ccameron511

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Won't inundate another thread with the same photos of the Cactus Gray BD and the Black OBX traveling up the west coast, but figured a few main takeaways couldn't hurt, even if a lot is just reiteration of some previous thoughts:

1. For those concerned that the 4 door doesn't look right without Squatch, don't fret. As many have said on here, the proportions and stance look much better than in photos, even the OBX. It's not stretched. I would go so far as to say the black diamond is menacing on the 32's (if it weren't for the access to the high package, I would definitely be going BD vs the BL I ordered). For those that don't need the performance of the squatch package, and also don't want to sacrifice MPG or pay for squatch just for the aesthetic, you will be happy with how this vehicle looks.

2. Somewhat related, I've always thought the front end looked a little too fat, wide and chunky for my liking. I learned that the angle in some photos was to blame. In person the front end looks perfectly trim, and truck-like, and the vehicle stands tall. The photo below (posted the other day) demonstrates this point a bit.

3. The 12 inch screen is HUGE. Very happy with my decision to get the high package.

4. The roast interior on the OBX looks better in person. Not going to say I like the bronze/brown dash (what were they thinking??) but the leather accents themselves are nice, a much darker brown than in most photos.

5. I had been going back and forth between Cactus Gray and Black for the better part of the last few months, but eventually settled on black, and I'm happy with my decision. Cactus Gray is a nice color, but it doesn't feel timeless,. As many have said, its appearance varies in different lighting (minty in sun, more gray in overcast), and I didn't want a car color I only liked in certain lighting conditions. To each their own!

6. Tires/Wheel combo on BD looks fantastic. Utilitarian and the steelies accentuate the chunkiness of the tires (in a good way).

7. I understand the decision to only include power seats on the leather, non-wash out interiors, but it does suck to pay for the high/lux package and pay $50k+ overall for a vehicle without power seats. I think ideally, the power seats would be the default for High and Lux, with the opt out on the wash out interior being an option.

Even with the good and bad, I walked away more excited than ever to receive my Bronco, hopefully in the next 2-3 months. Can't come soon enough!

Ford Bronco Main Takeaways from South SF Event 4/19 1618890139782
Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But we like seeing more pictures. Different lighting, different angles, different environment is helpful to see.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda sad that it seems I won't be seeing a Badlands on Thursday in Roseville, but at least I'll get to feel MGV and get a look at the 12" screen!

Sponsored
OP
OP

ccameron511

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But we like seeing more pictures. Different lighting, different angles, different environment is helpful to see.
Alright then, a few pictures! I think the ones from further away more accurately represent a few key things that are typically distorted by the phone cameras from up close: stance/size, wheel size, and cactus gray color. Please forgive me for the eclectic nature of the pics. I didn’t take as many as I normally would given all the ones already posted on these forums.

Also, I did not mention in the OP, huge credit to the Serramonte team for putting on a great event!

6BAF7FA8-688F-4112-8E5F-90E22E18EFBD.jpeg

5BEAFDA4-865E-42D9-A3C3-70174E45E191.jpeg

CB7144F2-0D02-4C3F-BB57-6CC1FFD92ABC.jpeg

08634B58-E9CD-4F8B-922B-E2A091E8AB2C.jpeg

F1917BF9-54A6-4E3D-8208-C86DEE54942E.jpeg

C4478482-0C32-440A-A86A-CFF8636DCB4F.jpeg

53F492E2-20FC-4350-BE22-037CF6770E5B.jpeg

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

thanks for the pics - any more side pictures of the Cactus black diamond?