Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, after a lot of waiting, dreaming, and complaining it is finally here!

Reservation : 7/13 at 9:46pm EST
Converted : 2/2/21 at Preston Ford in Burton, OH
Build : 2 Door BaseSquatch Carbonized Grey with MIC top, 2.3L with 10 speed.
Options : HD front bumper and AUX switches

The dealership is prepping her today and I’ll be picking up tomorrow with my wife and son. I’ll start with the cell pictures I got from my sales guy and I will get some better ones when I bring it home.

UPDATE - INITIAL IMPRESSION

Before we get started, I want to thank all of the members of the forum for the love and support in taking delivery of this rig. I know that a lot of you are trying to stay patient. Let me say that all of the woes and angst that you are feeling while you wait are going to VANISH as soon as you pull off the lot. A couple of you have hit the nail on the head - It's a simple build for a simple man. I've scanned the pages of responses and made a list to hopefully answer all of the questions that you guys have. I will add more pictures for those that asked over the weekend while I play around with it a little more....here we go!

Size

The proportions of the Bronco make it look bigger than it is....let me explain. I have a 2018 Tiguan which is absolutely eclipsed by this thing. However, the width of the Bronco (mirror tip to mirror tip) is only 3.5" wider than my Tiguan. The height is obviously where the big differential comes in. I'm 5'9" and the step in isn't bad but I think a tube step would help me lol! The pictures we've seen do not adequately give you an idea of how large this thing is but I love it!

Driving

The 2.3 with the 10 speed should not be taken lightly. In the 2 door, it's a good match, it has good low-end torque and the 10 speed is surprisingly smooth. Coming from the 8 speed DSG in the Tiguan which was pretty incredible, I'm impressed with the 10 speed on this. It does learn the driver so sometimes it hunts for gears but that will sort itself out during the course of the break-in. The road noise is minimal, between the tires and the roof (I have the sound deadening liner), it's shockingly quiet. If you're coming from a luxury vehicle then it's probably going to take some getting used to. For those of you that owned vehicles with little insulation, I think you'll be impressed with the low amount of road noise. I have not had a chance to drive her in rain yet but I want to see what heavy raindrops are like on the MIC top and see if anything changes with the feel of the tires. On dry pavement, it handles nicely in turns with the short wheelbase but has a smooth ride at 50-60 mph. It's still body-on-frame so it's going to let you feel the road a little bit. I need a little more wheel time to get familiar with her but it'll be hard not to smile when you are cruising on a backroad to get to a trail.

Exterior

The MIC top is darker than I thought it would be based on the pictures we've seen, it looks really good with the Carbonized grey and I think that perhaps the darker paint job makes the MIC look darker? I have nothing to prove my theory because I only saw soft tops at the Bronco events.

The Sasquatch badge is added with the SAS package, you do not need the HD Bumper.

There is no blind-spot monitoring on the base but it has the integrated blind spot mirrors, which I like a lot more because I have trust issues with technology.

I obviously didn't get the roof rails and I'm not sure I'm going to add them, I'm sure there are going to be some good aftermarket options coming by the end of this year.

For those inquiring about tint, I'm going to investigate costs between ceramic versus regular and get back to you all. I may not even add tint but we'll see. I'm in Cleveland so we have about 4.7 days of sun per year.

Interior

My initial impression of the cloth seats is that they are good quality fabric, the seats are supportive but soft. Not soft like you sink into them but the comfort level on a 50-minute cruise was great! They are far superior to the cloth seats in my Tiguan, I'm very pleased. The lumbar support is only on the driver's seat which is nice to have for sure. I think it would have been cool to throw the manual lumbar on the passenger side, just thinking that if you take this out on the trail, you usually don't go alone but not a deal-breaker since the seat comfort is good for the entry-level trim. The leg and hip room in the second row is great (remember I'm 5' 9") and those seats are just as comfortable as the front seats. Also getting into the second row from the front is best on the passenger side, I think that seat slides a little further forward just because the steering wheel is out of the way. The steering wheel has tilt and telescope so you can get it in just the right position based on the seat placement.

