Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The data accusation electronics are more than likely in the vehicle. Not all the wires terminate into that box. That and what kind of instrumentation could they really need inside the vehicle? That rack looks loaded with accelerometers and strain gauges with the lead wires going into the back seat where I would generally mount my eDAQ.
eDAQ, EMXTs, power supply usually are in the trunk - not sure what's up top.

Strain gauges / mics / maybe even cameras...just guessing they want to be able to detect any failure on this vehicle because.....
Ford Bronco 🕵🏻‍♂️ Spied! 2022 Bronco Everglades Showing Winch, Snorkel, Roof Rack 1634744225256

Meaning it's not a standard calibration car. This one is getting abused.
Sponsored

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is that snorkel on backwards? Shouldn't the intake be pointing forward? I guess I never saw one pointing backwards before. Is that because this is going be be a mudder package?

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that snorkel on backwards? Shouldn't the intake be pointing forward? I guess I never saw one pointing backwards before. Is that because this is going be be a mudder package?
Nope - it's pointed the correct direction for minimal dust intake while caravanning down a FS road.

It'll still suck up plenty of air - no need to ram feed it.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
eDAQ, EMXTs, power supply usually are in the trunk - not sure what's up top.

Strain gauges / mics / maybe even cameras...just guessing they want to be able to detect any failure on this vehicle because.....
1634744225256.png

Meaning it's not a standard calibration car. This one is getting abused.
Oh I get it. We don't generally take it "easy" on our instrumented vehicles 😂

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
has the exhaust system been modded at all? I can't see the exhaust tip
Was wondering the same thing...? Both test mules seem to be lacking exhaust tips.. Maybe the angle or maybe Hybrid/Plug in...?

Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The data accusation electronics are more than likely in the vehicle. Not all the wires terminate into that box. That and what kind of instrumentation could they really need inside the vehicle? That rack looks loaded with accelerometers and strain gauges with the lead wires going into the back seat where I would generally mount my eDAQ.
I was thinking that too, but the Bronco already has accelerometers and junk. At the off roadeo I had the dash set to tell me my angles and other information. unless this vehicle didn't have that in it yet. Base accelerometer information should be the same as previous broncos unless it's got a different drivetrain! The cables running underneath for example could be attached to various sensors that the current drivetrain doesn't have. So my thinking is either the prototype doesn't have the sensor equipment installed, or it's a different drivetrain. Not sure why they would need to do a bunch of real time readings of a vehicle that's already gone through development, testing and is on the market. But I don't know all the processes so there could be something obvious that I simply don't know about.

ScoutandBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 International Scout, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really sure but Area 51 color available, parts keep going missing for new constraints, miscellaneous box on roof that looks like something is trying to get out and lots and lots and lots of wires for no apparent reason.........
Ford Bronco 🕵🏻‍♂️ Spied! 2022 Bronco Everglades Showing Winch, Snorkel, Roof Rack 1634745229197

Just Sayin!

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking that too, but the Bronco already has accelerometers and junk. At the off roadeo I had the dash set to tell me my angles and other information. unless this vehicle didn't have that in it yet. Base accelerometer information should be the same as previous broncos unless it's got a different drivetrain! The cables running underneath for example could be attached to various sensors that the current drivetrain doesn't have. So my thinking is either the prototype doesn't have the sensor equipment installed, or it's a different drivetrain. Not sure why they would need to do a bunch of real time readings of a vehicle that's already gone through development, testing and is on the market. But I don't know all the processes so there could be something obvious that I simply don't know about.
The accelerometers that would be installed are not what you're thinking. Think precision, not commercial.

And speaking from day to day experience ... we're always testing, whether that is new unreleased product, subtle changes to an existing product, or baselining an existing product for something new.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh look it’s RDSJ’s Bronco of choice

Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All hands on deck… Esteban caught field testing the new Everglades Edition 😂
Ford Bronco 🕵🏻‍♂️ Spied! 2022 Bronco Everglades Showing Winch, Snorkel, Roof Rack B68820F3-7D74-46D8-BF94-1DD322281E38

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 🕵🏻‍♂️ Spied! 2022 Bronco Everglades Showing Winch, Snorkel, Roof Rack 2022 Bronco Everglades winch snorkel roof rack - Bronco6G.com 6
Ford Bronco 🕵🏻‍♂️ Spied! 2022 Bronco Everglades Showing Winch, Snorkel, Roof Rack 2022 Bronco Everglades winch snorkel roof rack - Bronco6G.com 10

Clearly this is just someone at Ford trolling all of us. All those wires lead no where, they had Jim in receiving throw together a cargo box from the scrap wood pile, and they're testing out the new spare tire safety cable.

They're waiting to see what we come up with so they can take the good ideas and somehow implement them, or they're just messing with us. Either way, thanks Ford!

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder if the box is just added weight and their testing the rack and vehicle with a higher load up top. That would explain the janky, non-weather tight box...just needs to hold whatever they put in to add weight to the roof rack.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

is Ford going to make any special edition 2 doors ? seems the 4 doors are heavily favored. I get it, but c'mon guys

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford: A net worth of $~290 billion

Testing Equipment: This janky plywood box
Are you kidding!?! Have you seen the price of lumber nowadays!?! The cost of that plywood box is larger than the annual GDP of the European Union!!! Artisanal warpage distressing of the plywood not inclusive, that is the special edition 3/4 inch plywood with impregnated gold inlay as well!!! Not cheap at all!!!
Sponsored