personally I doubt if Dirt Mountain warrants a King or Queen, or even Prince - such a puny undesirable realm - maybe the titles of Duke, or Marquis, Earl, Viscount, . . or Barons would be more appropriate
- according to a Ford source . . availability of replacements:
'MB3E-6007-AA . . running complete assembly . . running completes are all but unobtainium.'
- as posted earlier, the part#'s for the heads (i.e. entire head assembly) are definitely changing, both Left and Right - this...
Yes, & others mentioned, there's a huge difference between that table and these failures we're tracking here. That Top 10 table refers to engine failures over vehicle lifetime - not just the first 3k miles. Someone here said "watch-out Land Rover, we're comin' for you". But presently Bronco may...
- the engine temp just got a little warmer
- we got engine ser# for line# 30 - 21181
- & now have 17 out of 21 sequence#'s
- still working two more engine ser#'s
- in OP, the table is updated, but not the graphs yet
Yes, the X-Y plot includes only the 19 engines which we have both mileage and engine build-date - see table in OP
- we still don't have ebd for lines #31, #30, #27 - and others earlier
- however, the Histogram on right border includes all 25 of the mileage data we have - not just...
@Snowdogyyz had some T-shirts done-up -
- to be awarded selected B6g members
Okay, that was my weekend joke for a Friday evening having a beer, but this is big worry for many people - need to stay focused
- definitely - a few months ago there was a post - talking about Ford's lab testing the 2.7's, he said "they keep blowing them up on the dyno, but can't figure out why" - or similar to this
- wish I'd bookmarked it
- maybe in @estone28 repair thread
in OP - added anonymous reporting option
Confidential Reports - to report a blown engine, anonymously
- send private message to 'Lucchese'
- use B6g Conversation -->> envelope button [✉] upper right toolbar
- send engine ser# - (see label photos in OP)
- or send last-8 digits of VIN
- only full engine replacements stay on the list
- a few cases from this week still waiting Service Dept diagnosis, but all are described as full engine replacement so far
- when the engine grenades, the coolant spills
- determining root causes after the fact - valves, springs, lifters, timing...
Confidential Report - line# 29 in OP
- we have another new report - confidential source
- engine build-date 21133 (May 13)
- this new data-point extends B6g build-date tracking range on the low end
- this confidential report has been 100% confirmed independently, we have the VIN and the engine ser#
Summary for Today - so far
- today have three new blown engines to add in OP - now 31 total
1) @ScottTexas - need engine ser#, or last-8 VIN
- ?? same as Scott Yuen on fb ??
2) @matthiggins - need engine ser#, or last-8 VIN
3) Confidential - have VIN & engine ser#
Updates of existing...
Brice . . Man, can you ask @Broncitis to share the last-8 of his VIN ? (Nov 5 blown engine in OP - line# 18)
- he could send it to me by DM, so I can lookup the engine build-date on his Nov 5 blown engine, all private & confidential of course -
And much thx these screenshots from Scott Yuen...
- yes, in upper graph you see there are two days w 3-fails on the same day (209 & 224), and day 166 has 2-fails on same day
- in lower graph, you see the avg(mean) failure-mileage is ~ 2230, the highest so far is 4500, so def appears some type of 'infant mortality' problem
- ? total blown...