Sponsored

¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good to know looking forward. One had to know with Lovell involved he had to put the bug in their ear about how is has to perform. don't want it to be a laughing stock. Thanks jjmtuttle.
Ford put a lot into this and it has been pushed back a couple of times but the technology put into this is unreal.... Can't wait
Not a T6 then, or is the next gen that modular?

Having different frame rail widths would be very unusual. One ton trucks with chassis cabs or beds is the only place I think I've seen that. Seems like the kind of thing that ought to come with a set of solid axles.
SMH here we go again
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No v8, optional 7 speed manual trans 1st gear is creeper, up to 37" tires, warthog addition for the climber's also sits on wider frame. Ranger will have a face lift for 2021 to set with the bronco look... in my opinion Looks like they trying to fit something for everyone the soccer mom's, The Rock crawler's and the daily driver cruiser... Can't wait I'm in line to match with my 1996 Sport Bronco

IMG_20200121_170817.jpg
that would be...unique. Would the wider frame be using same body/same overall width, or are we talking significantly wider overall width with this? TBF that would be intriguing

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford put a lot into this and it has been pushed back a couple of times but the technology put into this is unreal.... Can't wait
I thought they would just do like always and just upgrade the platform, not make a whole new one.( I say platform but insert frame) for the "warthog" as it seems I have read it be termed. Just changing pick up points would be easy. But that is good news !!!! By putting in that kind of effort I'm sure it will be awesome !! :thumbsup:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

that would be...unique. Would the wider frame be using same body/same overall width, or are we talking significantly wider overall width with this? TBF that would be intriguing

I wonder if this is the body Joe saw ……… it would explain the bigger size ?????

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nothing to say to you....

Sponsored

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought they would just do like always and just upgrade the platform, not make a whole new one.( I say platform but insert frame) for the "warthog" as it seems I have read it be termed. Just changing pick up points would be easy. But that is good news !!!! By putting in that kind of effort I'm sure it will be awesome !! :thumbsup:
All Bronco frames will be the same the ranger will not be as wide..

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All Bronco frames will be the same the ranger will not be as wide..

Oh got 'ya thanks for the clarification.:like: makes more sense.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow this thread is a trainwreck! There's something for everyone. SFA, IFS, TTB, trail welding IFS, no/yes/no disconnect swaybars, and more trolls then a collection of Grimm's Fairy Tales.
I just want to know how well it will compete with the incredible Jeep!

Guess I'll just have a wait a few more weeks.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow this thread is a trainwreck! There's something for everyone. SFA, IFS, TTB, trail welding IFS, no/yes/no disconnect swaybars, and more trolls then a collection of Grimm's Fairy Tales.
I just want to know how well it will compete with the incredible Jeep!

Guess I'll just have a wait a few more weeks.

LOL CJay !! and makes my point "my Jeep can do that", it looked like the first time he ever tried to climb something, typical got scared and didn't know what to do so he hit the gas. It looked to me like it would have rocked back and he could have just backed off then. ……. I thought it looked a little tall for a stock Rubi TJ before I started the video. I can't wait either this is gonna be epic !!!!! :please:

edit: forgot to mention also makes the point about approach/departure angles and lockers you can climb a tree.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Estimate 28" under that tire and all 4 still on the ground. Do we expect the new IFS to come close to this?

heep.jpg

For reference, a longer WB, built about as far as you can go I'd guess. I'm guessing 36" (think it was a 38 tire)

H3LongTravel102.jpg

Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Estimate 28" under that tire and all 4 still on the ground. Do we expect the new IFS to come close to this?

For reference, a longer WB, built about as far as you can go I'd guess. I'm guessing 36" (think it was a 38 tire)
I think you missed the point of the post... 1) I was backing up BAUS67's point and 2) trying to lighten up the mood.
YMMV Based on the amount of money you throw into the vehicle...ether from the factory or aftermarket.
I believe you can find YouTube video's of H1's scaling a wall.
Ford Bronco ¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar ! 1582472080556

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I feel like we forgot about the chairs for a while... didn’t read everything but I feel like they should be tossed in here just in case. Kinda like that spanking as a child you got when your mom and pop knew something happened but wasn’t sure so it was just to make sure!

Ford Bronco ¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar ! 60760AC9-A855-4140-AC49-43C17F13403F

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you missed the point of the post... 1) I was backing up BAUS67's point and 2) trying to lighten up the mood.
YMMV Based on the amount of money you throw into the vehicle...ether from the factory or aftermarket.
I believe you can find YouTube video's of H1's scaling a wall.
Ford Bronco ¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar ! 60760AC9-A855-4140-AC49-43C17F13403F

No, it was funny as heck. :clap:

I've wondered if Ford was going to come up with some kind of killer
traction control to help overcome not having a wheel on the ground. In theory, you have all the weight
on that one tire, it should have pretty good traction IF you can turn that diff into a spool for a split second.

Although I have ARB-like diff',s stock in my mogs, they are not ideal for generally tooling around the trails locked up.
Would be cool if electronically, the diff could lock up when needed, and I don't mean braking the other wheel,
as that would mean it gets braked until it gets back to a surface and I wouldn't want it locked up for even a
split second after it gets back to the ground.....

Amos Moses

Base
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
No v8, optional 7 speed manual trans 1st gear is creeper, up to 37" tires, warthog addition for the climber's also sits on wider frame. Ranger will have a face lift for 2021 to set with the bronco look... in my opinion Looks like they trying to fit something for everyone the soccer mom's, The Rock crawler's and the daily driver cruiser... Can't wait I'm in line to match with my 1996 Sport Bronco

Being able to get up to 37" tires off the showroom floor is awesome but do you know the maximum size the ifs was designed to handle. I also would like to know if y'all will be offering a factory M/T tire (Mud Terrain).

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Being able to get up to 37" tires off the showroom floor is awesome but do you know the maximum size the ifs was designed to handle. I also would like to know if y'all will be offering a factory M/T tire (Mud Terrain).
No idea on the aftermarket parts or fits... We got a New Goodyear M/T Also have New BFG A/T that will both will be New to us.. we only had Hankook and Bridgestone before on the Ranger.. Bronco will have 5 matching tires so can be put into rotation
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.