Sponsored

2 More 4-door soft-tops — Sorry 2-door guys, it is what it is…

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello all, I am Tracy. I am 5’4” tall and 55 years old. I went to a Bronco showing today in Milford, OH, just outside of Cincinnati, OH. Despite my short stature, I was able to get into both the Area 51 Badlands, and the Cactus Gray FE without any problems. I do have a bad back that acts up every once in a while, so I do see some type of step in my future though.

I asked if the grab handles could be moved higher up the door mount because I think that would help me, but the rep said no. He pointed out that there is another grab handle, which I already knew about, but it isn’t very helpful to me because the reach is too far.

Both Broncos had automatic seats, and I did have to adjust them to the highest position to see clearly over the wheel. I asked if the manual seats would adjust as high as the automatic because that is the type I am getting, and the rep said yes they should.

I thought the interior was really nice. I didn’t get to spend as much time investigating as I would’ve liked, not because they were crowded, but because I didn’t go to the event alone. I had planned to take a lot of pictures, but one of my sisters and her husband went with me, so I didn’t get to spend as much time there as I had originally thought I would. Plus, I was too excited to remember to take a lot of pictures. In any event, I did get a Bronco hat, a carabiner with the Bronco logo, and a free Chick-fil-A sandwich, so there’s that…

I asked the rep how he liked driving the Bronco, and if he had any issues. He said that the soft-tops do seem to move a lot with the wind on the highway. He also said that he almost had a situation braking when it was raining the other day because the Bronco swayed some. He has been driving the FE, and he said that he thought it was due to the tires and the higher center of gravity. He also said that there is only an inch difference in sas and non-sas in the higher trims, but maybe 2-3” difference in the lower trims without sas. Take that for what you will, since none of us get the chance to sit in every trim level, let alone drive one before ordering one.

Here are the few pictures I did take of the Broncos, plus one of me and my new hat -- be kind lol

Ford Bronco 2 More 4-door soft-tops — Sorry 2-door guys, it is what it is… tempImagemch22h

Ford Bronco 2 More 4-door soft-tops — Sorry 2-door guys, it is what it is… tempImageiISbtk

Ford Bronco 2 More 4-door soft-tops — Sorry 2-door guys, it is what it is… tempImageQhmB1i

Ford Bronco 2 More 4-door soft-tops — Sorry 2-door guys, it is what it is… tempImage0qIQAQ

Ford Bronco 2 More 4-door soft-tops — Sorry 2-door guys, it is what it is… tempImageftHEOQ

Ford Bronco 2 More 4-door soft-tops — Sorry 2-door guys, it is what it is… tempImage5TmwuM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting! Any thoughts on feel of mgv and the leather?

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did he say anything else about his braking issue? Curious if his issue was the feel of swaying or actually coming to a stop?

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cheese is blue but thanks for pics

Sponsored
OP
OP
tracythemighty

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for posting! Any thoughts on feel of mgv and the leather?
The leather felt a little looser than the mgv, but I liked the mgv. I thought it looked nice, and I hope it is going to wear well.

OP
OP
tracythemighty

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did he say anything else about his braking issue? Curious if his issue was the feel of swaying or actually coming to a stop?
He made it seem like it was not going to drive that well in the rain on the highway. I wasn't sure if it was because he wasn't used to driving that type of vehicle or not. He said you have to be careful braking especially in the rain. It wasn't that it wouldn't stop, he said it swayed when he tried to stop.

Didn't someone on here talk about that before? I thought someone mentioned that you have to brake in advance of what you normally would in a car. I have wondered about issues with flipping, but I figured they wouldn't release a car that flipped anytime you stopped in the rain or turned a corner. Am I wrong about that?!

Bronconheimer

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He made it seem like it was not going to drive that well in the rain on the highway. I wasn't sure if it was because he wasn't used to driving that type of vehicle or not. He said you have to be careful braking especially in the rain. It wasn't that it wouldn't stop, he said it swayed when he tried to stop.

Didn't someone on here talk about that before? I thought someone mentioned that you have to brake in advance of what you normally would in a car. I have wondered about issues with flipping, but I figured they wouldn't release a car that flipped anytime you stopped in the rain or turned a corner. Am I wrong about that?!
OMG. I'm cancelling my reservation. :devilish:

OP
OP
tracythemighty

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OMG. I'm cancelling my reservation. :devilish:
hahahaha
Serious question (because I am new to all of this), will it just seem like the body shifts a lot because the way it is built, but it actually will be fine? I have a Mini, and it has a tight feel, but kind of rough like driving a go-cart and lots of fun. It sticks to the road; which is great for taking turns fast. I know I won't be able to drive like that in the Bronco, and that's fine. It is a different breed. Thoughts?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I wouldn't be surprised if it were because of uneven tire pressure. I'm amazed at the number of videos I see when they scroll by the tire pressure monitor how far off many of them are.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tracythemighty

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure it will be fine, btw, I like your hat :p .
I will drive carefully and where there is limited traffic for the first week until I get used to driving it. Thanks, I should remove that pic, I didn't realize it would be so huge on here, yikes! :ROFLMAO:

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
tracythemighty

tracythemighty