Sponsored

¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar !

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since when is the Bronco going with a long travel setup?
Ranger Raptor has smaller tires with less travel and it has Long arm long travel.
Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ranger Raptor has smaller tires with less travel and it has Long arm long travel.
The Ranger Raptor is far from Long Travel, the F150 Raptor is long travelish lol. Definition of long travel is not standard. Start throwing around the term and people get comparisons to UTV’s and Trophy Trucks and chairs get thrown.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, if you start with nothing and end up with twice as much it seems like a lot.

But not as much as you probably would have gotten with a disconnected swaybar.

Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i am a little out of sync with this post- but do we know if the 4wd system will be part time? I know it will have 4w high and low, but will it be a system that can be used consistently? Like with my jeep you are supposed to disengage the system when you encounter dry stretches of road and then shift back when snow covered patches come up again. Thanks

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i am a little out of sync with this post- but do we know if the 4wd system will be part time? I know it will have 4w high and low, but will it be a system that can be used consistently? Like with my jeep you are supposed to disengage the system when you encounter dry stretches of road and then shift back when snow covered patches come up again. Thanks
Unfortunately we don't know anything about its transfer case or what kind of actuational drive system it might have. I'd look at existing Ford trucks for ideas, but that doesn't really limit the options.

Some Ford delaerships have implied it will get AWD ... but most of what they said was nonsense so I wouldn't put much credit in it.

Sponsored

Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unfortunately we don't know anything about its transfer case or what kind of actuational drive system it might have. I'd look at existing Ford trucks for ideas, but that doesn't really limit the options.

Some Ford delaerships have implied it will get AWD ... but most of what they said was nonsense so I wouldn't put much credit in it.
Thanks im a jeep guy but love the old broncos and plan on getting the new one as well. I really think having the full time 4wd option would be great. In Europe the Jeep rubicon has a full time set up on top of its part time system. I think this would appeal to consumers in snowy areas too. Thanks again.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco's basic geometry and physics make it an inherently poor choice for high speed like the Raptor lineup ... a short wheelbase Bronco is better suited to slow technical off roading, and that style of use is better served by SFA and a disconnecting sway bar.
Short wheelbase is only really worse in Baja whoops. A SWB vehicle will be plenty good for going quickly over other terrain, and the short wheelbase will help with maneuverability around trails and winding roads. I see no reason Ford won't be able to sell Broncos to the masses using a high-speed image.

The SFA of the Gladiator is not ideally suited for high-speed offroad, but that hasn't stopped Jeep from coming out with the Mojave version, which I expect will sell well. I'd contest the IFS Bronco will likely be just as good on the rocks as the SFA Mojave is at high speed.

Once again, 'Off Roading' does not necessarily mean only Rock Crawling. There are multiple facets.

Thanks im a jeep guy but love the old broncos and plan on getting the new one as well. I really think having the full time 4wd option would be great. In Europe the Jeep rubicon has a full time set up on top of its part time system. I think this would appeal to consumers in snowy areas too. Thanks again.
I'm *hoping* that we'll get the transfer case from the Raptor/Platinum F150 with the full time setting as an option, but as mentioned we haven't been able to confirm anything on that front. Hard to tell that from spy pics.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Short wheelbase is only really worse in Baja whoops. A SWB vehicle will be plenty good for going quickly over other terrain, and the short wheelbase will help with maneuverability around trails and winding roads. I see no reason Ford won't be able to sell Broncos to the masses using a high-speed image.
Well, if the ground is flat and even it hardly matters if you have suspension at all.

Fast off roading is precisely about handling uneven or irregular terrain without losing traction and control over direction of movement, which is the one type where IFS and long wheelbases really excel -- hence trophy trucks -- which are basically the polar opposite of a Bronco that is short and narrow midsizer.

It really seems like they had an idea for a Bronco and then tried to cram that square peg into the round hole for fast Raptor style off roading. I have to wonder if the early Bronco designs that got rejected because they were too jeep like wouldn't have been much better Broncos for the slow technical off roading that would benefit from a SFA and disconnecting swaybar,

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fast off roading is precisely about handling uneven or irregular terrain without losing traction and control over direction of movement, which is the one type where IFS and long wheelbases really excel -- hence trophy trucks -- which are basically the polar opposite of a Bronco that is short and narrow midsizer.
IFS, yes. Long wheelbase not necessarily. Trophy Trucks are meant for Baja, and I won't deny in the whoops of Baja, you need a long wheelbase.

However, if you look at the vehicles that compete in other high speed offroad events (Dakar, WRC, Rally Raids, even KOH), the wheelbases are much shorter. KOH looks to runs around 112-115, which is in line with the 4 door raptor. Dakar vehicles are usually a bit under that, and WRC cars basically want as short a wheelbase as they can get, because ability to rotate the car is so important.

I see no reason a short (not necessarily narrow, admittedly) midsize SUV can't do well as a higher speed offroad vehicle.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While discussing the virtues of SFA over on BOF some insiders felt it necessary to stamp out any hope that off road prowess was a major consideration in Bronco design ...

1581863350389.gif

No SFA option, and no disconnecting sway bar. ... Take it from someone who has seen the Bronco and its design / internals.

Sometimes pandering and groveling does not get you what you want. Some smartypants who know more just can't help themselves and have to prove you wrong.

1581863820672.gif

1581864355533.gif

Because no auto reviewers or YouTubers or whatever buys a brand new vehicle and off roads it, creating thousands of aspirational owners from their viewers.

Nice plan ...

I hope you guys aren't in charge of marketing at Ford ...
1581864355574.gif

One of the biggest reasons Wranglers, Tacomas, 4Runners etc. have high resale value is because of those second or third owners you are deriding and mocking. The Bronco you seem so pleased to describe won't have those people, or the resale value.

ETA: where it started
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/i...-premier-spring-2020-now-with-photos/&page=36

and why not ...

Cant wait for the reveal ;)

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

akirby is a Moderator with over 33000 posts and jpd80 is with over 26000 posts is recognised on BOF as someone with insider information who's quips are frequently taken as fact regarding questions by other established users.
Interesting, I wonder if I know him, and I wonder why he said that

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don’t even give people dreams of 37’s on the front suspension we’ve seen.
ever see what happens to the 2500 and 3500 chevys with 37’s off-road?
37" will be an option
So......Fords plan for the Bronco is to cannibalize sales from the Raptor?

good business decision.

And no, most of us want something that can compete with jeep because we don’t want a Jeep. We want a Ford. But we want a Ford that isn’t a poser.

we want something good enough to create the cult like following Jeep has, and good enough to erode their cult some.
Short
Cant wait for the reveal ;)
Interesting, I wonder if I know him, and I wonder why he said that
I'm assuming he was using them as references like they know what they're talking about because the amount of posts they have...lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Trucks
No SFA option, and no disconnecting sway bar. ... Take it from someone who has seen the Bronco and its design / internals.

Sometimes pandering and groveling does not get you what you want. Some smartypants who know more just can't help themselves and have to prove you wrong.
Your insiders obviously have not seen it.

This thread should be deleted. So much wrong info it's embarrassing.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your insiders obviously have not seen it.

This thread should be deleted. So much wrong info it's embarrassing.
then please correct us ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.