Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First time poster, long time reader. First of all, just wanted to thank the forum folks and the posters. I especially appreciate the first impressions and experiences since we are being asked to basically build and purchase a 50kish car sight unseen. I am not a technical car guy but my first car was a bronco. Too bad I wrecked it. Anyhow, I wanted to give back a little to the forum and give my impressions.

For context my build: Shadow Black, 4 dr Badlands, Non-squatch, 2.3L, High Package, MIC top, MGV seats.

Also, my actual build: 6’5” and not the lean kind. A little top heavy. My biggest concern was “do I fit” and is it a comfortable fit.

I went to see the two broncos in STL at Ballpark Village. I took a few pictures but don’t know that you’d get anymore from those than what is already posted here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/st-louis-auto-show-broncos-sneak-peek.14913/

I did not go see the CO 2 Door BL at the auto show. I like the look of the CO on the BL but my family vetoed that color so we are going with the safe shadow black.

Here are my thoughts:

Overall impression of size:

These are large. I had a hat on and the top of the soft top was at the brim of my hat. It just looks and feels much bigger than any jeep I have seen. I also don’t fit in a jeep comfortably enough to own one.

Tires: I had to ask if they were sasquatch which the Bronco guy said no. I was impressed and looking back at the pictures in other posts of non-squatch, they don’t convey the size of the tires in person. I was a little worried about not getting squatch on the 4 door based on others comments but after seeing it I have no reservations about no squatch. Note, I am not getting the upgraded painted wheels. They looked great though on the ones I saw, for me I just don’t know if they looked $1,000 great. But if I were to make a change with my build that would be it.

Interior:

They had one leather and one MGV. And call me bias but I loved the MGV. I liked it enough that given a zero price difference between the two I’d probably still choose the MGV. The MGV color was very similar to the MIC grey color. To me that’s a good thing because I am going black on black on black. The MGV was actually a little lighter than expected (not like the configurator pics). They felt soft and had some texture but didn’t feel flimsy. They didn’t feel like thick vinyl on a boat at all. More like material that is water resistant can get wet and dries quickly with no mold issues (according to the bronco guy). Really happy with the MGV. It was rainy but my impression of leather vs. mgv is that the leather will get hot in the sun…especially the black. The MGV didn’t give me that impression. No electronic seat controls but that’s not a huge deal to me. The bronco guy said you can put a hose on the inside for 24 hours straight and it won’t have problems. Not sure why that was his example but, hey, sounds good to me in case you get caught in a storm with the top down.

Head Room:

This was a huge concern at 6’5”. It was rainy so the soft tops were on but I had a good 5 or 6 inches above me it felt like. I know the MIC will be a little lower but the bronco guy said it was only a couple inches at most so I feel like that question was answered.

Overall fit in driver’s seat:

All good for you worried tall folks (which I was before sitting in it). I didn’t have to move the seats all the way back to be comfortable and the steering wheel adjustments allowed for plenty of room above the knees. I also didn’t have any knees hitting the knobs issue. I saw some other posts on the concern of the bar on the left shoulder of the driver. I honestly didn’t notice it. I can see leaning on it for long rides but I did not feel cramped at all or like I had to lean on the middle console to be comfortable. The leather had the electronic controls and the MGV did not. Both seemed like they gave identical positioning options. Also note my 5”9’ daughter sat behind me. She didn’t like the seat all the way back but she was fine in the position I felt comfortable in the driver’s seat. I also sat in the back just to see. It was a little cramped for me but I also had the seat back where I was when I was in the driver’s seat. Average sized people in the back should be comfortable.

Washout:

I lifted up one of the rubber mats and took a picture. Maybe this will help some other folks who were asking questions about this. Under the rubber is like a hard plastic material that has grooves to route water to the drain.

Sorry for the long posts but as I mentioned, getting inside the heads of people who have seen them in person has really helped me. Happy to answer any questions.

side view.jpg
front view.jpg
front engine.jpg
Washout.jpg
Nice. I sat in these on Friday and also thought the fit in the front seat was fine. I was well in front of the pillar and had maybe 1-2 two more inches to move back before it would be an issue. Did you happen to sit in the back seat? I didn’t really fit at all, but the tops were off Friday so maybe it was deceiving from a head room perspective.

I had almost the opposite reaction to the MGV and leather, preferring the latter. The MGV felt “squishy” to me (or just generally not what I expected?) with more adjustment in the power seats. I’m sure over time I could dial in the manual seats but it wasn’t as easy to just jump in and immediately be comfortable.

B021C096-F1D6-47A4-BEF2-6E4FFA91E834.jpeg
Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice summary and impressions from the OP tall guy. Thanks.
i, too, have been watching for someone’s experience with left arm on open window sill cruising position.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m only 6’ but I did check that arm resting on the window sill cruising position and found it to be very comfortable. I noted that I’d be quite happy to sit there for a very long time but decided I should let someone else have a go. Then I went back again when they got out. I did this several times lol. Can’t speak to the half a foot taller crowd’s experience, but I was happy!

MikeD

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice review, I’m 6’6 but on the lean side and was worried about comfort. I’ve heard it’s similar to the Jeep and if so that would be a deal breaker.
Sponsored