Topper Shell

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Is anybody else planning on a topper shell for their Ranger?

I went into the Leer dealer in our town and he's telling my 4-9 months... hoping somebody else has better news. Maybe from a different manufacturer?
Sponsored

ajvester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra

I went into the Leer dealer in our town and he's telling my 4-9 months... hoping somebody else has better news. Maybe from a different manufacturer?
I am wondering the same thing. Hopefully, they can use the molds for the global version and get them out faster.

ajvester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
I emailed ARE this :
For the SEMA show, ARE is exhibiting a 2019 Ford Ranger (US Spec) with the CX Revo cap. When will caps for this vehicle be available for order? I have a new Ranger on pre-order and expect to take delivery this spring. I would like to get a cap ordered soon after delivery.​

They responded with no answer really.

Hello ajvester,

Thank You for inquiring about A.R.E truck Caps. We do not have a release date for this model truck as of now. Our engineers are working very hard on this to make it happen soon. All the local dealers will be updated of this info when it is released.

Thank You

A.R.EJ

JYC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner
I've seen ARE Z series vs Leer caps for Ford and I preferred the ARE because they required less attachment hardware going through the rear glass. It's been a few years though so maybe Leer design has changed.

OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Looking at the other ARE CX Revo caps, the rear window and side windows look pretty good.

spudlips

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford SuperCrew Lariat 4x4 - FX4, Sport, 501A, Trailer Towing, spray bed, etc

I had also contacted LEER, specifically about their 100XQ. I just received a response that “a number of outstanding” LEER caps will be available in April. However the 100XQ will not be one of them. I’m thinking A.R.E. CX Revo if that becomes available.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I'll be ordering an A.R.E. when I sell off my 95.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at the Bestop soft topper shell. They have the "supertop for truck 2" that's made for the GM twins. They say other models are being added quickly. Haven't called them yet, waiting for my truck to be delivered.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
D4664DA6-E25A-464E-BFC3-985AC0C96093.jpeg
ARE on my Tacoma, which I just sold yesterday was excellent in every way.
E7C05363-32CC-43E5-8B89-46CF727B00B6.jpeg

8CFC24AF-4F62-439E-9061-C5A4311B48EF.jpeg

PhysSDK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I wonder if snugtop will be out with one soon. They used to produce shells for the global ranger and export them, should be simple for them assuming the bed dimensions are exactly the same.

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
I have an ARE V series (cab high) with the aluminum frame windows and full width hinge rear door, on order. It should be in by May, I'm told. The CX REVO is very cool looking, but my concern was long term durability of the frameless windows and dual hinge rear glass over years of off-roading.

I currently have an ARE TW on my F250, and the aluminum frame windows and full width hinge rear door have held up to 8 years of abuse, being taken on and off the truck, getting beat up on washboard forest service roads, etc. The F250 suspension beats the hell out of everything. Also, my brother has an ARE MX series on his rock crawler setup Tacoma, with those same aluminum frame windows and full width hinge rear door, and it's been taking serious off-road beatings for years.

lobsta11

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 magnetic grey, 302A & tech pkg. 2019 is gone. XLT super cab, ingot silver, 302a, tow & tech packages
Considering ARE V series. Does anyone know if an XLT super cab with 302a & tech package & remote start unlocks the tailgate with the key fob?
Thanks
Al

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Considering ARE V series. Does anyone know if an XLT super cab with 302a & tech package & remote start unlocks the tailgate with the key fob?
Thanks
Al
I think so. If the doors are lock mine is locked. XLT should be the same

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
My XL tailgate lock only unlocks when all doors are unlocked, double tap.

The only cap I found available now is ARE V. I plan to wait until all caps are out to make a comparison.
Sponsored