The visibility is good all the way around but the second-row headrests do cut into your view out the rear window a little bit so I dropped them down which is perfect for me. The space behind the second row is much larger than I expected, there is plenty of space back there to do what you need to do on the daily. The seat folding is intuitive and easy if you need additional space. I would imagine that GooseGear is going to drop a sweet rear seat delete kit at some point.

Infotainment

The 8" screen is all I need, it's big enough and I don't like to mess around with a lot while I'm driving. It looks proper in the dash compared to what surrounds it so I feel like it looks complete. For those of you that can afford the jumbotron, go big or go home! Sync 4 is smooth and I'm still getting used to where everything is at but it's very intuitive, the menus are simple and easy to navigate so you won't spend a lot of time getting all your settings locked in.

The dash is very cool, there are a ton of configurations that you can do there which is nice. I have to spend more time working on that before I give a more detailed review on that but it's also intuitive and easy to move through with the steering wheel controls.

The sound system - it's exactly what I was looking for but I will warn others if you're into big sound while driving, THIS IS NOT THE SYSTEM YOU WANT. I just like to have some background music on while I drive so this is perfect for me. It's 6 speakers and gets the job done. Mids and highs are decent enough but the low frequency is not there. If you're looking for more, plan on upgrading or if you have time to change your order, get the B&O. I liked the B&O when I tested it out in the first edition at an event but I knew it went beyond my desires and needs so I stuck with the standard system.

FordPass

Short story here, I don't have the points yet but working with my sales guy on that. Also, I'm having trouble getting the Bronco activated in the app which I know is 100% user error here. Once I figure out how to not be stupid, I will add my take on the FordPass features.

I will get to adding more pictures this weekend and I'm happy to answer any other specific questions you all have in the meantime. I feel that it is my duty to dispense information while others wait for their Bronco. I'm not going anywhere and I hope to find you guys and gals on the trails, don't be strangers!

BD10B042-22C0-46E7-B392-F2B70A455E33.jpeg
C6208B5B-FDBB-45FE-86A3-469B603F5447.jpeg
46201915-D156-434E-93F0-B28A4CAF0FCC.jpeg
9B00747F-87C7-41F5-9112-87914939FDAB.jpeg
C9277D1D-8194-4415-9999-BCD81218E902.jpeg

BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE

94EDDB3C-D088-4C18-B772-74D7F74C55DE.jpeg

My buddy Razor who will be spending a lot of time in the passenger seat.
0CFECA49-5E87-45EC-942E-1CB02ADA9A38.jpeg

Didn’t see this feature in the brochure but yes you can secure your ridgeback to the front tow hooks!

886366BE-9E7C-474A-B045-D85A4018E25C.jpeg

No bottle opener on the 2 door, just beer

B79998B5-FAC9-4E3A-8FA6-F37FE28BF2BD.jpeg

7A0C4C36-EFC1-45D4-B851-B07553BBCD9A.jpeg

We baby we this thing and it’s easy. Snap-N-Go stroller fits perfectly in the back.
339F5205-35BB-47F3-BB02-C15498F25122.jpeg

92944504-81CC-4DF0-81B0-1AD048BF73BA.jpeg

I can’t remember how many liters this is but it’s an 82 can igloo. It fits nicely, you could go slightly bigger with no issues.
AE0905D9-0FDB-4B1D-A110-9B02851D2403.jpeg

I’m not tryin’ to brag but the cup holders in the second row are sooooo nice!

570DD834-BD2D-44FD-9D95-5166717FB0BA.jpeg

7E033D81-E4D9-4591-9AC4-248D799EF473.jpeg

CF0FB9F0-06CE-4A15-9E93-55F0C922C51A.jpeg

The glove compartment is decently sized

E33B7579-9659-4E63-B8E6-7C76A5500AD9.jpeg

So is the center console. It’s pretty deep.
AFE8951B-D6BE-48F7-BCEE-3981AFED6C8F.jpeg

Front USB power, the area for the phone is pretty big so any phone would fit easily. Even if they keep making them larger.

