Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You're from Buffalo? You could bite the bullet and buy from a local dealer. This is the last year for price protection. The Granger discount won't be worth in moving forward.
Not as many Broncos coming this direction as you would think. Unfortunately.
Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If that's the case why did Ford just say that dealer stock units will continue???? :unsure:
You did see where I put in all caps CHANCE?

It looks as though Ford is trying to do the "right thing" by not taking any new orders until the carryovers are taken care of. I guess production will depend on the shortages.

Fingers crossed, they get their act together and take care of those waiting the longest.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"There is a CHANCE that Ford might have enough carryovers from '22 to fill the entire production run for all of '23."

This is true to an extent, but that depends on if Ford has the parts to keep the line moving without gaps, and we all know the odds of that are almost nil. So when they need to fill those gaps when they don't have towing for example, Ford will build stock units.

Your friends dealership is small and may not get any stock units if all his allocation can be filled with orders that are built. So, speaking of himself, he may be right while bigger dealerships will get stock units.

Unless Ford can keep the line moving building only orders. Who thinks that'l happen?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You did see where I put in all caps CHANCE?

It looks as though Ford is trying to do the "right thing" by not taking any new orders until the carryovers are taken care of. I guess production will depend on the shortages.

Fingers crossed, they get their act together and take care of those waiting the longest.
From Ford " In order to continue prioritizing early order holders, we will not be taking new retail orders when the 2023 order bankopens. Prospective customers may still be able to purchase a Bronco from dealer stock orders, which we anticipate willbe available in limited quantities on lower demand trims and options. We will continue to monitor the order bank status throughout the process and will provide an update on the retail order bank opening in Q4.

If by "CHANCE', you mean less that 1%, my apologizes.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So a little dealership out of Iowa is better?

Listen, I like the Granger dealership. But to complain that Ford didn't send all these Broncos to a city with 1,600 is borderline insane. Of course they weren't going to let people game the system. And to expect and demand otherwise, or to complain for years, is just obnoxious.

Granger, IA is a city of 1,600. I bet you'd be better off getting it local. Mind boggling how everyone expected Ford to send all their Broncos to BFE.

Are you even saving money with the associated travel?
$5,000 plus difference at this point

Sponsored

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$5,000 plus difference at this point
If you get it. Good luck, I guess. Also, that's not Granger. That's Ford's price protection. Granger is either $1k or $2k. And waiting this long? And how much is it gonna cost to pick up and bring home?

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just the price of gas to drive home. I have points on my card, so no big deal….Don’t even have the option of going somewhere else 🤷‍♂️

A base model will. Now cost $1,500 more than my Big Bend.

It seems that you are taking this personal. At the time of reservations, nobody knew about allocations. As with most people, thought it was a direct order.

BTW, $2k under invoice is approx $3,500 in savings by itself…..

Last edited:

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just the price of gas to drive home. I have points on my card, so no big deal….Don’t even have the option of going somewhere else 🤷‍♂️

A base model will. Now cost $1,500 more than my Big Bend.

It seems that you are taking this personal. At the time of reservations, nobody knew about allocations. As with most people, thought it was a direct order.

BTW, $2k under invoice is approx $3,500 in savings by itself…..
Not personal. And sorry, I shouldn't unload on you as you're perfectly pleasant. Just tired of seeing so many Granger orders complaining about "800" days or some ish.

I hope it's worth the wait for you. It's a great truck. I just personally wouldn't do it. Especially as if you don't get it this next year, you lose price protection. And it looks like 75% of Granger's remaining orders won't be filled this year.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not personal. And sorry, I shouldn't unload on you as you're perfectly pleasant. Just tired of seeing so many Granger orders complaining about "800" days or some ish.

I hope it's worth the wait for you. It's a great truck. I just personally wouldn't do it. Especially as if you don't get it this next year, you lose price protection. And it looks like 75% of Granger's remaining orders won't be filled this year.
Yeah, Unfortunately that is the reality for many of us. Although I am sure there is some type of protection of sorts for a consumer price protection, but who knows....I foresee some type of Class Action Lawsuit coming Ford's direction should they cancel price protection and cancel a bunch of people's orders. Even with the fine print of this does not guarantee a sale of a vehicle. In today's day and age, that wording will have no impact in court. Everyone who has a reservation and an order in, has a reasonable expectation of a Bronco Sale at the price that it was ordered and dealership of choice.

The other reality is that most of us, even if we wanted to move our order, do not have the ability to do so, which means Granger or bust.....At least until the 4th Quarter, where we will be raked over the coals with MY23.5 pricing anyway.....

I think if dealerships had to maintain MSRP pricing, no ADMs, most people would be able to go to these high volume dealerships and pick up a Bronco right off the lot. Unfortunately if there is a Bronco on a dealership's lot, it has a $5k-$20k markup. I am not sure about other's financial profiles, but I'm already at my limit.

I just read that here in Western NY, National Fuel announced its prices are expected to double as we go into winter and National Grid has announced that its prices are going up by around 40% this winter.....I just saw another article about another Federal Rate Hike.....Things are about to get serious......So wants are about to get shifted to needs really quickly for me and I am sure many more.....The wave that all of these dealerships have been riding is about to come to a grinding halt.....And people like myself will remember which dealerships were offering MSRP or less and which dealerships were trying to take advantage me by trying to charge an ADM. All while also low balling (thousands under KBB) the trade in value of my vehicles.

Sorry, got off on a tangent, hehe.....

Last edited:

Vicman12

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future- 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands now-Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just told by my dealer that if I change my engine (I ordered a V6) to a 2.3 I would lose my Price protection. Should i wait for more information from Ford on this ? Before I submit my order with my dealer ?

Sponsored

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just told by my dealer that if I change my engine (I ordered a V6) to a 2.3 I would lose my Price protection. Should i wait for more information from Ford on this ? Before I submit my order with my dealer ?
I was told that customers just changing the color showed a 3k increase. I’m not changing anything at this point, just confirm and build dammit.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's entirely possible that it could break either way, but I don't know why you would want the 2.3 over the 2.7. The 2.3 is a fine engine, but the 2.7 is more fun.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally it says the 4 door MGV will come with two cup holders in the rear seat!
Are you serious and are you positive? Can you please share where you read this? This is great news if true!

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll attach a snip. Unless I'm reading it wrong.....
Screenshot 2022-09-21 191907.png
I hope this is not a software error. If correct, this is fantastic!

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got a call from my dealer to finalize all of my options, and he wasn't able to add LUX to my Badlands build. He says it's greyed out on all models, including OBX and Wildtrak. Looks like I'm going High package in the hopes that Lux becomes available in the near future.
Were you able to get Lux? I confirmed my order through the COVP and signed my new DORA. I have Lux on my Badlands.
Sponsored