Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got to see this production FE at Hines Park Ford in New Hudson, MI on Monday 3/29/2021. This Bronco is an actual production vehicle that someone will be able to buy, they had just received it that morning for the event.

This is the second Bronco I've had the chance to sit in, the first was the pre-production rapid red Outer Banks 4 door at Spirit Ford in Dundee, MI on 3/18/2021. I was by myself and I only have one blurry pic, someone else posted really good pics of it and as soon as I find where they are I'll put the link here.

The review: If you're under 6 feet tall and wear skinny jeans this review won't be very helpful, but please enjoy the pictures and feel free to ask questions. I am 6’4", about 350ish pounds, and wear 52 pants(wide load alert, lol).

Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_132045_Film1

Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_125709_Film1

- It's hard to read because of the glare from the sun but its a stamped plate with "1 OF 7000" on it.
Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_130044_Film1 (1)

- Shoulder room at the B pillar is tight but not bad on the FE. This is where I noticed a difference from the pre-production Outer Banks, my shoulder was firmly against the B pillar to the point of discomfort. It felt like the production FE had 1/4" to 1/2" more width at my shoulder. I'm hoping this is a non-issue in my 2 door.
Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_125656_Film1

- I shoehorned myself into the backseat with the drivers seat still in the all-the-way-back position I had it in. While technically I "fit" it would be cruel to put anyone of size back there for more than 5 or 10 mins. The FEs backseat did feel a little more comfortable than the Outer Banks.
Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_125756_Film1

- Getting in or out of the back is not a graceful experience.
Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_125810_Film1

- @618TRVLWILD , plenty of room for Stig stickers!
Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_130311_Film1

- My wife's a bit camera shy but at 5'6" and in sneakers she had no problem getting in, just one grab handle and a cute little hop. So no immediate need for tube steps when we pick up our BaseSquatch from Granger.
Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_125851_Film1

- The corner of the HVAC controls is my biggest concern, my shin/knee was hitting it with the seat adjusted to a "reasonable driving position" (not all the way down). It felt like any off-roading would result in pain. I had the same problem in the Outer Banks, both had the power seats so maybe the manual ones adjust differently. After experiencing the power seats in both Broncos, a 2021 Escape hybrid, and a Bronco Sport, I would not bother optioning them due to poor adjustment characteristics.
Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_125721_Film1

- It does look fantastic.
Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_132156_Film1

Here's the VIN if anyone can decode it.
Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_133236_Film1

- The rims and tires look chunky in pics, in person they look chonky (I couldn't think of a good word so I made one up). The tires did not have the snowflake rated symbol on them.
Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_125831_Film1 (1)

- Here's some more pics.
Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_125844_Film1

Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_125822_Film1

Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_132203_Film1

Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_130143_Film1

Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_133236_Film1

Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_133233_Film1

Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_125810_Film1

Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door 20210329_125928_Film1

Edit: Not a production Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the review. Great to hear everyone's perspective and unique take. Not sure this a production vehicle that will be sold though. All FEs were sold through reservation so I cant imagine someone's FE is being paraded around at dealer events.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the honest review and documenting the fit/feel for those that are Big/Tall. You referenced the climate controls with the seat adjusted for a "reasonable driving position" (not all the way down). How high did you have to raise the seat to achieve what I presume was for visibility over the hood? You indicated that you were 6'4" and most would think that the seat wouldn't need to be raised for someone as tall as yourself. The pictures of you in the driver's seat at the beginning of the post was that with the seat adjusted or with the seat at the lowest setting? Also, will a booster seat be needed for driver's who are vertically challenged?