3B3D0E2E-BA8F-4DAD-9D8E-E8850668C713.jpeg

4CDFE3C9-08F1-4C48-A3C6-56A8568841D5.jpeg

Rear power off the back of the center console.
A8AB9431-0BBC-429B-A290-47C485DFB7A3.jpeg
Some armor on the tank but not much else besides the front skid which is very thick.
BC401DDC-8E56-459B-8146-4DF61E58AD7A.jpeg

8BBA4EF2-3165-44D0-80FA-3A8D50E1852C.jpeg

D5A79E9C-6D47-4F5D-ADFE-D33AE7D55717.jpeg

DA73ED1F-D788-4EAD-88DB-F04926CD6358.jpeg

My garage was built in 1930 it’s very tight. The opening is 84” tall and 96” wide. I don’t need to fold mirrors in with a few inches on each side.
Congrats and what a great review!
Curious how much space you had while pulling into the garage? Asking because my garage is even smaller and I’m wondering if I’ll fit. Thanks!
Sponsored

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really appreciate the added photos, particular showing it lived in with car seat base, stroller, and ice chest. Making me think a bit more…

Turtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can You fit in the back of the bronco with the seats down? What's the size of the back with the seats down? Asking for car camping reasons. I plan to get a RTT but I'm still very curious, Thank you for your time.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This post has some great info, thanks! And thanks for all the pics. Any chance you could measure to the bottom of the door sill? The last thing I need to figure out is if my wife will be comfortable getting in if I get the SAS. I can compare it to my Cherokee that I'm driving now. Hoping to be able to sit in one next week, but that measurement would be good enough to know...I think.

Sponsored

Deleted member 20241

Fun to see the real world base two door up close and in day to day use.... a Sasquatch beast!
Congrtulations and best of luck with your new family Ford! ✔🇺🇸

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is awesome. I’m only 8 minutes behind you but still no build date. Only difference is I ordered the 2.7. Please post your review of the 2.3. There’s still time to change my order apparently.
So from what I hear there isn't as much as a difference between both the 2.3 and 2.7, I ordered the 2.7 and feel like I wasted the money if that's the case but too late to change mine has been shipped already

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The dealership is prepping her today and I’ll be picking up tomorrow with my wife and son. I’ll start with the cell pictures I got from my sales guy and I will get some better ones when I bring it home.

Before we get started, I want to thank all of the members of the forum for the love and support in taking delivery of this rig. I know that a lot of you are trying to stay patient. Let me say that all of the woes and angst that you are feeling while you wait are going to VANISH as soon as you pull off the lot. A couple of you have hit the nail on the head - It's a simple build for a simple man. I've scanned the pages of responses and made a list to hopefully answer all of the questions that you guys have. I will add more pictures for those that asked over the weekend while I play around with it a little more....here we go!

Size

The proportions of the Bronco make it look bigger than it is....let me explain. I have a 2018 Tiguan which is absolutely eclipsed by this thing. However, the width of the Bronco (mirror tip to mirror tip) is only 3.5" wider than my Tiguan. The height is obviously where the big differential comes in. I'm 5'9" and the step in isn't bad but I think a tube step would help me lol! The pictures we've seen do not adequately give you an idea of how large this thing is but I love it!

Driving

The 2.3 with the 10 speed should not be taken lightly. In the 2 door, it's a good match, it has good low-end torque and the 10 speed is surprisingly smooth. Coming from the 8 speed DSG in the Tiguan which was pretty incredible, I'm impressed with the 10 speed on this. It does learn the driver so sometimes it hunts for gears but that will sort itself out during the course of the break-in. The road noise is minimal, between the tires and the roof (I have the sound deadening liner), it's shockingly quiet. If you're coming from a luxury vehicle then it's probably going to take some getting used to. For those of you that owned vehicles with little insulation, I think you'll be impressed with the low amount of road noise. I have not had a chance to drive her in rain yet but I want to see what heavy raindrops are like on the MIC top and see if anything changes with the feel of the tires. On dry pavement, it handles nicely in turns with the short wheelbase but has a smooth ride at 50-60 mph. It's still body-on-frame so it's going to let you feel the road a little bit. I need a little more wheel time to get familiar with her but it'll be hard not to smile when you are cruising on a backroad to get to a trail.

Exterior

The MIC top is darker than I thought it would be based on the pictures we've seen, it looks really good with the Carbonized grey and I think that perhaps the darker paint job makes the MIC look darker? I have nothing to prove my theory because I only saw soft tops at the Bronco events.

