Sponsored

Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!!

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This past weekend we had the opportunity to demo a CO Badlands 2.3 manual with the standard package. Like most of you, my patience has been tested a bit throughout this entire process. I sold my 2013 manual JKU in hopeful anticipation of a summer 2021 delivery....Oh well, I was a bit off the mark. My frustration peaked a few times and almost caved after test driving a few JLU Rubicon's. Since this is a weekend vehicle for us, calmer heads prevailed and my patience was rewarded with this demo. I can safely say that the Bronco will be worth the wait.

For reference here are a few shots of the demo unit:
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627388833682

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627400768617

A few items that I have not seen discussed:

Dead pedal!! The Bronco has one ad it is perfectly placed-
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627409441023

The manual has a gear indicator. I have never seen this is in ANY manual I have ever driven -
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627404020137

Cyber Orange is stunning in person and looks very different depending on the light. The color was on the bottom of our list until we saw it in person. We liked it so much that we changed our order.....queue the school bus comments....

Here are a few pics to capture some of the colors personalities:

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627400881484

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627400922147

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627401035536

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627401107481

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627401134764

I have seen a few folks shine some negative light on the interior plastics . None of the dash and console plastics bother me at all. However, the cargo area plastics seem to be very prone to scratching.

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627401162933

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the 2.3 manual combo. Again, I was convinced that I needed the 2.7, but this demo proved otherwise. I cannot stress how fun this set up is. I never cared for the manual setup in the JKU as the clutch provided minimal feedback resulting in a drive by timing, soulless experience. This was the exact opposite, you truly feel connected to the drivetrain and have full control....plus it is FLIP FLOP Friendly!

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627400738437

We averaged 18.1 over the course of our normal driving experience with a good mix of highway and cruising time.
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627408820723

....and 17.7 including the getting heavy rowing, getting to know you the unit first 80 miles.
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627409109065

Other final thoughts....

The electronic steering is spot on an very precise. It allows for very confident positioning of the vehicle as well as making this heavy beast feel very nimble.

I was also very impressed with the ride quality is all of the conditions tested. Unfortunately , I did not test off road in respect to the dealer.

The standard stereo seemed to be decent with the top down, but lacked a bit with the top up. It is PLENTY loud and I was able to dial it in a bit. I believe most of the issue is a heavily biased front sound stage. I was able to balance it out a bit by shifting some of the fade to the rear. Interesting, I did not experience the coffee can effect others have reported, just a frequency range lacking in both the low mid and low ranges.

Cabin noise was not too bad with the soft top. I measured 73db at 81mph on my watch compared to 68 in the Expedition at the same speed

Bronco:
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627408701601

Expedition:
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 7MT Demo - Flip Flop Approved!! 1627408759133

My final gripe was the gauge cluster. The analog gauge is a total waste of space and the the digital tach is pretty ineffective. I would love to see this revised in the future.

All in all I was grinning from ear to ear all weekend and enjoyed every mile of our experience. If you are a manual leaning driver, I strongly suggest trying to get behind the wheel of the manual to experience it for yourself.

....and now for the remainder of my patient wait.

Happy Broncoing All!
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah totally sick of the ‘school bus’ comments. I don’t like A51 or Cactus gray but I don’t constantly piss and moan and harass those that do.

Aut-Lin

Black Diamond
First Name
Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The gear indicator is actually the coolest little easter egg! Did not know that was going to be a thing on the Bronco.

Also good to hear about the proper dead pedal! 👌

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome write up! Glad you had fun! 👍👍👍
Thanks, I did not want to give the keys back. Kudos to Sam Galloway Ford, I did not order from them and they did not pressure us in any way. They earned a Maverick order from us!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The gear indicator is actually the coolest little easter egg! Did not know that was going to be a thing on the Bronco.

Also good to hear about the proper dead pedal! 👌
Definitely a helpful tool to teach the kids how to grind some gears. We also discovered that it will auto start when you quickly hit the clutch after a stall.

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah totally sick of the ‘school bus’ comments. I don’t like A51 or Cactus gray but I don’t constantly piss and moan and harass those that do.
A51, Cactus Gray and Cyber Orange are all colors you need to experience in person. I like them all, but the only color of the 3 that will not get lost in a parking lot is the CO :ROFLMAO:

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool write up, thank you. My wife's Wrangler has the gear indicator on it, which was the first time I'd seen one. It is helpful.

Sponsored
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally agree about the gauges. Didn’t look at the analog speedometer once on my 7MT test drive, and I also found the digital tach to be less than ideal. Would be great if the analog speedometer could be swapped for a tach.

Edit: I still loved the 7MT and wouldn’t have my Bronco any other way (in case my username didn’t make that clear).

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So the manual gets a gear indicator, and the auto does not.........makes no sense.

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally agree about the gauges. Didn’t look at the analog speedometer once on my 7MT test drive, and I also found the digital tach to be less than ideal. Would be great if the analog speedometer could be swapped for a tach.
I am not even sire if that would work as I found my eyes drawn toward the digital center gauge. My eyes kind of ignored anything left of the center display.