HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Since my 2018 Mustang GT was totaled, I’m seriously considering trading in my 2011 F-150 Super crew 4x4 for a Bronco.

I know there is a lot we don’t know, but with that said, who is looking at buying a new Bronco and why would you not?

For me, if it looks very similar to the renderings, has removable doors/roof, and is at all off road capable, I’m in.

I’m not hung up on a V8 or solid axles. Heck, I would not rule out a diesel or hybrid.
Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know where you're coming from but man is it ever going to get here. Ford is being way to tight lipped about it after teasing us it was coming. FORD give us something a rendering, a camo shot of the real thing not a cobbled up ranger but something.

OP
OP
HTX1811

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m with you 100% on that. I have a 4x4 I can drive so the wait is not a factor but come on Ford. Just like the GT500. Media days, test drives but no final power numbers or pricing.

For me it’s a want vs need for sure. My 2011 only has 130,000 miles and I just replaced the front hubs and vacuum lines for the 4x4 along with the transfer case shift motor. The 5.0 still runs strong and it’s paid for.

New trucks are nice until that first payment. Lol.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been in the market for the Bronco for quite some time. But, like many I've grown tired of waiting for Ford to give us something viable to hang our hats on. So, I just bought a new Wrangler. The Bronco could, if built correctly, move me out of the Wrangler into a Bronco. But, only time will tell.

OP
OP
HTX1811

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've been in the market for the Bronco for quite some time. But, like many I've grown tired of waiting for Ford to give us something viable to hang our hats on. So, I just bought a new Wrangler. The Bronco could, if built correctly, move me out of the Wrangler into a Bronco. But, only time will tell.
I saw you bought the Wrangler. With me having a 4x4 beater I’m in for the long haul wait it is looking like.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... who is looking at buying a new Bronco and why would you not? ...
There are several factors, some weighed more heavily than others.

• Looks -- if it has lots of EB styling and classic SUV proportions and shapes like the R&T render -- this is potentially a make or break factor. -- an area Bronco could edge out Wrangler
  • Power -- a fairly simple and reliable NA power plant would be preferred, but I'll take a turbo if I think it can play nice off road. I'm only looking for hp&tq around or over 300, so Ford has several viable options, if the tuning is done right -- this is a major item, but on its own won't ruin the potential -- ... exception to the above, I have absolutely zero ******* interest in an electric for this vehicle. Trying to push me into some hybrid/electric nonsense will auto disqualify, and the penalty for trying to force me into some wheezy little compact car engine for a 2+ ton suv with 33+" tires will have similar results -- one area Ford could significantly beat Jeep, if they were sufficiently motivated to do so
  • Rugged & Capable OHV -- I don't really care how they achieve it, as long as it can do some serious offroading with little-moderate modification -- some systems can more plausibly achieve this -- long term I'm willing to do an axle swap if everything else is desirable -- an area Bronco seems likely to lose to Wrangler
  • NVH and Top/Door Convenience -- largely surrounding aerodynamics noise and what kind of 'removable' systems are employed -- could be a toss up between Bronco and Wrangler, Jeep has experience but Ford has fewer design legacy constraints -- relatively minor concern
  • Style/Tech Options -- largely unknown on the part of Bronco, there are some things like Stop/Start and Push Button Start etc they are both likely to have that I don't care for -- Wrangler will stomp Bronco in aftermarket support for at least a few years, but I don't plan to do any heavy modifications until the warranty runs out anyway -- a category where the 'winner' has fewer negatives

At this point with so little known about the Bronco, it is really Ford's game to lose. I came into it with a slight preference for the styling and engine a Bronco could offer, but Ford could still fail if they screw up the off road capability and fumble some other features.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At this point with so little known about the Bronco, it is really Ford's game to lose. I came into it with a slight preference for the styling and engine a Bronco could offer, but Ford could still fail if they screw up the off road capability and fumble some other features.
Exactly. I'll buy a Bronco if it's done "right" (or close enough) by my criteria. As of this moment, one would get the same response if asked if I'm in the market for a miniature rainbow unicorn - we don't know what it looks like or what it can do, so there is no basis for a decision.

I would like a smaller truck for around town and local exploring. So there's a vacancy in my fleet, if that's what you mean.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lease Year1. If awesome, buy Year 3

bigdedition

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 1985 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, if ain't done right i'll be getting a Ranger instead but I am holding out until that time. The timing is great because I have another 1.5 year of payments om my current SUV

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm just hoping Ford is paying attention to this forum. The underlying theme I see is "if it's done right". I'm in that same camp. I don't want a weak upgraded "mommy mobile", nor will I have one. As Stampede said, it's Fords game to lose.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely in the market. I've been in the market since they discontinued the Bronco as I got my licence back in 96.

If all the rumors and what they are teasing so far are true then I'm all in. I'm 99% sure it's not going to be a grocery getter at this point.
If it looks at all like the concept on this site then I'm excited and can't wait to get it. Hearing it's going to have a removable roof in some aspect and there will be a two door version checks off two major check points for me.

I'm actually interested in a hybrid powered one but only if its got some solid horse power. I think that can be a game changer if they do it right. But that's a big if.

At this point they can only disappoint me and fall short on expectations they have given me. I have an old 03 Tacoma so that should still last me through this nail biting wait. It's been 23 years :headbang: I can wait one more I suppose.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am interested but no 4 cylinder, must be two door, solid axles a plus. And have decent room inside, interior room on the wrangler is tight

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll get one if it's done correctly both from a capability and looks standpoint. Removable roof/doors would be nice as well. And by me buying one, I mean my wife will steal it and I'll be driving her Accord :facepalm:

usza200

Black Diamond
First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not anymore, I found a used FJ Cruiser, and it suits my (and the family) needs :blush::like: I'm going to modify it a little bit further, and than that's it.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not anymore, I found a used FJ Cruiser, and it suits my (and the family) needs :blush::like: I'm going to modify it a little bit further, and than that's it.
We never saw big sales numbers for the FJ here in the US, how would you say it did there?
Sponsored