Sponsored

¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar !

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what part of long arm long travel suspension with fox shocks and 35” tires isn’t off road worthy.
Because you never see 4 runners and Tacoma’s and rangers and frontiers on the MoAB right?
The main point here is that Bronco is not built to be a competitor with Wrangler. Ford is skipping all the equipment that gives it such exceptional off road capability. The new Bronco will be a street queen first and foremost.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what part of long arm long travel suspension with fox shocks and 35” tires isn’t off road worthy.
Because you never see 4 runners and Tacoma’s and rangers and frontiers on the MoAB right?
We haven’t seen long travel. In fact the vids and pictures have shown pretty poor travel on the front, but good travel on the Rear.

many most of us aren’t looking for a 4Runner replacement, but a wrangler replacement.
So far, I see nothing that makes this stand out from the crowd of second rate off-road vehicles. With first rate being wrangler, second rate is the trds, raptors, zr2, etc.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It absolutely has a disconnect for sway bar It is offered on the warthog addition...
They also operate 37" tire.... guys get information correct please
Account created 6 minutes ago, desperately trying to troll and distract from the content of the thread ...

Be less obvious next time.

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While discussing the virtues of SFA over on BOF some insiders felt it necessary to stamp out any hope that off road prowess was a major consideration in Bronco design ...

1581863350389.gif

No SFA option, and no disconnecting sway bar. ... Take it from someone who has seen the Bronco and its design / internals.

Sometimes pandering and groveling does not get you what you want. Some smartypants who know more just can't help themselves and have to prove you wrong.

1581863820672.gif

1581864355533.gif

Because no auto reviewers or YouTubers or whatever buys a brand new vehicle and off roads it, creating thousands of aspirational owners from their viewers.

Nice plan ...

I hope you guys aren't in charge of marketing at Ford ...
1581864355574.gif

One of the biggest reasons Wranglers, Tacomas, 4Runners etc. have high resale value is because of those second or third owners you are deriding and mocking. The Bronco you seem so pleased to describe won't have those people, or the resale value.
Account created 6 minutes ago, desperately trying to troll and distract from the content of the thread ...

Be less obvious next time.
I work there!!!!

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ranger is barely a year old.

And any other Bronco is 25+ years old, it is collector material.
Yup, TTB broncos are only gaining value due to the bronco people really wanted, the EB, is 50-100 grand.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly I can disconnect the sway bar with a wrench in about 2 minutes HAHA so that don't bother me. I just hope that it will hold up to those 35's that were on the mule. 37's will be just a spring spacer away. the a 3"lift might get ya in the 40 range that is asking a lot for a OEM IFS setup.
They gotta' know people are gonna wanna lift it when they get, just to make theirs different. If you look at the Ranger lift kit it is 6" and takes the tire from say 32 to 35. so you got a Bronco with 35's and a 6" kit should get you somewhere north of 37's. These kits usually reuse the factory stuff just space the crossmembers lower. That is asking a lot of those A-arms even though they do look beefier than the 4 door mule's aluminum ones.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
We haven’t seen long travel. In fact the vids and pictures have shown pretty poor travel on the front, but good travel on the Rear.

many most of us aren’t looking for a 4Runner replacement, but a wrangler replacement.
So far, I see nothing that makes this stand out from the crowd of second rate off-road vehicles. With first rate being wrangler, second rate is the trds, raptors, zr2, etc.
Because Ford knows 99.99% of people that run on hard-core trails are heavily modified vehicles. If you’re going to be modifying the suspension anyway why would they install expensive options like that. Also most of those people a wrangler fuck boys. That would never get rid of the wrangler for anything. So why would forward tried to steal sales away from those people by making your vehicle worse for the other 99.9% of people that would preferred to have a more comfortable ride and still be off-road capable?

