Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There were climbers when I was there in October.
Thatโ€™s awesome. I went in January, no one else was there early in the morning. I went about halfway up the boulder area but turned around since it was covered in snow and I couldnโ€™t tell where the holes were, haha.

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of the photos here really professional quality and it awes me to see the beauty, skill and talent on display......our county has lots of amazing places and talented folks.

When I was young, my family didn't travel by any means other than by car. At the time, flying anywhere was prohibitively expensive, so the car was our means of transport...and my mom loved to just go. I can recall packing our big station wagon (or rather, my parents packing the wagon) early in the morning with pillows and blankets and cramming us in the back without seatbelts (yikes) so we could sleep while my dad put lots of early morning miles behind us. We would stop at Cracker Barrel or Stuckeys and eat. We would stop in small towns with roadside motels or hotels with cold pools so we could swim in the evenings. We'd stop at roadside stands and buy apples, peaches and whatever other vegetables or fruits were available. I wish I loved tomatoes then as I do now.

My parents took many photos of the trips and kept track of them in slides and we'd often get out the projector and about 10 round cartridges of photos and click through them in order, knowing what photos would come next.

After my dad passed away and we were moving my mom to memory care (Alzheimer's really stinks), my siblings and I were cleaning out my moms house and came across a random plastic bin full of folders with tabs for many of the US States and in those folders were various pamphlets for the interesting sights or other things near the places we had stopped for sleep, gas or bathroom breaks. The pamphlets were my parents way of remembering the trips they took. My mom couldn't recall much about the bin or whether my folks ever opened it up and reminisced about their trips, and I wonder if seeing the bin stirred any good memories....

I've attached three photos. The first is a photo in Carlsbad NM that my parents took in the spring of 1968. It is grainy and taken with a cheap camera, and it is always the photo my sister, brother and I remember the most from all the photos and slides we have. I'm the youngest in the middle, with the dirty shorts. It's just a great memory. The second and third are photos of the camper my wife and I bought years ago and the scenery at a campsite just outside of Crested Butte - "Oh Be Joyful". A fitting name.

My wife and I have tried to create the memories with our kids by driving around Colorado with the pop up camper and staying in really beautiful places, taking hikes, and seeing towns, etc. I wonder if in 40 years they will remember these trips? I think so.

Go have a great weekend. Be safe. Be kind. Get lots of goofy photos of your kids in sombreros. They WILL thank you some day.
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ† Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America Three Amigos Carlsbad  NM Spring '68
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ† Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America camper
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ† Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America oh be joyful 2

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ† Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America 7FF8686D-5A53-4B41-94CC-98B7CCEE497E

This is a photo from Grand Teton National Park 10 years ago when I moved back across country after living in OR a decade. My then wife-to-be and stepdaughter flew out to OR and we did an epic road trip across country as I moved back to my home state of MA to be with my wife and closer to my family.

Sponsored

Catmandu1999

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Triumph Spitfire
Your Bronco Model
Base
In 1998, my first summer as a stay at home dad, we desperately needed to escape the Texas heat in August. We planned a three week stay in the Sierraโ€™s. For the trip out, my brother helped me with a 24 hour power drive westward while the family flew out. For the return, my wife had to get back to work right away, so I loaded up my 1997 F250 LD Supercab with two young children and a black lab for three 8 hour drive days. I found interesting stops every few hours, and my kids did great. One of our last stops was the Cadillac Ranch, the kids singing along as I blasted some Springsteen on the cassette deck as we pulled up. I had loaded my late 80โ€™s Canon SLR with a roll of 35mm B&W I stumbled upon, couldnโ€™t resist taking this photo with a long lens after walking back towards the car to โ€œgive some privacyโ€:
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ† Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America 4540401A-972C-4B1C-B894-BB70EB5CAE48

My son hangs a copy of this photo in his bathroom to this day, so I donโ€™t feel guilty at all posting it. :)

Crappy Y2K scan of a print, so Iโ€™ll just have to order my own shirt (once the one I need is back in stock).

Orlo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ† Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America IMG_5016.JPG

Just turned 50 and my wife gifted me with a road trip to Moab, Utah, to visit a couple of the national parks. First night fresh off the road, we went into Arches NP where the lighting was perfect to grab a long exposure photo of a couple of hikers with headlamps taking a twilight hike. My wife and I waited for them to ascend from their hike and gifted them with this photo and found out it was their third wedding anniversary. IG @orlovichphotography

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where in AL?
High falls park, near Geraldine. My kids go swimming there on occasion... but this was taken on my way back from a weekend in Mentone, Al.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ† Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America 3730A840-CB1E-4854-A0F8-D71E90E1367B
Kodiak, Ak
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ† Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America C237E8F9-767C-4F3B-9338-7353B8EE36DB

Moose Pass, on the way to Anchorage from Homer
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ† Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America 1CE2A247-A420-40E7-8D12-84D362C8C1C0

Pasagshak, Kodiak Ak
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ† Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America E3C6BCBF-28A3-44F3-8796-5AC7E4942245

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ† Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America 9D005336-0691-4842-A4E9-C13619C8D634

Alaska/Canada, somewhere on the ALCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.