with the MIC top offsetting some of the CG, which too much isn’t a good thing IMO. For the first time today, I saw the green hue on CG as well. I am still sticking with it so far, because it’s interesting, but wish I was more 🥰 over it.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 45A28788-D0AF-4B8D-BF3A-ECF4D32E8F45

I love this Gray!!!!
Ditto, first time I saw Cactus Grey on a Sport I really liked it, black top and overcast day. Second time on another Sport, no black top and sunny day. Just wasn't feeling the love without the black top. We ordered our CG with Black mod hardtop, I feel it will break up the color nicely.
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 1612225194982

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Noog1315 I believe you'll be able to change your color up until your build date. Should be plenty sports and rangers running around in those 2 colors when you get back. In person, I was underwhelmed by A51 and gravitated more towards CG.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Drove next to a CG Ranger for a while today. It was very overcast and you could definitely see the green in it. I have to say, it’s a cool color in person. Looked like milky minty cement (if that makes sense 😂).

This pic from this thread seems closest to what I saw.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 1613360602934

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Noog1315

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Noog1315 I believe you'll be able to change your color up until your build date. Should be plenty sports and rangers running around in those 2 colors when you get back. In person, I was underwhelmed by A51 and gravitated more towards CG.
Hell yea, that’s good to know! Honestly with my reservation date, I’ll probably get pushed back to MY22 anyway. Appreciate the feedback though! I’m excited to get back to the states and see the sports and the colors on the rangers!

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From all of the trips I have taken to various dealers to look at Cactus Gray in person, I only now realized the 360 Colorizer is pretty accurate (given the correct lighting) for this color. I think my trips to the dealer are over!

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 4.01.22 PM

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just caught this review of the ford ranger tremor in CG.

looks somewhat green depending on the light:

bem

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 dodge Durango r/t 19 jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This past Saturday ordered a wild track cactus gray-black mod top liked the color so much better than original B&P the color will look great changes in different lighting. Was first going with area 51 too blue then iconic sliver then carbonized gray I've had these colors before especially the gray I was all over the place. Cactus gray is a color that looks great when its balanced with another color. i don't like it on the ranger its seems to overwhelm the vehicle in my opinion. By the way dealer told me if I'm lucky December deliver but probably jan-feb 2022 my reservation was in july 2020

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was dead set on Area 51 for my WT build but finally got to see CG on a Ranger at a local dealership and fell in love with it...
I think it’s a dynamic color which will give you cool contrasts depending on lighting conditions..
Sorry the photos suck..

41FDDE76-4C09-46C7-8D20-76C342E3F4DB.jpeg

22A6A076-6A98-4F1D-8DAF-35FE5ECB0BEE.jpeg

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was dead set on Area 51 for my WT build but finally got to see CG on a Ranger at a local dealership and fell in love with it...
I think it’s a dynamic color which will give you cool contrasts depending on lighting conditions..
Sorry the photos suck..

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 22A6A076-6A98-4F1D-8DAF-35FE5ECB0BEE

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 22A6A076-6A98-4F1D-8DAF-35FE5ECB0BEE
Those photos look pretty color correct, especially considering the likely fluorescent lighting in the dealership. The black trim offsets well with the CG IMO. I think the Bronco may really look great with the MIC top and other trim, I still have not seen CG in person on the "full size" Bronco. RR, CO, Silver and White so far. May need to take a trip to MAP later this week and see if anything is out and about.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry the photos suck..

I agree with @Mattwings that those colors are just about dead on for the lighting. I have seen it look like this outside, but you have to catch the light at the right angle. I have also seen it look almost tan at times.

I hope Ford puts out some more pictures of Cactus Gray with the final MIC top. I am really interested to see how the colors look together because I am not a huge fan of how it looks with the early, lighter versions of the MIC top.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. F6E8F002-8533-4490-9E02-43E882ACEA8A

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Stopped by a dealer for the millionth time today to take another look at Cactus Gray. This is my first time seeing it on a Ranger in person. Looks great and definitely more green this time in full sun than last time I saw it on a Bronco Sport. I am now one step closer to calling my dealer to make the switch!

The "Black" F-150's on parked to the left are actually Antimatter Blue. It is dark! And sorry the last picture is through the windshield. Didn't think that one through...

EDIT: The bumpers on the Ranger are dark gray (I think Magnetic, but it might be Carbonized) so that gives a decent look at what Cactus Gray might look like with the newer darker MIC tops.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. F6E8F002-8533-4490-9E02-43E882ACEA8A
According to Ford's website for the 2021 Ranger, the bumper and fender trim is still Magnetic. This is slightly surprising as Magnetic was replaced with Carbonized Gray in Ford's fleetwide color pallet, leading me to believe that painting these components is done with the part maker instead of at the factory.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 1613598955196

My personal feelings on Cactus Gray as it appears on the Ranger is that it's not a very complimentary color. More of a "mushroom" color than anything else and the Magnetic trim detracts from what color is actually in that paint which doesn't bode well for Bronco and the MIC top. I do freely admit to bias against the "melted crayon" styles of paint. They lack depth and visual appeal in exchange for a drab, flat, featureless blob of color with cheesy overly-glossy clear coat that does absolutely nothing to increase the visual interest of the color.
Sponsored