First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
***SEE BOTTOM OF POST REGARDING THE STORAGE COMPARTMENT PICTURE.

I arrived at Bill Brown Ford in Livonia, Michigan. There were approximately 40 people in attendance. I only saw one couple that appeared to be under the age of 40. The average age in attendance appeared to be 55-62 years old with the mix leaning more towards male. Many were couples. Most people that I talked to had already ordered. The most common answer to model was the BadLands 2.7L 4 door, MIC. A few were waiting for 2022 and the painted top. Finally my demographics are: 5' 9", 220 lbs, 57y

The Outer Banks was very pretty, and is obviously the grocery getter in the line up. The vehicle was equipped with Correction "Leather", soft top, and the 2.7L automatic. The 4 door is big, probably approaching Explorer territory.

Ingress and egress from the drivers seat was easy, with the exception of trying to straddle the running boards. The drivers seat was very comfortable. The blue in the seat leaned towards a blue/gray color. Looking out over the dash was a little surprising as the dash is rather tall. The vehicle was not on, so I was unable to experience any of the electronics.

Noticeable under the hood was the height of the fenders. The dirt on the inner fender caught my eye. It appears that the Bronco was engineered from the start to house some larger V8’s. The height of the fender over the top of the engine appeared to be between 4” to 5”.

Entering the rear passenger side presented no problems other than straddling the running boards. The rear seats are what they are. The seat cushion extended mid thigh and would not be comfortable for a 1000 mile trip. The seat backs were mildly slabbish. Again, they are what they are. The lady sitting in the rear of the vehicle was approximately 5' 4". Exiting the rear seat was a surprise. I sat in the back seat of a 2021 Rubicon last week, and had to twist my size 10 shoes 90 degrees to adequately get them out the door. This was not at all the case in the Bronco. My feet were able to move over the threshold with ease.

The hinging soft top at the rear is held up with a small folding metal support. I would think that installing a support strut would be standard on a vehicle in the $50K range. The support rod is visible in the pictures. It was a little flimsy. The rear half door opened nicely. The fact that it goes way way past the 90 degree angle is amazing.

The last picture shows the small storage area under the floor. Concerning was that the carpet on top of the lid was wet. Not “just disinfected wet”, but wet wet. Lifting the lid up, the underside was also wet. This could be because of several factors. It is possible when it was washed, the top was not secured properly, however this would not necessarily explain why the underside of the lid was wet. There is the distinct possibility that there is a leak in the rear or that the top does not adequately keep the elements out.

Is the Bronco cool? Absolutely. Does it have WOW factor? Sort of. I just can't stop picturing a 20 something plastering the rear window with "Built, Not Bought".

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia IMG_0318.JPG

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia IMG_0321.JPG

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia IMG_0322.JPG

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia IMG_0319.JPG

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia IMG_0325.JPG

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia IMG_0326.JPG

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia IMG_0331.JPG

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia IMG_0335.JPG

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0341[1].JPG

IMG_0332.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

brybar4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. That was the navy pier leather. Only Black Diamond and Badlands have MGV.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for posting the information and photos! I could be mistaken but I don't think the OBX is available with MGV. The photos look like navy pier leather trimmed seats.

ttaylor667

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting. The driver’s seat look like it’s start to mush or break down. May just be the angle though.

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

***SEE BOTTOM OF POST REGARDING THE STORAGE COMPARTMENT PICTURE.

I arrived at Bill Brown Ford in Livonia, Michigan. There were approximately 40 people in attendance. I only saw one couple that appeared to be under the age of 40. The average age in attendance appeared to be 55-62 years old with the mix leaning more towards male. Many were couples. Most people that I talked to had already ordered. The most common answer to model was the BadLands 2.7L 4 door, MIC. A few were waiting for 2022 and the painted top. Finally my demographics are: 5' 9", 220 lbs, 57y

The Outer Banks was very pretty, and is obviously the grocery getter in the line up. The vehicle was equipped with Correction "Leather", soft top, and the 2.7L automatic. The 4 door is big, probably approaching Explorer territory.

Ingress and egress from the drivers seat was easy, with the exception of trying to straddle the running boards. The drivers seat was very comfortable. The blue in the seat leaned towards a blue/gray color. Looking out over the dash was a little surprising as the dash is rather tall. The vehicle was not on, so I was unable to experience any of the electronics.

