FJ Cruiser
COLOR
Black Cherry
ENGINE
4.0L V6
MODS - EXTERIOR
Baja Utility Rack, Autohome Maggiolina Roof Top Tent
MODS - INTERIOR
Removed rear seats and replaced with platform. Croc-3 Aluminum Slider.
HISTORY, STORY, EXPERIENCE, COMMENTS
250,000 miles and 48 States later, this beast has taken us everywhere to sight see and camp.

Comments

I still love my FJ after 13 years. I will give it to Ford though, they have provided a worthy rival in the new Bronco.
I'm in the same boat with my 2007 FJC with over 200K miles. Had the opportunity to snatch up a 2014 with 40K miles, but at $32K, I decided it's time to try something else. I've been wanting an open-air/convertible truck for awhile--other than the FJ40.

I'm in the same boat with my 2007 FJC with over 200K miles. Had the opportunity to snatch up a 2014 with 40K miles, but at $32K, I decided it's time to try something else. I've been wanting an open-air/convertible truck for awhile--other than the FJ40.
That open -air/ convertible design was the first thing that caught my eye in the new Bronco. Two operable windows in the FJ were never enough for me and opening the rear window to drive was a pain. I look forward the wind and the sky option in the Bronco. Mt wife drives a 2016 Highlander with a panoramic sunroof and it is my favorite feature in the Highlander. I will admit, however that there are some other creature and safety features in the Highlander that I will be ordering on my Bronco as well. The Bronco check off list of options straight out of the factory is a brilliant concept. I must now balance fiscal responsibility with my list of everything that the FJ was lacking.

I've owned 3 Toyota trucks, '87, '90, and currently an '83. Mileage 280k, 350k, and 210k. The '87 required a head gasket and the '90 a timing chain/guides. I also hope the Bronco can some close to the same reliability as the Toyotas. But, kinda doubt it.

Don't we wish that Bronco could be as reliable. I am impressed with the fact that Ford has done their homework and research. It seems that they have thoroughly examined the pros and cons of Jeeps, Toyotas and other competitors. If the reliability matches what we have seen so far in design, things will get real interesting.

Item information

Added by
tomwill
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Other Vehicles

Share this item

Advertisement