Sponsored

My take on the Mule Spy Shots (new webisode)

99Discovery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Discovery 2, 07 Hummer H3, 03 Range Rover
I honestly wasn't going to do another webisode on the Bronco until the full reveal, but my last two videos have been very successful (for me), and I attribute that to all the awesome folks in this forum. It's really one of the only places I link my videos.

Anyway, I've been out of town and still haven't caught up on the 2 page thread regarding the new spy shots, but I did check out the photos and tried to do some dimensioning and speculating. Hopefully you guys find it entertaining.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Awesome look! I can kind of confirm what you are saying. I have a pretty decent inside scoop at Ford, he is a bit cagey on information but he confirmed a bit about this mule. He did say there is a reason that they are hiding the rear axle and not the front suspension... that is what they are testing with this mule. There are several mules that are testing different aspects of the vehicle, however with the front suspension, it gets interesting. He said that Ford has actually not decided yet whether they want to do the double wishbone IFS, or if they are going to do the solid axle. He said some of the mules have the solid front, and some have the IFS and they have not green lit either design yet. We're just going to have to wait and see! The exterior design and powertrain is at this point locked-in, but the suspension we'll just have to wait!

OP
OP

99Discovery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Discovery 2, 07 Hummer H3, 03 Range Rover
Sweet! The enthusiasts collective heads are going to explode if a mule is posted with a solid front.

That would be shots across the bow to Jeep. It's been ages since the wrangler has had a direct competitor. But even if it's an IFS, I'm very interested (my future overland builds are all looking to be IFS unless by some miracle I find an affordable older G-wagon).

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great video!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might need to recheck some math based off the 18" rim. This seems to pretty clearly be the mid level Ranger rim, which is 17".

17in painted aluminum wheels 136B520C-98B4-5D2C-EAB8-9BBCEAB89BBC.jpg

17" painted/"chrome like" aluminum wheels for the Ranger have the same shape.

I'm getting around 100" for the wheelbase, and a 31" tire with that as a 17" wheel. 100" seems close to ideal for a 2-door with some type of jump seat in the back and a modest cargo slot.

However when I look just at what has been done to the bed of the truck, because the front end looks entirely stock Ranger, it would appear that only 16.5" had been removed in front of the arch -- which should leave the wheelbase at 110". 110 would be too much for a 2-door, but good for a 4-door (8" less than JLU, and slightly better than the current Everest 112"). Comparing the doors of the Ranger and Everest, the Aus SUV does have a shortened front door, and similar could be done with Bronco body work to squeeze both into 110-112, while this mule could indicate the Bronco body will have less of a booty (and hopefully none of those crossover-esque visibility-destroying swept pillars and windows).

stock vehicle.png

BroncoMule1.png

Everest true-red flipcrop.png

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have to give Ford credit. This little dribble is just enough to keep me on the hook. But of course, I want more. :)
Sponsored