Noticeable under the hood was the height of the fenders. The dirt on the inner fender caught my eye. It appears that the Bronco was engineered from the start to house some larger V8’s. The height of the fender over the top of the engine appeared to be between 4” to 5”.

Entering the rear passenger side presented no problems other than straddling the running boards. The rear seats are what they are. The seat cushion extended mid thigh and would not be comfortable for a 1000 mile trip. The seat backs were mildly slabbish. Again, they are what they are. The lady sitting in the rear of the vehicle was approximately 5' 4". Exiting the rear seat was a surprise. I sat in the back seat of a 2021 Rubicon last week, and had to twist my size 10 shoes 90 degrees to adequately get them out the door. This was not at all the case in the Bronco. My feet were able to move over the threshold with ease.

The hinging soft top at the rear is held up with a small folding metal support. I would think that installing a support strut would be standard on a vehicle in the $50K range. The support rod is visible in the pictures. It was a little flimsy. The rear half door opened nicely. The fact that it goes way way past the 90 degree angle is amazing.

The last picture shows the small storage area under the floor. Concerning was that the carpet on top of the lid was wet. Not “just disinfected wet”, but wet wet. Lifting the lid up, the underside was also wet. This could be because of several factors. It is possible when it was washed, the top was not secured properly, however this would not necessarily explain why the underside of the lid was wet. There is the distinct possibility that there is a leak in the rear or that the top does not adequately keep the elements out.

Is the Bronco cool? Absolutely. Does it have WOW factor? Sort of. I just can't stop picturing a 20 something plastering the rear window with "Built, Not Bought".

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia IMG_0332.JPG

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia IMG_0332.JPG

I was there today too! Drove 4 hours each way!!! It’s stunning beautiful in person and totally worth the trip! I turned into a kid at Christmas and didn’t take any pictures. In my head I was trying to find a way to take it home with me. Definitely seeing it in person was amazing! Pics have been great but to see it and touch it was THE BEST START TO MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

91AADA76-D892-4083-ADBB-2309127463CA.jpeg

Attachments

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for posting. The driver’s seat look like it’s start to mush or break down. May just be the angle though.
I noticed that Todd, but then figured it has probably had 10 years worth of folks sliding in, and out over the bolster. With a vertically challenged wife side steps are a must on all of my trucks, and my now Wrangler. I use my side step to help me pick my big ol' rear end over the bolster before I exit. That keeps from mushing it down over, and over again. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was there today too! Drove 4 hours each way!!! It’s stunning beautiful in person and totally worth the trip! I turned into a kid at Christmas and didn’t take any pictures. In my head I was trying to find a way to take it home with me. Definitely seeing it in person was amazing! Pics have been great but to see it and touch it was THE BEST START TO MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

91AADA76-D892-4083-ADBB-2309127463CA.jpeg
Happy Birthday Amy. That was a nice present to yourself. :)

ttaylor667

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed that Todd, but then figured it has probably had 10 years worth of folks sliding in, and out over the bolster.
I had the same thought. However, I wouldn’t think it would start to collapse that fast regardless of the butts sliding over it given that the foam is still fresh.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rapid Red / Navy Pier Outer Banks @Bill Brown Ford Livonia 91AADA76-D892-4083-ADBB-2309127463CA
Amy, were you able to adjust the seat? It looks like you are sitting rather low. Are you planning on Sasquatch? Also, did you need the steps for the ingress/egress? Happy Birthday - 🎂!

Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Amy, were you able to adjust the seat? It looks like you are sitting rather low. Are you planning on Sasquatch? Also, did you need the steps for the ingress/egress? Happy Birthday - 🎂!
Ohhh definitely some seat adjustments to be made and side steps would be great but I can’t get them on the bandlands. I did get in and out trying not to use them and it’s not terrible. But one thing is a GUARANTEE—-I’m running something over in the first week of ownership!!! This thing is a monster compared to my Escape. BUT I LOVE ❤ IT!!! 😎. Thank you for the birthday wishes!!!

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Happy Birthday as well. With that red plaid, have you secretly been with BN this whole time? :)
No but I certainly would LOVE A JOB WITH THEM....😉

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This pretty much sums it up:

The average age in attendance appeared to be 55-62 years old with the mix leaning more towards male >> WHITE TOP

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was also at Bill Brown today. We were the last group and saw the Bronco off to it‘s next show on Monday. Attached is a very short video.
I can’t get the video to load. 🧐
Sponsored