Because Ford knows 99.99% of people that run on hard-core trails are heavily modified vehicles. If you’re going to be modifying the suspension anyway why would they install expensive options like that. Also most of those people are wrangler fuck boys. That would never get rid of the wrangler for anything. So why would forward tried to steal sales away from those people by making their vehicle worse for the other 99.9% of people that would prefer to have a more comfortable ride and still be off-road capable?

nobody runs their daily use every day wrangler on a hard-core trail. It’s a secondary vehicle. Always. And if you have the money to buy a brand new vehicle heavily modify it, and take it off roading. You will have the money to make a bronco more than worthy enough to take on a rock crawl trail.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, TTB broncos are only gaining value due to the bronco people really wanted, the EB, is 50-100 grand.
My coworker has a GEN 4 Eddie Bauer. He just got it running and was about to sell it when they announced the bronco return. He is really happy he hasn’t. Because people just keep offering him more and more money for it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nobody runs their daily use every day wrangler on a hard-core trail. It’s a secondary vehicle. Always. And if you have the money to buy a brand new vehicle heavily modify it, and take it off roading. You will have the money to make a bronco more than worthy enough to take on a rock crawl trail.
That must be why Jeep did't develop any Wrangler trim levels that contain heavy axles with deep gearing and disconnecting sway bars that they could sell right from the lot to people who have aspirations of going off roading.

On wait ... Rubicon is a thing ... and Jeep makes a bunch of money and builds its rugged image off such units.

You're making this too easy.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because Ford knows 99.99% of people that run on hard-core trails are heavily modified vehicles. If you’re going to be modifying the suspension anyway why would they install expensive options like that. Also most of those people a wrangler fuck boys. That would never get rid of the wrangler for anything. So why would forward tried to steal sales away from those people by making your vehicle worse for the other 99.9% of people that would preferred to have a more comfortable ride and still be off-road capable?

Because Ford knows 99.99% of people that run on hard-core trails are heavily modified vehicles. If you’re going to be modifying the suspension anyway why would they install expensive options like that. Also most of those people are wrangler fuck boys. That would never get rid of the wrangler for anything. So why would forward tried to steal sales away from those people by making their vehicle worse for the other 99.9% of people that would prefer to have a more comfortable ride and still be off-road capable?

Most them won’t get rid of their wrangler because there is no replacement for the wrangler. You are also discounting how easy it is to modify something when the underlying architecture for the mods is already there, like swapping a d44 to a d60. Swapping ifs for a sfa is major work however.

and incertain cases, what 1% do with their vehicles is what drives the other 99% of sales. The market is saturated with semi-capable mid size SUVs and Trucks. In or to get more than a minimal amount of market share with something new, you need to have gimmicks or real shit to make it stand out.

capitbull

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 CC SB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new Bronco will be a street queen first and foremost.
FORD hasn't shown or said anything official so stop making these definitive statements like a hysterical teenager based on a few posts on some forum. It may turn out that this thread (and as a result, you) have helped spread the misinformation you pretend to eschew. Get a grip and wait until official word from Ford.

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is some disappointing news then tbh, not just on the sfa issue, but on the overall direction Ford has gone with this. To be a street queen that only looks like she can perform off-ro
Honestly I can disconnect the sway bar with a wrench in about 2 minutes HAHA so that don't bother me. I just hope that it will hold up to those 35's that were on the mule. 37's will be just a spring spacer away. the a 3"lift might get ya in the 40 range that is asking a lot for a OEM IFS setup.
They gotta' know people are gonna wanna lift it when they get, just to make theirs different. If you look at the Ranger lift kit it is 6" and takes the tire from say 32 to 35. so you got a Bronco with 35's and a 6" kit should get you somewhere north of 37's. These kits usually reuse the factory stuff just space the crossmembers lower. That is asking a lot of those A-arms even though they do look beefier than the 4 door mule's aluminum ones.
The main point here is that Bronco is not built to be a competitor with Wrangler. Ford is skipping all the equipment that gives it such exceptional off road capability. The new Bronco will be a street queen first and foremost.
Not true!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What I was hoping for was a small production early on and then phase it out, kinda' like the early TJ stuff that was phased out in later models. and I don't have gobs of money coming out my pockets that's why I wanted Ford to help me here they are they ones who have talking points about off road capabilities.

Now I will have to own it for awhile before I can save up the "green" so I can modify it to make it more capable for my needs. it's just a longer process now. :like:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.