The Sasquatch badge is added with the SAS package, you do not need the HD Bumper.

There is no blind-spot monitoring on the base but it has the integrated blind spot mirrors, which I like a lot more because I have trust issues with technology.

I obviously didn't get the roof rails and I'm not sure I'm going to add them, I'm sure there are going to be some good aftermarket options coming by the end of this year.

For those inquiring about tint, I'm going to investigate costs between ceramic versus regular and get back to you all. I may not even add tint but we'll see. I'm in Cleveland so we have about 4.7 days of sun per year.

Interior

My initial impression of the cloth seats is that they are good quality fabric, the seats are supportive but soft. Not soft like you sink into them but the comfort level on a 50-minute cruise was great! They are far superior to the cloth seats in my Tiguan, I'm very pleased. The lumbar support is only on the driver's seat which is nice to have for sure. I think it would have been cool to throw the manual lumbar on the passenger side, just thinking that if you take this out on the trail, you usually don't go alone but not a deal-breaker since the seat comfort is good for the entry-level trim. The leg and hip room in the second row is great (remember I'm 5' 9") and those seats are just as comfortable as the front seats. Also getting into the second row from the front is best on the passenger side, I think that seat slides a little further forward just because the steering wheel is out of the way. The steering wheel has tilt and telescope so you can get it in just the right position based on the seat placement.

The visibility is good all the way around but the second-row headrests do cut into your view out the rear window a little bit so I dropped them down which is perfect for me. The space behind the second row is much larger than I expected, there is plenty of space back there to do what you need to do on the daily. The seat folding is intuitive and easy if you need additional space. I would imagine that GooseGear is going to drop a sweet rear seat delete kit at some point.

Infotainment

The 8" screen is all I need, it's big enough and I don't like to mess around with a lot while I'm driving. It looks proper in the dash compared to what surrounds it so I feel like it looks complete. For those of you that can afford the jumbotron, go big or go home! Sync 4 is smooth and I'm still getting used to where everything is at but it's very intuitive, the menus are simple and easy to navigate so you won't spend a lot of time getting all your settings locked in.

The dash is very cool, there are a ton of configurations that you can do there which is nice. I have to spend more time working on that before I give a more detailed review on that but it's also intuitive and easy to move through with the steering wheel controls.

The sound system - it's exactly what I was looking for but I will warn others if you're into big sound while driving, THIS IS NOT THE SYSTEM YOU WANT. I just like to have some background music on while I drive so this is perfect for me. It's 6 speakers and gets the job done. Mids and highs are decent enough but the low frequency is not there. If you're looking for more, plan on upgrading or if you have time to change your order, get the B&O. I liked the B&O when I tested it out in the first edition at an event but I knew it went beyond my desires and needs so I stuck with the standard system.

FordPass

Short story here, I don't have the points yet but working with my sales guy on that. Also, I'm having trouble getting the Bronco activated in the app which I know is 100% user error here. Once I figure out how to not be stupid, I will add my take on the FordPass features.

I will get to adding more pictures this weekend and I'm happy to answer any other specific questions you all have in the meantime. I feel that it is my duty to dispense information while others wait for their Bronco. I'm not going anywhere and I hope to find you guys and gals on the trails, don't be strangers!

BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE

Didn’t see this feature in the brochure but yes you can secure your ridgeback to the front tow hooks!

We baby we this thing and it’s easy. Snap-N-Go stroller fits perfectly in the back.

I can’t remember how many liters this is but it’s an 82 can igloo. It fits nicely, you could go slightly bigger with no issues.

Front USB power, the area for the phone is pretty big so any phone would fit easily. Even if they keep making them larger.

Some armor on the tank but not much else besides the front skid which is very thick.

