First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what I like to hear. Base color is gray but can have strong green hues in certain lighting, or even a slight blue.
Even the bronco staff pointed it out to me and called it green.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Weird
These are the strangest videos Iā€™ve seen here. Whatā€™s even stranger is that they let you do this to something you donā€™t own, and theyā€™re not willing to fire up the engine and rev it a bit at these events.
Not sure what you were expecting.....
Ha. I wonā€™t deny these videos are 100% weird out of context. My intention wasnā€™t to go there and scratch at the interior like a lunatic. However, after noticing some of the cheaper plastics and build quality (which could be due to pre production), there was no way I could have not recorded this. Iā€™ve NEVER shopped a vehicle and done this. But after knocking on some of the parts and testing the integrity it felt like I would be doing 6G a disservice not to record this. If the materials and build quality were better I would have never even thought to do this.

it reminded me of when my friend got the first year refreshed Jetta (1999). The build quality was so poor - He got into a lot of beef with the wrong set of people and they dissassembled half of his front dash with their bare hands. No tools. This felt like that. Although again, itā€™s pre production. But I donā€™t think the thickness of the plastic and actual materials will change.

Last edited:

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Videos below.

I'll start by linking a ton of interior dimensions here - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/lots-of-tape-measured-dimensions-4-door-bronco-chapman.15880/

Presence:
As many have said, this thing looks the business. I included a video of it next to the Bronco Sport, and it looks like a Mini Cooper next to the big Bronco sasquatch. Overall, very pleased. This seems to be uncontested, so I will move on

Materials/Build Quality:
My biggest negative/takeway - lack of a soft touch upper dash. It is hollow, knocks hollow, and the graining is obviously fake. I think I care more since I am getting roast, and to have this piece colored seems to draw attention to something that is really subpar. There are a lot of scratchy materials. The build quality is also not the best, but I am going to give Ford a partial waiver since this is a pre-production, however, presumably the materials are here to stay. I wasnt expecting super high end quality materials, but I would definitely put this at two steps below my Subaru Outback. If they offered some type of trim level that swapped out the hard plastics for soft touch, I would easily be on board, and would happily pay a pretty penny for it.

Interior Space:
See my dimensions link above. Overall, better than I thought. The interior feels like youre sitting in a mini tank, and I absolutely love it. The window sills are low enough that you could easily rest your arm. And the windows are huge perfectly veritcal slabs that really make the cabin unique, boxy, and roomier than the numbers imply. The doors are thin, and you definitely pick up some knee room up front. The rear seats are very upright, but okay when reclined. One thing I will note is that in the back, since you sit high, at 6 ft the side of my head felt stuck in the coffers, i.e. the side of my skull was inline with the rollbar and only a couple inches away. This is not a problem in the front since you sit lower. I dont care much, given kids will be in the back, but something to note....Comparing the dimensions to my outback, it looks like I lose about 2-3" of rear seat room. For example, with my Outback driver seat in its position, i have 13" of clearance to the seat cushion, and 31" of overall depth from seatback to seatback. In the Bronco, it was 10.5" and 28", respectively. I think I'd pick back up an inch on the OBX without the molle grid (and that actually factored into my decision to stay away from MGV). The rear seat is narrow, but there is extra clearance between the seat cushions and the door.

As for the front, at 6-0", 210, with a 32" inseam, it felt fairly roomier than I was thinking. I went into it with major doubts, but this does NOT feel like a Wrangler upfront.

Cargo Space:
Definitely ample for a road trip for a family of 4. I was pretty meticulous here with dimensions. I will absolutely be stacking up 25" to the rear seatback (4" above the beltline/windows), given the spare tire chews into the rearward visibility anyway. There is also 18" of rear floor space from the back of the front seat to the hinges beneath the rear seats. Optimal floor storage when you have young kids in car seats like I do. Theres a ton of space to put luggage, toy bags, snack bads, etc on the floor in the rear.

