Sponsored

Can a Ford rep tell you your place in line at your dealership?

redcatcher27

Wildtrak
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. My dealer doesn't seem interested in giving me that information. I have asked him repeatedly.
Each time, he's been very vague. When I first asked, he said he would have to look. The next time, he said, "oh, with a Feb 14th reservation I'm sure you are in the top 20".
The last time (yesterday) he said they didn't have any specific order identified.
Of course, I don't want to know the order in which his customers Broncos will be built - I know that information is not available.
I just want to know out of their "approximately 32 allocations" for FY2021, where I'm at in regards purely to a reservation time stamp.
Maybe they just don't care?

craigaria

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I texted my rep at the dealer yesterday and he told me I would probably know something before he does

WayneAApilot

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer rep also seems clueless with providing this information.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
It doesn't really matter.

Your dealer can tell you where you are in there allocation but I don't think that grantees anything as far as what order they will actually receive that allocation.

i.e. your number 5 but have an item or trim level they put you in a later production batch than the person sitting at 11 in their allocation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It doesn't really matter.

Your dealer can tell you where you are in there allocation but I don't think that grantees anything as far as what order they will actually receive that allocation.

i.e. your number 5 but have an item or trim level they put you in a later production batch than the person sitting at 11 in their allocation.
Yes but to know that you're within the allocation for your dealership does matter because if you're not, you're not getting one this year. That's all we want to know and it seems like a lot of other people on here know (or think they know). Right now, if my dealer couldb accurately just say "yes, you're within our 2021 allocation" I'd be happy. I still wanna know my # in line but it'd be something at least.

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in the same boat. My dealer doesn't seem interested in giving me that information. I have asked him repeatedly.
Each time, he's been very vague. When I first asked, he said he would have to look. The next time, he said, "oh, with a Feb 14th reservation I'm sure you are in the top 20".
The last time (yesterday) he said they didn't have any specific order identified.
Of course, I don't want to know the order in which his customers Broncos will be built - I know that information is not available.
I just want to know out of their "approximately 32 allocations" for FY2021, where I'm at in regards purely to a reservation time stamp.
Maybe they just don't care?
1000% exactly the same haha yeah it feels like they don't wanna do the work to figure it out or something. I don't get it

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes but to know that you're within the allocation for your dealership does matter because if you're not, you're not getting one this year. That's all we want to know and it seems like a lot of other people on here know (or think they know). Right now, if my dealer couldb accurately just say "yes, you're within our 2021 allocation" I'd be happy. I still wanna know my # in line but it'd be something at least.
my whole point is being "in" your dealers allocation may not guarantee you a MY21 anymore then being outside of it guarantees your a MY22.

Just take a deep breath and live life man. Youll get your Bronco when you get it just like the rest of us.

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger maybe you can set things straight here. Is the info I'm asking for easy to get? In your ordering system, are you able to sort converted orders by reservation timestamp OR at least export the data over to an excel sheet and sort it there? Or would a dealer have to manually go through each order they have to figure out someone's place in line in terms of res time?

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
my whole point is being "in" your dealers allocation may not guarantee you a MY21 anymore then being outside of it guarantees your a MY22.

Just take a deep breath and live life man. Youll get your Bronco when you get it just like the rest of us.
I'm all good man haha I'm just bein active on the forums if you will. This is the only outstanding question I have right now and I'm just tryna figure it out.

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm all good man haha I'm just bein active on the forums if you will. This is the only outstanding question I have right now and I'm just tryna figure it out.
Hope you get an answer from you dealer. I understand the stress.

Ive been told Im 28 of 40 at my dealer but seeing some of the emails that other got yesterday make me think its irrelevant at this point.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive been told Im 28 of 40 at my dealer but seeing some of the emails that other got yesterday make me think its irrelevant at this point.
our dealer is wack. They act like selling us a bronco is doing us a favor.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger maybe you can set things straight here. Is the info I'm asking for easy to get? In your ordering system, are you able to sort converted orders by reservation timestamp OR at least export the data over to an excel sheet and sort it there? Or would a dealer have to manually go through each order they have to figure out someone's place in line in terms of res time?
Not only can your dealer do it, it's so easy, here's a video that shows you how to do it.

I've cued up the timestamp right to the spot. (2:00)

Maybe they'll let you sit at the computer and run the report for them.

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I'm curious why the emails yesterday make you think the allocation is irrelevant? To me, people that got those emails yesterday were within their dealers allocation and either got lucky with a priority build or got lucky that the right people cancelled their orders at their dealership moving them up in line or got lucky that their particular dealership didn't have a lot of early reservations. Also of course their build configuration played into it. Still though, they had to be within that allocation window to be considered. Or is that not what's been happening? 🤔 Genuinely curious if you've read or heard something different

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm curious why the emails yesterday make you think the allocation is irrelevant? To me, people that got those emails yesterday were within their dealers allocation and either got lucky with a priority build or got lucky that the right people cancelled their orders at their dealership moving them up in line or got lucky that their particular dealership didn't have a lot of early reservations. Also of course their build configuration played into it. Still though, they had to be within that allocation window to be considered. Or is that not what's been happening? 🤔 Genuinely curious if you've read or heard something different
Because some of them weren't.

One guy posted his dealer had already told him he was a my22.
Sponsored