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for the honest review and documenting the fit/feel for those that are Big/Tall. You referenced the climate controls with the seat adjusted for a "reasonable driving position" (not all the way down). How high did you have to raise the seat to achieve what I presume was for visibility over the hood? You indicated that you were 6'4" and most would think that the seat wouldn't need to be raised for someone as tall as yourself. The pictures of you in the driver's seat at the beginning of the post was that with the seat adjusted or with the seat at the lowest setting? Also, will a booster seat be needed for driver's who are vertically challenged?
I’m 6’5” and feel the need to raise the seat sometimes in certain vehicles. I wonder if my upper body is disproportionate to my lower half. :unsure:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice write up... great pics- cactus looks amazing here...

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the review. Great to hear everyone's perspective and unique take. Not sure this a production vehicle that will be sold though. All FEs were sold through reservation so I cant imagine someone's FE is being paraded around at dealer events.
My understanding is not all FE reservations were converted to orders.

Last edited:

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I rented a Chevy Cruz for a trip and my leg would rest against the fan speed knob changing it from time to time. I hope this isn't an issue for me in the Bronco...

Thanks for the write up and pics!

Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold πŸ˜₯), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So do you think you'd feel cramped on a long roadtrip? I'm 6'3 235 and used to driving F150s with about 10 inches more hip room.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What’s that inseam length tho?

(I only ask because I’m the same height, but have a long torso)

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome post man! I am about 6'6 350 and had some concerns with legroom. Appreciate the post!

OP
OP
Halfsmoke00

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice pics! Pretty sure this is the same one that was posted up on may18th. At another Dealership. Seems to be the same vin.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tus-gray-with-doors-removed.13979/post-509938
There goes all my hopes and dreams of making it to the historical timeline, lol.

Thank you for the review and pics but they would be better without the filter. Hard to really tell what anything looks like with it being tinted cool.
There aren't any filters that we're aware of, her phone is a 5 year old LG K20. We just hit the camera button and hope for the best, still a thousand times better than my phone. Any tips, tricks, or recommendations that you have would be appreciated, we're planning on going to the St. Louis event next week.

I’m 6’5” and feel the need to raise the seat sometimes in certain vehicles. I wonder if my upper body is disproportionate to my lower half. :unsure:
For me it's more for joint comfort, especially on long trips.

Nice write up... great pics- cactus looks amazing here...
It really does pop in the sun.

So do you think you'd feel cramped on a long roadtrip? I'm 6'3 235 and used to driving F150s with about 10 inches more hip room.
With the limited adjustments of the power seats I would be cramped on longer trips. I'm hoping the manual seats adjust better or will at least be easy to modify.

I just want to hear from someone who has sat in a ranger and a bronco compare the two. I have the ranger, and if the bronco is the same size, there are going to be some very disappointed larger folks.
Go sit in a 2021 Escape hybrid with power seats, they felt almost exactly the same to me.

What’s that inseam length tho?

(I only ask because I’m the same height, but have a long torso)
Usually 32", but the jeans I have on in the pics are 30" because thats all they had in the store.

I'm 5'11 and 275ish because covid killed my regular gym visits. If it's like my Ranger, the arm rests are in odd spots, so it's fairly uncomfortable for me to drive any long distances. I'm not cramped but to get comfortable I sit at a little bit of an angle and there is no way a full size adult could sit behind me for a long ride.

People ask "why did you buy it?" It was a bit impulse, and a bit excitement over critical thinking. My first new car and I wanted it so bad I didn't spend 2 or 3 days with a loaner. I should have.

I just keep hoping they've improved the arm rest situation in the bronco, and it's even a few inches wider in the driver's seat.

If anyone gets a chance to sit in one again, please compare. Hop over and try a ranger, that way the rest of us can sit in a ranger (even if you don't own one) and test the 2.3 liter engine and the space.
When I get to the St. Louis event I'll try to take note of arm rest position, but nothing sticks out in my mind from either one I've sat in that was odd.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

At 5'5" and 200 lbs I cant even imagine what is like to run into the b-pillar when sitting in a vehicle.

Sometimes I wish I was taller, then I see things like this and I'm ok with it.
Sponsored