Random Takeaways:
-MGV looks cheap. There, I said it. Especially in the lighter BD grays where the heathered pattern is more obvious. It just looks gimmicky and overly manufactured, and a major step down from leather. While most vehicles dont have real leather, you know when the 'pleather' quality is really subpar and it's visibly cheap? Its like that, but one notch below. Glad I am getting leather (or in this case, pleather).
-Again, upper dash is not soft touch. My biggest gripe.
-The aluminum rimmed sasquatch wheels look SUPERB. This was a major factor in my OBX sas vs Wildtrak. I am so happy I decided to not get the blacked out version. This paired with AMB really pops in the sun. It's upscale and looks great.
-Antimatter Blue. It's a show stopper. Everyone was talking about it, and reps kept saying that people were changing their order. Antimatter blue, to me, is equally important in the looks department as the sasquatch package. In other words, I would be as equally upset if I had to switch away from AMB as if I had to switch away from the sasquatch package. And the pairing of the two is ungodly.
-The B&O system is incredible. I will leave it at that.

Overall, I am in love with the Bronco. But a lot of that is because the things that I really liked in person were part of my build, and the things I did not like in person were excluded from my build. It just confirmed everything, I guess. If there was one thing I ordered differently, I would have been upset. AMB paint, roast leather, silver dash, no MGV, no molle grids, no blacked out sasquatch wheels, (wildtrak) just everything came together and got me so excited. Of course, that's totally specific to my likings, and everyone has their own flavor.

4D851CAF-4678-4A50-98C9-2CA1B0993010.jpeg

1D64AAD9-9639-4844-B253-BEC8DC061AC2.jpeg

AB091E2A-6EBC-42CD-A0D4-3F44A5608687.jpeg

06EB60F8-908A-4DA6-8EEB-271899E3400C.jpeg

4FABF214-E10C-4E0D-9FF9-E725A60E969C.jpeg

A53447D2-F96A-4E18-953B-64D3C78691D9.jpeg

9F18F297-BFE3-41BD-A344-54D4755C8B6A.jpeg

9A63AADA-E694-4DBD-AEB1-B8D2019F71BE.jpeg

CA03FA8C-FF1B-4500-905D-2654D11B0932.jpeg

BF6787E3-E3E5-4070-88B7-21D1AA1F5006.jpeg

E9956F8B-D745-4571-9AEE-8CF63056F4A1.jpeg

58D0241F-7B10-4AA1-84EF-A0A4BD9B720F.jpeg

E76FF5CC-57B8-4066-8BC1-16AD981B9E00.jpeg

87272A3E-BC29-4B8B-B6B2-8A674088AA6C.jpeg
I was also at the event today - a bit later in the afternoon (around 3pm) when, unfortunately, the sun was not out, and the AMB did the "I'm a 'bluish-black' routine" instead of how great these pics look.

I will say that, like some others, I was not overwhelmed on the size - it fit my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised at the functional simplicity of the interior/dash. (that is a compliment). I did not do any scratch or tapping tests, though I would say that until I see full production units I will hold off on some of this judgement as I think we have seen these units out for a LONG time.

In terms of the MGV (and I am a Badlands order) I will say I was perhaps slightly disappointed, but only against the claims that some have made about it being 'leather-like' or better than the pleather they have on other vehicles. I read someone else's post about the visibility of the fabric pattern, and that is completely accurate and this is not attempting to masquerade as leather. I have chosen to go with it for the utility of having my dogs and for not freaking out if the top is off and it rains. It is a good seating choice for a utility vehicle that will not be out of its place as a 'nice ride' as well. My Volvo XC90 had leather that was showing some wear in 3 years, and I was always paranoid the dogs would puncture it. My wife had an '89 Volvo 760 Turbo Wagon that had leather that I swear came from a Rhino - I've never seen anything as tough since, but that is the only kind I would accept for a vehicle like a Bronco at this point.

I do not have any pictures that you have not seen already, and in better quality that mine. I will say a couple things on sizing. I am 6'1", 212, and have a short inseam at "32. I put my seat where I wanted, and had NO problem with the B-pillar on my shoulders - unlike the Willys 4dr I am using until my Bronco arrives. The Bronco is equally as roomy as the XC90 was in that respect. Where I was concerned was the cargo space with the rear seats down. I do a lot of cycling and have a great Yakima DR Tray rack which is perfect for the muddy mountain bike. But my REALLY nice road bike rides inside with me ever since I had someone rear-end me and destroy a rack (fortunately with no bike on it, since the bike is worth more than my Z3). In the Willys, there is about 68" of space with 'just' fits the bike without removing the front wheel. The Bronco measured at almost 71" so it is slightly more space (both measurements are with driver seat where I want it).