My garage was built in 1930 it’s very tight. The opening is 84” tall and 96” wide. I don’t need to fold mirrors in with a few inches on each side.
Great real World right up! 😆 “4.7 days of sun per year”, feel your pain. It’s great to see a family with child and a dog not afraid to order a two-door Bronco. I’ve seen dozens of post on social media we’re people say they must get a four-door because they have a child or a dog and all I could think was every single vehicle my parents had even a tiny Volkswagen station wagon was a two door and I in the German Shepherd had a blast riding in those vehicles. For the record I took measurements and it looks like it’s a tight fit but 150 quart igloo marine cooler can be shoehorned into the back of a two-door bronco behind the seat . Funny your build was the other choice for me if I did not order a First Edition. FORD is barely making a dime on the two door base model when you take into account everything that comes with it, definitely the best bang for your buck in the automotive world even a much better deal than buying a base two door wrangler especially when you consider the bronco comes standard with air-conditioning and power windows and locks and then the icing on the cake is the fact that you can get the Sasquatch package! Hope to see you folks on August 21 cruising in the Woodward dream cruise, I’ll be looking for you and will be living through you vicariously since I still don’t have a build date for mine.

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love your Bronco! almost the same as my initial order but oxford white. Changed to 4 doors with soft top as I love the way the Bronco looks top less but living in Houston is quite a challenge as you can get a rain from anywhere in your way to the beach and 2 doors doesn't offer a OEM soft top. But looking yours it makes my decision tumble once again.

It looks like you change your order from black diamond to Base sasquatch. Would you mind to explain why did you change?
Thank you! I love it too!

I had
Congrats and what a great review!
Curious how much space you had while pulling into the garage? Asking because my garage is even smaller and I’m wondering if I’ll fit. Thanks!
So there was just shy of 9" from top of the roof to the lowest part of the opening for the bay I park in. Width-wise, I have about 5" on each side from the mirror tips to the rubber stripping. I get really sweaty when I pull in 🥵

Sponsored
OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This post has some great info, thanks! And thanks for all the pics. Any chance you could measure to the bottom of the door sill? The last thing I need to figure out is if my wife will be comfortable getting in if I get the SAS. I can compare it to my Cherokee that I'm driving now. Hoping to be able to sit in one next week, but that measurement would be good enough to know...I think.
Just took the measurement, you're looking at basically 25-1/2" from the ground to the top of the door sill plastic cap. If I misunderstood what you were asking for, my apologies.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Size

Driving

Exterior

Interior

Infotainment

FordPass

BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE

Hey Pete if you could do me a favor when you get a chance, put the rear seat in its upright position and then take two measurements for me. I’d like to know the interior distance from the rear door lock bulge to the back of the rear seat at the floor
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch DELIVERED : 2 Door Base Sasquatch [UPDATE - NOW WITH MORE PICTURES & REVIEW] 87F90947-44B1-44EE-AA99-AF45BEF4678A
and then a second measurement from the top part of the rear door lock bulge and the back upper portion of the rear seat ? Thank you

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have a running list of your requests that I'm working through. I will get back to everyone with answers and pictures. For those of you that have requested pictures, my plan is to reply to you directly and then also include them in my initial post.

I do have to work in order to pay for this thing so my responses are going to be a bit slower during the week. Jobs right 🙄 haha!

Also, planning to get some Baja Designs S2 pros and get those wired up on the cowl position next to the mirrors.

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1929 Ford Model As - sedan & roadster
Your Bronco Model
Base
@BronchoPeat I've been really enjoying this thread as well since this is almost exact my order - except that I got the 2.7L - keep putting up photos! I've been saving them to look at and distract myself from how long it will be until I have one sitting in my driveway

Basequatch in carbonized grey looks fantastic - I dig the Sasquatch badge it gets, and that front end looks so good with the base headlights and blacked out grill. Love the shot in your garage with the amber running lights on.

Agree on the smaller screen - at the Off Roadeo event I was in a 2 door Badlands and I found the big screen kind of distracting - it was like a TV show was playing in my dash. That said I am coming from having a daily driver 2007 Dodge truck that has no high tech at all, and though in my head that doesn't sound so old, I guess it really is. It still has ashtrays and a cigarette lighter in it. This will be the first car for me with a screen of any kind.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you! I love it too!

I had

So there was just shy of 9" from top of the roof to the lowest part of the opening for the bay I park in. Width-wise, I have about 5" on each side from the mirror tips to the rubber stripping. I get really sweaty when I pull in 🥵
I will be sweating it out for sure. Thanks so much for the reply. Have fun with your new awesome ride!!
Sponsored