Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Everybody,
I was in the area of Dearborn yesterday, so I took some (quick and fuzzy) pictures of the Ford Motor Company campus and surroundings. For those who haven't been to Detroit, the Ford campus is in Dearborn, MI - just outside of Detroit. There are a lot of cool things to do that are automotive related. The Ford Rouge Factor Tour is one of my favorites (sorry, no pics of this). You get to see the actual assembly line in action and it has some cool displays that don't take too long to witness. Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford museum are also pretty cool. The village is an outdoor museum, filled with historic buildings and the opportunity to ride in a Model-T. There are special events around the holidays as well, including 4th of July, Christmas, and Halloween. Anyhow, enough of my tourism board pitch... Here are some quick photos - Ford World Headquarters, Automotive Hall of Fame, Greenfield Village entrance, Ford Garage (a Ford-themed restaurant just around the corner from Greenfield Village), and (the last photo from quite a distance) is the incline test at the Ford Development Center. Sorry they aren't great, but I thought that others not from the Michigan area might appreciate seeing a glimpse of where it all happens. On my next visit and when I have more time, I will take my drone and get some better shots. I actually worked as an intern for Ford many years ago in what was then the Engine and Electrical Engineering (EEE) Building...

IMG_7095.jpg

IMG_7103.JPG

IMG_7083.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7074.jpg

IMG_7087.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7104.JPG
Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice pics! Have you ever been to the Ford Piquette plant in Detroit? I had no idea this gem existed. Then I saw a FB post about a free admission day a few years ago and decided to take a look.

It’s amazing. Lots of Model Ts and other classic cars on display and informative tour guides to provide color commentary. And there happened to be a classic car show in the courtyard the day I went, with some owners dressed in period costumes (a nice touch). And a highlight was getting to ride in a Model T (around the block).

I look forward to going again once they are back to normal operation.

https://www.fordpiquetteplant.org/

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice pics! Have you ever been to the Ford Piquette plant in Detroit? I had no idea this gem existed. Then I saw a FB post about a free admission day a few years ago and decided to take a look.

It’s amazing. Lots of Model Ts and other classic cars on display and informative tour guides to provide color commentary. And there happened to be a classic car show in the courtyard the day I went, with some owners dressed in period costumes (a nice touch). And a highlight was getting to ride in a Model T (around the block).

I look forward to going again once they are back to normal operation.

https://www.fordpiquetteplant.org/
I have not, but I will certainly be paying it a visit now! Thanks for the suggestion.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The pictures are fine TH. Thanks for posting.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those electric motors with giant flywheels are a work of art at the museum
Was there in the 90's and still wonder how they made that stuff back in time

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just keep in mind our campus is going under renovation, demolition, construction particularly the older product development buildings across from the Village. (See link below)
If you get a chance, head downtown and look at the work we've done to the old train station. We purchased it awhile back and will be our new autonomous, electrification campus.

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just keep in mind our campus is going under renovation, demolition, construction particularly the older product development buildings across from the Village. (See link below)
If you get a chance, head downtown and look at the work we've done to the old train station. We purchased it awhile back and will be our new autonomous, electrification campus.

That will be an incredible transformation, Burndog, if it becomes a reality. It will be interesting to see how all of the corporate real estate plans will continue to evolve in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. I know Ford is going through quite a bit of consolidation...

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, and, no - I didn't see a single Bronco driving around anywhere...! I had my eyes peeled, too.
Sponsored