I wore my @Wide Open Roads Oxford White Badlands t-shirt and the crew loved it. They were very helpful and friendly - but could not answer specifics on a tire/wheel sizing question that I was asked to find out (END - did he get himself banned again? - couldn't tag any version of him).

It confirmed that I "chose wisely" for me, and I am looking forward to getting my Bronco, some day. I did take seven Avery and 3M vinyl wrap samples in various grays to match up the fender color (would have loved to be able to check against the MIC top, but not there). Thinking of potential a lower body wrap to protect the bottom 6"-12" on the side and doing the raised hood panel (like the section on the WT). Avery SW900-871-S was closest, and SW900-854-M was next, in my eyes. I need to find those pics of the fenders and MIC top to see how close they are to each other.

Good luck in your choices, sorry for the length of the post, but if you got this far, you must have found something interesting, or like me, you just really need something to do until your Bronco arrives!

Last edited:

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adding the pic of the MGV for my post above...sorry if this is a duplicate

3437DF0D-8D4B-4D5F-B695-5FDE022BD491.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

MLPAGANO72

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife and I where at this event as well. The AMB color is amazing in person. We called our dealer right there and changed from Black.
The vehicle looks awesome.
The Ford reps where great and helpful. No sales pitch.
Hoping to get our production email next Thursday.

812039FA-EBF2-4DC9-BD8A-0A34C1712A13.jpeg

28C17D54-487D-440C-A4B2-886D90ED4C2E.jpeg

6A243B4D-EAFE-4CC3-AA98-A36BF7DDBFE7.jpeg

Reactions: abe

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was also at the event today - a bit later in the afternoon (around 3pm) when, unfortunately, the sun was not out, and the AMB did the "I'm a 'bluish-black' routine" instead of how great these pics look.

I will say that, like some others, I was not overwhelmed on the size - it fit my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised at the functional simplicity of the interior/dash. (that is a compliment). I did not do any scratch or tapping tests, though I would say that until I see full production units I will hold off on some of this judgement as I think we have seen these units out for a LONG time.

In terms of the MGV (and I am a Badlands order) I will say I was perhaps slightly disappointed, but only against the claims that some have made about it being 'leather-like' or better than the pleather they have on other vehicles. I read someone else's post about the visibility of the fabric pattern, and that is completely accurate and this is not attempting to masquerade as leather. I have chosen to go with it for the utility of having my dogs and for not freaking out if the top is off and it rains. It is a good seating choice for a utility vehicle that will not be out of its place as a 'nice ride' as well. My Volvo XC90 had leather that was showing some wear in 3 years, and I was always paranoid the dogs would puncture it. My wife had an '89 Volvo 760 Turbo Wagon that had leather that I swear came from a Rhino - I've never seen anything as tough since, but that is the only kind I would accept for a vehicle like a Bronco at this point.

I do not have any pictures that you have not seen already, and in better quality that mine. I will say a couple things on sizing. I am 6'1", 212, and have a short inseam at "32. I put my seat where I wanted, and had NO problem with the B-pillar on my shoulders - unlike the Willys 4dr I am using until my Bronco arrives. The Bronco is equally as roomy as the XC90 was in that respect. Where I was concerned was the cargo space with the rear seats down. I do a lot of cycling and have a great Yakima DR Tray rack which is perfect for the muddy mountain bike. But my REALLY nice road bike rides inside with me ever since I had someone rear-end me and destroy a rack (fortunately with no bike on it, since the bike is worth more than my Z3). In the Willys, there is about 68" of space with 'just' fits the bike without removing the front wheel. The Bronco measured at almost 71" so it is slightly more space (both measurements are with driver seat where I want it).

I wore my @Wide Open Roads Oxford White Badlands t-shirt and the crew loved it. They were very helpful and friendly - but could not answer specifics on a tire/wheel sizing question that I was asked to find out (END - did he get himself banned again? - couldn't tag any version of him).

It confirmed that I "chose wisely" for me, and I am looking forward to getting my Bronco, some day. I did take seven Avery and 3M vinyl wrap samples in various grays to match up the fender color (would have loved to be able to check against the MIC top, but not there). Thinking of potential a lower body wrap to protect the bottom 6"-12" on the side and doing the raised hood panel (like the section on the WT). Avery SW900-871-S was closest, and SW900-854-M was next, in my eyes. I need to find those pics of the fenders and MIC top to see how close they are to each other.

