First Name
tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately they did not. I would of been flying that flag!
well dang. Thats ok I cant wait to finally see one one in person tomorrow.

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I want to apologize for any confusion on the original poster of this forum, I mentioned to the admin that I was wanting the original post to be linked to this one, and they list me as the OP of this forum. I wasn't the OP of the starting Photos. Please give credit where credit is due. The pictures from today are mine previous to that are not. Hope those who are traveling to the State are safe and have a good time while your here. I had a blast tonight, even though I'm back to the drawing board on what I want my build to be. Good Luck to the Bronco builds every where!

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@lrtexasman What was your impression of the 33s on the 2 door? I’m trying to convince myself to forgo Squatch on my 2 door BD, and just adding some 33s down the road.

However I’m having some issues with perspective through pics though. Sometimes the 33s look good, other times too small.
I'll weigh in on this with my 2 cents after attending the show today in hopes it would help me decide whether or not to squatch my 4 door BL.

Having owned two classic Broncos I was immediately struck by the wide stance of the sasquatch package. More Raptorish than I was expecting. Not bad, just different.

From the front and back I preferred the tucked away look of the 33s. From the side the 35s looked better. I thought the 2D looked good on 33s as far as proportions and stance but I'm tempted to go bigger on my 4D.

So did I decide to upgrade to the SAS pkg? I still can't say. In my case I like the upgraded BL wheels so $1,500 seems like a lot to pay for a better factory look from the side while sacrificing my wheel preference. The additional clearance would be welcomed but I think going with some 285/75r17s the next time around would get me pretty close while keeping the rims and flares I like.

I spend more time on the highway than the trail so the 4.7 gears wouldn't necessarily be missed. The BL's 4.46 gears would need to work a little harder but it's better suited than a stock Rubicon turning 4.10s.

Disclaimer: This could all change tomorrow after I give the sasquatch beadlocks another chance.

These pics have a bit of a fish eye effect compared to the naked eye. The hoods weren't nearly as wide as they look here.

Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos 20210305_144628
Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos 20210305_140519
Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos 20210305_140634
Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos 20210305_134544

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to apologize for any confusion on the original poster of this forum, I mentioned to the admin that I was wanting the original post to be linked to this one, and they list me as the OP of this forum. I wasn't the OP of the starting Photos. Please give credit where credit is due. The pictures from today are mine previous to that are not. Hope those who are traveling to the State are safe and have a good time while your here. I had a blast tonight, even though I'm back to the drawing board on what I want my build to be. Good Luck to the Bronco builds every where!
Your profile indicates that you are in the BB camp. What impressions (seen/heard) are causing you to revisit the drawing board? What do you want your build to be now?

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your profile indicates that you are in the BB camp. What impressions (seen/heard) are causing you to revisit the drawing board? What do you want your build to be now?
So I learned so many things speaking to one of the Ford Reps. One being what was causing the delay of the Modular Black Hard tops. I was dead set on having that on my Build. I am considering changing to the MIC top, but I dont like the MIC top on the Black Bronco. Seeing the Overland setup in person, I really like the Color Combo. Changing that will take me out of the dreaded 99 order code and go in to the assembly line once the machine starts cranking broncos out. I was also a NON Squatch build, and was going out on my own. Talking to other people in person that are enthusiast potential customers really have me rethinking the aftermarket. Sasquatch for anyone that wants to get a lift should do it. Because of the problems that can arise from a brand new 4x4 and a aftermarket kit. Since we dont know anything about anything at this point its playing the safe bet on a factory manufactured release of a brand new product.
The last thing is I was going with the 2 door. For what I'm going to be using my bronco for, I was getting opinions thrown at me, telling me I should get the 4 Door. But thats another story. lol.

Gotta do some soul searching today.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I learned so many things speaking to one of the Ford Reps. One being what was causing the delay of the Modular Black Hard tops. I was dead set on having that on my Build. I am considering changing to the MIC top, but I dont like the MIC top on the Black Bronco. Seeing the Overland setup in person, I really like the Color Combo. Changing that will take me out of the dreaded 99 order code and go in to the assembly line once the machine starts cranking broncos out. I was also a NON Squatch build, and was going out on my own. Talking to other people in person that are enthusiast potential customers really have me rethinking the aftermarket. Sasquatch for anyone that wants to get a lift should do it. Because of the problems that can arise from a brand new 4x4 and a aftermarket kit. Since we dont know anything about anything at this point its playing the safe bet on a factory manufactured release of a brand new product.
The last thing is I was going with the 2 door. For what I'm going to be using my bronco for, I was getting opinions thrown at me, telling me I should get the 4 Door. But thats another story. lol.

Gotta do some soul searching today.
Thanks for your insight. The squach is a deal especially for anyone looking to lift later. With regards to the MOD top delays, is it something you can share? The one thing that I'm dead set on is the 2-dr. If the 6G Bronco only came as a 4-dr model, I wouldn't be here.

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford Bronco,2017 GMC 2010 chevy short box truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wonder they will have an indoor riding course like Chicago does. Jeep, Dodge, LR, Kia had them last year. Hope to see the bronco in chicago in the spring! Can't wait to see y'alls pictures!!
Do you have a link for the Chicago show? Would like to follow that. If they had a bronco I would make the 5 hour trip just to see it.

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford Bronco,2017 GMC 2010 chevy short box truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
WTF Ford! Oklahoma gets to see one before Texas. I'm beginning to think Ford is under the impression that if they bring one to Texas, it isn't going to leave.

All seriousness, anyone going please take pictures and grill the reps there when they plan on bring one just little further south ;) .
Or further north?
Sponsored