Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1 thing I hate about the new Bronco. I'm a 3rd day reservation and may never actually get one.
I feel your pain. I'm a noon second day reservation and have been told it is unlikely that I will see mine this year. Meanwhile people with much later reservations will have them in June and July. Why even have a reservation system but I'm now way off topic.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably should re-title your vid:
"10 Things I Hate... Before I Own A Bronco"

Serious.
As my top 10 list will come "After" owning it and I'm sure you will make a new vid once you get yours and find the real issues you don't like.

The antenna might be a nat's fart compared to issues you observe once you actually own it...

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest dissatisfaction is the electric parking brake and no emergency brake.
Absolutely, I wish we were getting a manual hand brake with the Manual. I can see electronic PB for the autos. But I cut a brake line on a trail in my 72 lost all brake fluid, had to drive it down the mountain, then 30 miles of highway to the nearest auto store with just 3 gears and a marginal e-brake. A pucker day I'll never forget.

Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I never even thought about the rear vents. I have three boys. They are going to hate me in the summer if we take road trips through Georgia.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Missy has to be stoked that she didn't make this list!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broadicustomworks, have you tried Dramamine for your daughter? My daughter suffers from motion sickness in cars and boats and when she takes that it helps.
Yes.
Peppermint oil behind the ear helps more than that, for her.
But nothing is a total cure.
She'll be fine with the top off/ doors off/ both.
Normal driving with the top on/windows up during rain or whatever and it will be an issue. Possibly an issue.
Something will come out or someone will have a 3d printable solution at some point.
Or it might end up being sufficient as is.
Either way I'm not going to tell her beforehand about the vent situation. If she knows she will be looking for it being an issue even if it ends up not being one...you know how teens can be. ;)

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you mean you want a physical handle linked with a cable, the electronic parking brake acts as an emergency brake. (It will apply force in a smooth and controlled manner to bring the vehicle to a stop without locking the wheels.)

Only requirement would be that you would still need electrical power... if you lose electrical power you'd still have some hydraulic force with your regular brakes.

If you lose both electrical power and hydraulic brakes, well, then you've got an extreme fringe case of "bad times."
Luckily its not a Land Rover so the chances of both of those happening together are slim.

Sponsored

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes.
Peppermint oil behind the ear helps more than that, for her.
But nothing is a total cure.
She'll be fine with the top off/ doors off/ both.
Normal driving with the top on/windows up during rain or whatever and it will be an issue. Possibly an issue.
Something will come out or someone will have a 3d printable solution at some point.
Or it might end up being sufficient as is.
Either way I'm not going to tell her beforehand about the vent situation. If she knows she will be looking for it being an issue even if it ends up not being one...you know how teens can be. ;)
You can always let her drive😎

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I live in Arizona so the rear vents are important to me. I run my AC year round. My Flex has roof vents in the rear which work great, especially since I haul my dog around all the time. Vents under the seat are useless to be because I fold all the rear seats down flat for my dog. Without a fixed roof, I don't see how they could have effective rear vents.
Ford Bronco 10 Things I Hate About The New Bronco IMG_20210219_095031

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Arizona so the rear vents are important to me. I run my AC year round. My Flex has roof vents in the rear which work great, especially since I haul my dog around all the time. Vents under the seat are useless to be because I fold all the rear seats down flat for my dog. Without a fixed roof, I don't see how they could have effective rear vents.
Ford Bronco 10 Things I Hate About The New Bronco IMG_20210219_095031
I could be wrong, but I was looking at a 2019 Jeep Wrangler TWO door... and they have tw big circular air vents in the back of the center console.... so, for Ford not to at least match that is yet another demerit.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't ever use my rear wiper and it annoys my wife, but not as much as when I don't use the fronts and she can't see. I like them to be off as much as possible or at the max delay possible to be able to see.
I find that the rear wiper sucks because (A) is an inferior product - no one uses quality rubber like in better front wipers and (B) more dirt and road debris gets thrown onto the rear blade, speeding its deterioration.

And I do the same thing on intermittent. I always shake my head at people with theirs on full blast after the rain has come to a stop. A properly RainX'ed window barely even needs wipers.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you mean you want a physical handle linked with a cable, the electronic parking brake acts as an emergency brake. (It will apply force in a smooth and controlled manner to bring the vehicle to a stop without locking the wheels.)

Only requirement would be that you would still need electrical power... if you lose electrical power you'd still have some hydraulic force with your regular brakes.

If you lose both electrical power and hydraulic brakes, well, then you've got an extreme fringe case of "bad times."
The E-brake better NOT be in the same position on the Bronco as it is on the Bronco Sport!!! I can foresee a Recall (listen up Ford) on that E-brake placement. Imagine where a little dog steps as it goes from driver to passenger seat or vice versa as you're driving....... Yep.....E-Brake engaged.....
HSVUcSi.jpg
Sponsored