Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyways the official "big muddy cover" outline debut of the Bronco - which is supposed to be a shape that is finalised - shows rounded wheel arches.
I keep seeing this sentiment being quoted, and I'm not certain where it came from.
Sponsored

usza200

Black Diamond
First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK guys, maybe it's not official, but then why would Ford tease us with that specific shape and outlines, and then make major changes of the final product. My guess is a lot of people would turn away from the new Bornco if it won't be at least that size and shape. Just my opinion.
But I read somewhere that the shape hidden under the rug is supposed to be the final one. At least someone mentioned on the forum that Ford has already got to the final size / shape / looks of the Bronco, and that it is the one already under the muddy cover. If not, then maybe Ford will come to a final product similar to the "mutant" from the spyshots. Just to cut production costs.
But then I am sure that I'm turning away from it. Maybe even opting for the Suzuki Jimny 2018/2019 model, which - being tiny and with small / weak engine - but at least it is a decent offroader, with body on frame, manual tranny, 2 WD rear, 4WD high and low selectable with the stick, pricetag at around $ 20k. With aftermarket rear diff lock and a bunch of aftermarket accessories.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
March 15, 2018 - Image of tarped clay model released.

~ October, 2018 - Silhouette of boxy SUV shape displayed at Dealer meeting in Las Vegas (aka "leaked Baby Bronco images").

• FAA/AA1 was reached several months ago, meaning final exterior design was settled on.
  • FDJ/PA was completed by November 2018, meaning final design was frozen for production and now prod. grade in execution.
To answer your question, yes - from the leaked Baby Bronco images, the Bronco silhouette you see is the U725 clay model pre-freeze.
(emphasis added)

All this to say, the tarped model was presented at least several months prior to design finalization. The silhouette is even more obscure than the tarped model, making comparisons on anything beyond a partial 2-dimensional side profile purely speculative. And even this silhouette is concieveably not the final.

No, I don't think they would make a radical design departure at such a late stage, but there is a lot we haven't seen, and what we have seen may have been changed in subtle ways, or less likely, not so subtle ways - we simply don't know. Some extrapolation is fine for discussion, but Internet assumptions that evolve into legend could set some people up for surprise if not disappointment. I'm hoping for a miracle similar to the Mustang retro design - if they draw elements from the early Bronco as well and tastefully as they did with the Mustang project, I could be very happy with the body design... but we won't know until we see some pretty solid evidence.

usza200

Black Diamond
First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes Mike you are right, thanks for the clarifications :blush: and yes let's hope Ford will manage to come out with a design that is acceptable for a wide range of possible customers. Then there still are other facts / details to consider, like IFS and engine specs and so on...

Oh I forgot about the Jimny, that it is soloid axle front and rear ;) so at least that is final. Unfortunately it is not sold yet on mainland Europe, but it arrives soon. I'm definitely going to check / test it when arrives to the local dealers.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes Mike you are right, thanks for the clarifications :blush: and yes let's hope Ford will manage to come out with a design that is acceptable for a wide range of possible customers. Then there still are other facts / details to consider, like IFS and engine specs and so on...

Oh I forgot about the Jimny, that it is soloid axle front and rear ;) so at least that is final. Unfortunately it is not sold yet on mainland Europe, but it arrives soon. I'm definitely going to check / test it when arrives to the local dealers.
We are going to Icland in Oct19! The one thing I told my wife for the rental was to rent a Jimny! haha!! We don't get those in the states.

usza200

Black Diamond
First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you mean Iceland or really Icland. Because the latter is a village in Transylvania, actually about 10 miles from my place ;) But Iceland is far away :):crying:

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you mean Iceland or really Icland. Because the latter is a village in Transylvania, actually about 10 miles from my place ;) But Iceland is far away :):crying:
haha!! Yeah...typo. Meant Iceland!

usza200

Black Diamond
First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
;) all right, I thought so. Well have fun there with or without the Jimny.

DaveCFPrez

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco
Haven't seen this rendering posted yet. Saw it over on caranddriver dot com.

Except for the windshield angle it looks pretty close to the only picture (blanketed) Ford has released.

Thoughts?

2020_bronco.JPG

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't seen this rendering posted yet. Saw it over on caranddriver dot com.

Except for the windshield angle it looks pretty close to the only picture (blanketed) Ford has released.

Thoughts?

2020_bronco.JPG
Some clear superduty design in the front end, which fits the blocky retro look better than the Ranger, but still not particularly Bronco. The proportions are right, and I appreciate that this render has streetable sized tires and not something ridiculous, but the wheels look like some blingtastic 22's and not remotely worthy of going off road.

The belt line is way too high, another design carry over common to the full size trucks. I get that it helps with side impact safety or whatever, but I HATE loosing window real estate, especially when you carry this philosophy over to a SUV or cars. You can't see the ground next to the vehicle or use the window sill as an armrest. Good for safety, terrible for everything else.

That notch in the roof line and windshield ... why? Pointless design element that would make the interior less useful and appealing. It appears on phones out of necessity related to available space, here it both looks bad and is also pointless. And the rear window having the "ski ramp" upswept corner ... same nonsense as above, stealing window real estate for no reason. Admittedly this one does less of it than most, but still, there is no reason for drastically rounding corners off windows. It's a common design element that looks dumb, and I wish auto designers would stop doing it.

The blacking out and color matching seems to have been half thought out. I get that they're trying to evoke images of topless Bronco's, but then why is the B pillar blacked out, or why isn't the roofline over the front door blacked out? They should match for either a full top off, or a FSB with the rear topper off, but it came out a nonsensical half of one half of the other mismatch.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only good news about that worthless speculation renderguess is the grille is modular: someone could easily make a less eye-raping retro replacement in the aftermarket.

Skifryan

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All of these renders miss the mark on the styling of the new Bronco. They look like a continuation of the 90’s Bronco/explorer instead of a remake of the 60’s/70’s Bronco’s. look to the leaked baby bronco pictures for clues on the styling, there’s no way the new bronco doesn’t have those circular headlights.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of these renders miss the mark on the styling of the new Bronco. They look like a continuation of the 90’s Bronco/explorer instead of a remake of the 60’s/70’s Bronco’s. look to the leaked baby bronco pictures for clues on the styling, there’s no way the new bronco doesn’t have those circular headlights.
Agreed. If they went through the trouble to include EB styling queues on the Baby/Maverick, you can bet the 6G Bronco is going to have them too.

Most of the misguided renders seem to start with an F150 Raptor or some other fullsize.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unfortunately, we won't know - for certain - if the Raptoresque renderguesses are misguided or not until we see something official. I'm really hoping that the design team applied the same strategy to the Bronco as they did to the Mustang redux. While I'm not a rabid Mustang enthusiast, I felt as though they completed those projects in very good spirit, capturing the essence of the early cars and tastefully melding it with everything required by both consumers and government regulators.

We know they can do just about everything on the wish list - removable top, vintage styling cues, potent powertrain and rugged drivetrain... it's just a matter of what the conductor is going to allow the band to get away with and how effectively it comes together when played in concert.
Sponsored