Good luck in your choices, sorry for the length of the post, but if you got this far, you must have found something interesting, or like me, you just really need something to do until your Bronco arrives!
great write up ā€” thanks for all the details and your impressions.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MGV seats seem to be a bit polarizing. Some folks are really impressed; others not so much. I really liked the MGV when I saw and felt it in person. You wonā€™t be fooled into thinking itā€™s real leather, but itā€™s comfortable, and I thought it looked fine. Itā€™s actually a little softer than the real leather in my Grand Cherokee. I intend to have my Bronco in the dirt pretty regularly, so hopefully the MGV will prove to be durable and easy to clean.
Not sure what trim/year your Grand Cherokee is, but I have a 2020 WK2 Trailhawk, and although it's good vehicle, the seats drive me nuts. Such a cheap "leather" I am not impressed with it. Looking forward to seeing this MGV in the Bronco!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And BTW others here have commented that the material quality was slightly below their JL.
I havenā€™t heard that except for one dude...who seemed to be a Jeep fanboy and wasnā€™t really shopping Bronco when he looked at it. Maybe some have said it, and I donā€™t own a JL, but from appearances the Bronco interior looks to be better and of better quality.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All of whining about ā€˜qualityā€™ of material should probably cancel. If you wanted plush and high end finishes, you should get an expedition. This was built to be utilitarian and durable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All of whining about ā€˜qualityā€™ of material should probably cancel. If you wanted plush and high end finishes, you should get an expedition. This was built to be utilitarian and durable.
Dude. The truck is loaded with cheap plastics. Thereā€™s no need to spin it or defend it. It is what it is. Iā€™m in. So are you. What you call whining, I call making people informed. Iā€™m not cancelling just like you are not cancelling.

But others should be aware because it could matter to some. Itā€™s not an expedition. Itā€™s not a navigator. We know that. But there is obvious cost savings in the materials. Will it be improved in a refresh down the road? I canā€™t see how it wonā€™t. But not a lot of people are talking about it, probably because they are focused on other things and over the moon about taking delivery. donā€™t bash me for making people aware. This is a forum and itā€™s a good thing to spread information rather than hide it. For those getting a base model at 30k thatā€™s one thing. But those spending 60k should be aware that they are getting a 30k truck with 30k in options and regardless of options or trim level, it looks to have no bearing on interior materials (where in other vehicles it would likely translate to better materials but not on bronco).

Last edited:
Reactions: abe

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dude. The truck is loaded with cheap plastics. Thereā€™s no need to spin it or defend it. It is what it is. Iā€™m in. So are you. What you call whining, I call making people informed. Iā€™m not cancelling just like you are not cancelling.

But others should be aware because it could matter to some. Itā€™s not an expedition. Itā€™s not a navigator. We know that. But there is obvious cost savings in the materials. Will it be improved in a refresh down the road? I canā€™t see how it wonā€™t. But not a lot of people are talking about it, probably because they are focused on other things and over the moon about taking delivery. donā€™t bash me for making people aware. This is a forum and itā€™s a good thing to spread information rather than hide it. For those getting a base model at 30k thatā€™s one thing. But those spending 60k should be aware that they are getting a 30k truck with 30k in options and regardless of options or trim level, it looks to have no bearing on interior materials (where in other vehicles it would likely translate to better materials but not on bronco).
Other vehicles may get more luxurious dash and soft touch finish on the interior, but thatā€™s not what youā€™re paying for on the Bronco. ......your Bronco $60k is going into capability. It makes no sense to compare the Bronco to an expedition or a navigator for fit and finish....does a navigator have trail turn assist or sway bar disconnect? No one should expect a Bronco to have navigator like materials. Plus, you do know the leather seats on the Bronco are leather trimmed vinyl......so better get used to vinyl with your leather seats as well, since a good portion of the seats are not leather.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tom DeLonge, Blink-182ā€˜s ā€œFirst Dateā€ (2001)... the gift that keeps on giving. :ROFLMAO:

Top 3 favorite bands of all time. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m now showing how young or old I am anymore.
Sponsored

Last edited: