First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
I had a look at a Ranger without any bed liners. The connector is there to add the12 volt outlet. The pigtail is just plugged off.
Any more details? Location?
Sponsored

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Magnetic
Any more details? Location?
Outboard frame rail. Drivers side rear just above the Leaf spring rear shackle. It has a termination cap installed (no wires). It is powered at all times regardless of key position although it may be controlled by the BCM. In which case the BCM will shut it down if there is excessive power draw.

I have ordered (what I think) are all the necessary parts to add the power socket. I will post photos and part numbers of the install for anyone interrested. Parts are coming from Detroit so it will be a few days.

93CE7827-A37D-4EBB-B1F6-7A943FDD7EBA.jpeg

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Outboard frame rail. Drivers side rear just above the Leaf spring rear shackle. I have ordered (what I think) are all the necessary parts to add the power socket. I will post photos and part numbers of the install for anyone interrested. Parts are coming from Detroit so it will be a few days.

This might be a great power source for aftermarket LED BED LIGHTS... I'll follow your install.

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This might be a great power source for aftermarket LED BED LIGHTS... I'll follow your install.
Yea. I really dont get why the Touchlink kit has you run a harness all the way up to the battery with a perfecty good power supply right under the bed. . Iā€™ll put a load on it and see how long it stays energized with the truck off and locked.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Outboard frame rail. Drivers side rear just above the Leaf spring rear shackle. It has a termination cap installed (no wires). It is powered at all times regardless of key position although it may be controlled by the BCM. In which case the BCM will shut it down if there is excessive power draw.

I have ordered (what I think) are all the necessary parts to add the power socket. I will post photos and part numbers of the install for anyone interrested. Parts are coming from Detroit so it will be a few days.

Youā€™re pretty brave to drill right into your new bed.

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Youā€™re pretty brave to drill right into your new bed.
Yea, The bed isnā€™t a virgin anymore with the Touchlink lighting install. So whatā€™s one more hole. Lol. I think I will keep a jumper pack plugged into it and bungee it to the neighboring bed cleat. Mine always seems to be dead when I need to use it.

Last edited:

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
...I have ordered (what I think) are all the necessary parts to add the power socket. I will post photos and part numbers of the install for anyone interrested.

Thanks for the details.

What do you think youā€™ll use that Power socket for? Air pump? Maybe hand vacuum? What else is it good for?

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the details.

What do you think youā€™ll use that Power socket for? Air pump? Maybe hand vacuum? What else is it good for?
On my Tacoma I used it a few times to run a pellet grill and tv for tailgating.

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my Tacoma I used it a few times to run a pellet grill and tv for tailgating.
Thanks for the details.

Almost forgot I have an ARB cooler. Iā€™ll have to check the specs for power consumption vs the outlet rating. I know for sure Iā€™ll be using it to inflate the kids water toys at the river.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Almost forgot I have an ARB cooler. Iā€™ll have to check the specs for power consumption vs the outlet rating. I know for sure Iā€™ll be using it to inflate the kids water toys at the river.
Can you please let me know what you find. I plan to install the same 12v outlet and use it to run an ARB 63qt in the bed.

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you please let me know what you find. I plan to install the same 12v outlet and use it to run an ARB 63qt in the bed.
Just posted the install. See link above. The outlet is rated at 20 amps. I have yet to test the cooler on it but I know its no where near that. Its Around 6 amps. The only thing that may happen though is the BCM may shut down the power port if it is used for an extended period of time with the engine off. Part of the auxiliary power management. YMMV

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Just posted the install. See link above. The outlet is rated at 20 amps. I have yet to test the cooler on it but I know its no where near that. Its Around 6 amps. The only thing that may happen though is the BCM may shut down the power port if it is used for an extended period of time with the engine off. Part of the auxiliary power management. YMMV
Thanks! I realized I didnā€™t need to be as worried about the fridge as the battery. Iā€™ll be using this to charge a Goal Zero 400 while driving with the fridge plugged in and powered by the goal zero. Iā€™ll be using solar when not driving and the battery will provide at least a day of power to the fridge so I should be good. I was hoping so, my entire plan hinges on this 12v bed adapter.

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I realized I didnā€™t need to be as worried about the fridge as the battery. Iā€™ll be using this to charge a Goal Zero 400 while driving with the fridge plugged in and powered by the goal zero. Iā€™ll be using solar when not driving and the battery will provide at least a day of power to the fridge so I should be good. I was hoping so, my entire plan hinges on this 12v bed adapter.
You should be good to go then. All the Ford part #ā€™s are listed on the install thread.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Everything I have wanted so far is cheaper to not order but add yourself later.
Sponsored