2019 Ranger MPGs

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
So far with 2.5” RC level and 33” tires it’s atrocious! Last 2 tanks got only about 250 miles (400km) of range... but then again off-road rigs aren’t built for gas milage! Haha

Also need to consider that cold weather remote starts are mpg killers. I’m expecting to gain 50-60 miles of range this summer.
Sponsored

Vandave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger FX4 Lariat
I have about 600 miles on my truck so far and did a highway run on the weekend going about 70-75mph with cruise control. I got 23.5mpg on a relatively flat round trip of about 100 miles. My mileage in the City is low, but I live on a big hill and have a short commute.

CT801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Just got through the first 3/4's of a tank on mine...Good variety of city and highway...and on ramps...No auto start stop, no usage of the cruise control. 20.0 on the instrument reading, 19.1 by my calculations. Truck only has 460 miles on it thus far. I'm about 4500 feet above sea level.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Just got through the first 3/4's of a tank on mine...Good variety of city and highway...and on ramps...No auto start stop, no usage of the cruise control. 20.0 on the instrument reading, 19.1 by my calculations. Truck only has 460 miles on it thus far. I'm about 4500 feet above sea level.

There will be a noticeable change at the 1000 mile mark in mileage, and performance. (both depend on the weight of your foot).

CT801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
There will be a noticeable change at the 1000 mile mark in mileage, and performance. (both depend on the weight of your foot).
Yea...I've been trying to be nice...But those damn on ramps to the freeway...just begs to be floored. In the interest of getting up to speed and all.

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
My mileage updates .. this current tank is on 93, it’ll be interesting to see if I see a mileage increase .. seems to be a slight improvement in power

1EEC05CB-CF3A-4C28-98E3-D31A97D3CA96.jpeg

B359DC56-6B6E-48C7-8D66-233DF61311EF.jpeg

Kestrel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger XL Reg Cab 5-Speed
Hey guys, Any updates on this thread? Fuelly is only showing about 6-10 trucks listed all BELOW the 20MPG mark. Coming from a base model 2011 Ranger I have the new Ranger at the top of my list and am looking to buy late this year/early next year. Its honestly between the Ranger and Pro4X Nissan. I know the Nissan gets terrible MPG but can be had for ~20-23k used, would prefer a new truck but if the MPG is so similar then saving the cash on the Nissan would make more sense as 15k is a whole lot of gas! Anyone out there logging fuel not on Fuelly? Trip indicators dont show the whole story for full tank fill ups.

Thanks!

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, Any updates on this thread? Fuelly is only showing about 6-10 trucks listed all BELOW the 20MPG mark. Coming from a base model 2011 Ranger I have the new Ranger at the top of my list and am looking to buy late this year/early next year. Its honestly between the Ranger and Pro4X Nissan. I know the Nissan gets terrible MPG but can be had for ~20-23k used, would prefer a new truck but if the MPG is so similar then saving the cash on the Nissan would make more sense as 15k is a whole lot of gas! Anyone out there logging fuel not on Fuelly? Trip indicators dont show the whole story for full tank fill ups.

Thanks!
I log my fill ups in a small logbook. Most of the time my manual calculations are within .5 mpg of what the truck computer is showing. Most of my driving is combined city and highway 38 miles round trip to work each day. Currently averaging 23.5 in a 4X4 Supercrew Lariat over 1100 miles. Testing this tank at never exceeding 65 mph and am averaging over 24 mpg.

MPG can really vary depending on how you drive the vehicle, city versus sustained highway, climate and topography. I am getting a least what Ford advertised and am banking on a little better with the warmer weather. Live in South Georgia. We have some rolling hills, but nothing steep. Best fuel economy for me was coming home from Atlanta (4.5 hour trip) and getting 24.5 at 75 mph. Very happy here with the fuel economy.

Kestrel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats great to hear! I actually drive for better MPG and living in flat south Florida helps me out as well. I average about 25 - 26 MPG with my 2011 XL Ranger 5-speed base model. I was hoping to hear those numbers because I really want 4x4 (light offroading and camping) and modern engines are getting higher MPG numbers. Seems like a no-brainer nowadays to upgrade to a MUCH more capable truck!

Marc F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4

Thanks!
I am at about 1200 miles averaging 19.6 MPG but early on a lot of my driving was in 4WD and in the mountains. I am sure under normal circumstances it gets well above 20 MPG, especially after the initial break in period.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Mine is garbage, I only average around 18. But, I drive the hell out of my truck as I have all my cars. I’m not spending all that money to baby it. It is made to handle it IMO.

Kestrel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I respect that as well. I drive so far to work the cost will start to add up. I dont think 18MPG is terrible either for absolutely not caring about MPG, is yours 4x4? The Frontier gets ~18 babying the throttle so that is still very helpful.

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Started to read some real world MPG reviews on the Ranger and I'm quite disappointed. One of the main driving features for me getting a Ranger instead of a Tacoma was the engine and MPG. Guess I'll see for myself when I get the truck next week. Class leading MPG is false advertisement.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I respect that as well. I drive so far to work the cost will start to add up. I dont think 18MPG is terrible either for absolutely not caring about MPG, is yours 4x4? The Frontier gets ~18 babying the throttle so that is still very helpful.
Yes, mine is a Lariat 4x4 fx4. A 2 or 3 difference won’t affect my finances so I don’t really care. I bought the truck for the trail capability, more nimble behavior, etc. This truck is everything I hoped for and more.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Those in truck mpg computers need to be reset from time to time this can get stuck and stay on low mpg readings. I have to reset the one in my Escape every so often a dead give away is when the tens never change.
Sponsored