Sponsored

U725 2021 MY Ford Bronco Information

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • April 2019 are when the first VP1s come off pilot plan, meaning spy shots are coming by May.

I guess technically we've seen "spyshots", but was hoping for a bit more..............:)
Sponsored

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bro... what are you a professional vehicle tester?
I've found posts on over 20 automotive websites where he posts that.
Well I’ve purchased over 20 new vehicles in the last five years so it’s possible.
No, I Lied, Sorry, we average 1 a year... I was being just as Ridiculous as JimmyDean trying to Internet me down...20 Automotive Sites, even if it was true, who cares, LOL!

BTW, I'm a French Model!

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bonjour. Lol.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was being just as Ridiculous as JimmyDean trying to Internet me down...20 Automotive Sites, even if it was true, who cares, LOL!
Haha, I was just trying to figure out what that meant, found it kind of funny that the only person I could find using it was you, but across a lot of different sites, nothing wrong with that. On one of them you had explained what it meant to someone else who had asked the question.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Haha, I was just trying to figure out what that meant, found it kind of funny that the only person I could find using it was you, but across a lot of different sites, nothing wrong with that. On one of them you had explained what it meant to someone else who had asked the question.
Most of the time I use thread tools to subscribe. But using N4UPD8S does two things. It automatically subscribes me to a thread I’m interested in. It sends a notification to everyone who has previously subscribed or posted in the thread that is slowing or in danger of dying. Maybe someone has some interesting information to add or update thus preventing another new thread from being posted asking basically the same questions in the existing thread.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 2.3 ecoboost is a turbo 4, like that which is in the current ranger, mustang and focus RS (obviously there are slight variations but essentially the same turbo-4 architecture) If you heard rumors of a V6 ecoboost it would be something else, not the 2.3. Though it is basically guaranteed that at least one of the engine options will be the 2.3 ecoboost
This was discussed already, please go back and read the rest of this thread..........

Mile630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Having a hard time waiting for this thing. Might be headed the route of Jeep rubicon.

Sponsored

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought they let some dealers see it several months ago??

OP
OP
Carmaker1

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • April 2019 are when the first VP1s come off pilot plan, meaning spy shots are coming by May.
I guess technically we've seen "spyshots", but was hoping for a bit more..............:)
Judging by my other last posts in February, that was probably a careless typo I forgot to align with my other posts. In my other posts I actually didn't identify that (May) as an absolute.

The cobbled together P375 Ranger-based vehicles you are seeing are M1s, not VP1s and those M1s were running well before my suggested timeframe, first being seen publicly in late February. There are multiple phases of prototyping at Ford, so I must clarify that VP1s are in example, 2021 MY compact offroader as "seen" publicly.

There are U725 VP1s, but why you're not seeing them yet...very strategic internal reasoning for it, which some of you have hit on regarding your time related frustration.

P702 VP1s came off the the line at DTP on April 22 and well before that, I stated similar, to likely expect May spy shots. It certainly happened, because it doesn't serve me well to make things up. Especially that I have spoken about the next F150 (plus P703 Ranger) elsewhere in depth and as I suggested, it did appear in that case as soon as it was VP1 ready.

The Bronco is different, as was the compact (which wasn't supposed to be leaked). Some other aspects are involved in why, which I won't get into. (read between...)

But I will say, I have been well aware of unfair criticism (attacking my credibility) from other posters (not OX1), in my absence. Clearly I do not run Ford nor R&D at the glass house, so information is always going to be limited of course and also limited in content for sensitive reasons.

On one hand I do commend Nickp on their efforts to keep you all informed as best as they can. I also commend you @OX1, for at least being fair and know that the majority of my post, is not addressed to you.
Sponsored