Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok, here's a bunch of info on how this works. I have a 2021 on the rail car now, after a very, very long wait and much nail biting and research. I'm not going to link to all the different lookup tools here as you can just search the forum for them.

Ford initially schedules you for a build week. This is a loose schedule, and is subject to change, and in no way locks you into the production line. A week or so before you get a real build date, the window stick populates. This will tell you the blend date (start of assembly), the build order (like 434/755), and how it's shipping (RAIL or CONVOY). Convoy is truck. At the top of the window sticker, you will see your blend date, it's a little cryptic, mine was 320210910. The 320 we couldn't figure out, but the 210910 (21/09/10) is the assigned build date. On the right top side of the window sticker, you will see your build order, mine was 29/886.

If the line is moving slowly however, the build date is pushed forward, everyone's is pushed forward, and Ford doesn't tell you, they just adjust future builds to allow more time. All you really have is the modules output. Mine was built on the 15th, or at least it was finished building on the 15th. I basically checked the modules page for output for several days. The modules output is like an entire page of coded gibberish, there is no need to try and download the file that is linked on that page, when you get an entire page of crap below the top section, your Bronco is alive.

I believe what is happening is that Ford "plans" to build your Bronco, and when they get close to your week they check inventory of parts, and if they have the parts they assign your exact date and schedule you with a production number. If they don't, they push you forward a week or so and try again. Once you have a window sticker, they are very much planning on building yours, and they have the parts.

Once the modules are live, there were people literally getting their Broncos the next day or so. If you live in Michigan, or very close, you will likely have it in a couple days (unless there are add-ons or accessories, which takes longer). If you are rail, that's another story. Vehicles that leave the assembly plant on rail follow a path all over the country, and are dropped off at a distribution point in your state. Besides the long rail ride, it might take another week for truck transport to your dealer. Everything I've heard is that the estimate Ford gives you is pretty accurate. For Colorado via rail, it's about 3-4 weeks before it arrives, so that should give you a reference point.

Don't expect the emails, Pizza Tracker, and Reservation details to line up, or be up to date; although it's all we have outside hounding the dealer. I hope this all helps those of you new to the game.

My story:
I reserved mine very early within the first hour or so of the reservation system going live. After endless bumps, I switched it to a soft top in hopes it would get a build date in 2021, which it finally did. However, after mine was built, it returned to "In Production" immediately. Ford never sent an email, and there was no way to find out what happened. Someone in the forum in my week found someone in logistics that told him his was waiting on chips. I'm guessing mine was too. Out of the blue this last Sunday, I got the email that it shipped. I can now track it via the CTX phone dial-in system and it's on the way. I believe there are some people from the 9/6 build week that are still waiting, wondering, hoping, and spewing swear words.
Thanks for taking the time to explain your experience :)

My curiosity (withough scouring previous build week threads) is how we have a build date scheduled and how that correlates with window sticker generation and if that is any more security vs just a production week. We are about a week out from typical WS development and I wonder how long we have had a date on Fordโ€™s side and if it really means anything.

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for taking the time to explain your experience :)

My curiosity (withough scouring previous build week threads) is how we have a build date scheduled and how that correlates with window sticker generation and if that is any more security vs just a production week. We are about a week out from typical WS development and I wonder how long we have had a date On Fordโ€™s side and if it really means anything.
If it's anything like software, build dates are best guesses

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking at our spreadsheet - look at all those 2.7s! :D

Sponsored

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking at our spreadsheet - look at all those 2.7s! :D
We have over double builds of 12/13 spreadsheet despite a 4 day workweek. Go figure. FYI almost hump day and not a single WS on 12/13 thread.

bobbib

Badlands
First Name
Bobbi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Called the Ford number, as my dealer said he couldnโ€™t see that information๐Ÿง. Talked to โ€œMikeโ€โ€ฆ.build date of 12/21. I canโ€™t believe it is really happening!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Kybeastly22

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Louisville Ky & just met a guy in town from The Michigan factory . Heโ€™s works in quality control in town for the week doing work at the Louisville plant โ€ฆ was talking to him about my bronco & he asked if I got a soft top. He said that was the cause for a little bit of a delay recently . They werenโ€™t fitting flush

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in Louisville Ky & just met a guy in town from The Michigan factory . Heโ€™s works in quality control in town for the week doing work at the Louisville plant โ€ฆ was talking to him about my bronco & he asked if I got a soft top. He said that was the cause for a little bit of a delay recently . They werenโ€™t fitting flush
Did he have a white cane with a red tip?

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have over double builds of 12/13 spreadsheet despite a 4 day workweek. Go figure. FYI almost hump day and not a single WS on 12/13 thread.
Our thread is a bit longer, too. Could be we're more excited. Could be our build week is a sample bias (e.g., people in our week are more likely to be B6G users). Could be that our week is dramatically over populated and people are getting bumped.

The 11/29 group had 56 people on their spreadsheet.

Time will tell.

Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting, I guess that might be the reason soft top builds have been stuck in production.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our thread is a bit longer, too. Could be we're more excited. Could be our build week is a sample bias (e.g., people in our week are more likely to be B6G users). Could be that our week is dramatically over populated and people are getting bumped.

Time will tell.
Itโ€™s also the first week for MY22 now, so that might increase excitement.

Kybeastly22

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, I guess that might be the reason soft top builds have been stuck in production.
There was some small things he mentioned also but im not too technical to know what they were . It was some electronics & radios & light bars โ€ฆ he did say they are good on hardtops for awhileโ€ฆ soft tops are just brief delay

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid brain got going, so I started digging into previous weeks to see if there's any pattern to build size (as represented by B6G users)

11/29 - 58
11/22 - 110 [Note - this week also contained Thanksgiving break]
11/15 - 173 [Note - total may be as low as 163, data ambiguity]
11/08 - 74
11/01 - ? [Note - I don't think this week made a spreadsheet?]

Some more math :
10,504 Broncos build in Nov 2021
25 Production Days (No Sundays and Thanksgiving break?)
=420 Broncos built per production day

11/22 = 4 production days, 1680 Broncos produced / 110 = 6.6% represented
11/15 = 6 production days, 2520 Broncos produced / 173 = 6.9% represented
11/08 = 6 production days, 2520 Broncos produced / 74 = 2.9% represented

The tl;dr:
With 4 days of production and 420 vehicles per day, our week should build 1680 Broncos.

If we're at ~7% representation, our spreadsheet should be able to grow to 117 before we're either over-represented or overscheduled.

Bring on the window stickers!

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Stupid brain got going, so I started digging into previous weeks to see if there's any pattern to build size (as represented by B6G users)

11/29 - 58
11/22 - 110 [Note - this week also contained Thanksgiving break]
11/15 - 173 [Note - total may be as low as 163, data ambiguity]
11/08 - 74
11/01 - ? [Note - I don't think this week made a spreadsheet?]

Some more math :
10,504 Broncos build in Nov 2021
25 Production Days (No Sundays and Thanksgiving break?)
=420 Broncos built per production day

11/22 = 4 production days, 1680 Broncos produced / 110 = 6.6% represented
11/15 = 6 production days, 2520 Broncos produced / 173 = 6.9% represented
11/08 = 6 production days, 2520 Broncos produced / 74 = 2.9% represented

The tl;dr:
With 4 days of production and 420 vehicles per day, our week should build 1680 Broncos.

If we're at ~7% representation, our spreadsheet should be able to grow to 117 before we're either over-represented or overscheduled.

Bring on the window stickers!
holy crap and I thought I was ocd lolโ€ฆ
Well done @knownhuman i like your style.
Definitely puts some perspective on our numbers.
Sponsored