Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since we are spitballing -
No Mod Top and No Heritage Edition until MY'24
No Raptor digital cluster until MY'24 and only on upper trims where the once promised HLIP was availbable.
The only Trickle-Down feature set is the newly introduced MID+ package from the Everglades (12" screen) and only on the Wildtrak, Badlands, OBX, and Black Diamond.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to see what you guys think they will add/ remove from the ‘23 MY. Or what you want to see in the future Broncos. Can be anything really.
My predictions are:
White tops
Hopefully a heritage package or grille
Colors: Purple, Code orange available on every model, brown, and light green
Getting my July’20 reservation filled? @Ford Motor Company

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The off-delayed Mod Top gets delayed again or canceled.

If the Mod Top is available out of the gate, problems and issues arise within the first 1-3 months.

MY23.5, Mod Top 2.0 announced or Mod Top canceled.

Mod Top color choices, white and body colored canceled, only available in black.

And last, but not least, Bold New Decals.
Ford had me wait for the mod top in 2022 then I got this email on June 25th.

Hello,
We're happy to report that Broncos are officially rolling off the production line.
Here. We. Go.
But the ongoing challenges with our hardtop roof supplier continue to impact our plans. We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to solely produce customer orders, as hoped. This also means a longer wait for those who ordered a molded in color hardtop.
Additionally, for the 2022 model, hardtop roof timing has taken another hit: our black, contrasting white, body color painted modular, and dual top roofs will now arrive in the 2023 model year. Until then, we can offer the carbonized gray molded in color hardtop as the only hardtop option for 2 and 4-door Broncos.
Like you, we're frustrated by these delays.
So, here's what we're going to do:
  • Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.
  • Free Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.
If you have questions about product updates or offers please reach out to your Ford Dealer directly or our Bronco Support Team at 800-334-4375. They're ready to help.
Rest assured that no matter what you decide, we're working around the clock to get you and your Bronco out into the wild.
Sincerely,
The Entire Bronco Team

I un-99'ed my order for the Mod top and had my Bronco in the driveway Feb. 1st.
How does the saying go; "Fool me once, shame on me, Fool me twice, I must be a glutton for punishment or a dumbass. :unsure: ......or something like that.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You guys are expecting way too much. I'd be happy if they just redesign a couple minor oversights like carpet on the back of The rear seat, relocating the camera so that you can actually put a winch on and off-road vehicle. Moving the alternator would be nice.

I'd be happy If they would just build them right and get some actual QC in place.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I un-99'ed my order for the Mod top and had my Bronco in the driveway Feb. 1st.
How does the saying go; "Fool me once, shame on me, Fool me twice, I must be a glutton for punishment or a dumbass. :unsure: ......or something like that.
HA.. HA... Ford... And I bleed Ford Blue, but this Bronco b/s has sucked it all out.:mad:
1648906060846.png
The joke will be on Ford, many of us DON'T bleed Ford Blue and will abandon ship in a heartbeat when the 6th gen Toyota 4Runner gets released in 2023/2024, unless Ford can right the Bronco ship.

And don't cry to me about softroader, the top doesn't come off, etc. etc., not all of us are going rock crawling or sunburn seeking. The 2023/2024 6th gen 4Runner is based on an entirely new BODY-ON-FRAME platform called the TNGA-F, shared with the new 2022 Tundra, 2023 Sequoia and 2023/2024 Tacoma (the pic above is just someones rendering, its not the real thing).

Sorry, heritage only goes so far, Ford cashed that check long ago and has burned through all Bronco goodwill, may the best manufacturer win!

For those that care, here is the latest tidbit on the 4Runner forums this week.
It will offer an I4 hybrid as mentioned to me by someone on the project, although someone else has also mentioned to me that a tune of the V35A-FTS will be making its way into the 920B Tacoma and likely 4Runner by parallel association.

Last edited:

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping they keep Velocity Blue, or give us Lightning Blue on all trims. Antimatter was a joke - it was so dark it's almost black, and I hope they don't go with Atlas Blue - it's also too dark. I hate washing my vehicles and don't want to have to wash it every week due to dirt/dust

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The off-delayed Mod Top gets delayed again or canceled.

If the Mod Top is available out of the gate, problems and issues arise within the first 1-3 months.

MY23.5, Mod Top 2.0 announced or Mod Top canceled.

Mod Top color choices, white and body colored canceled, only available in black.

And last, but not least, Bold New Decals.
Bold new decals
lol

izzy

Wildtrak
First Name
Isabelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion until I have the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Really hoping they bring back the blackout interior package Ford added to the First Edition (assuming if they do it’d be on the Wildtrak trim since it’s the most similar in appearance to First Edition and Badlands has black leather already)

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wanted to see what you guys think they will add/ remove from the ‘23 MY. Or what you want to see in the future Broncos. Can be anything really.
My predictions are:
White tops
Hopefully a heritage package or grille
Colors: Purple, Code orange available on every model, brown, and light green

How about Ford just build the Broncos already ordered and stop with new stuff until all ordered units are built. No new orders and no new models!

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
They will bring back Rapid Red.

They will do so 48 hours after they finally build my Hot Pepper Red Base. (which was originally Rapid Red before they took that away from us)

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about a manual Sasquatch Black Dimond with the mid or even high package.

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The joke will be on Ford, many of us DON'T bleed Ford Blue and will abandon ship in a heartbeat when the 6th gen Toyota 4Runner gets released in 2023/2024, unless Ford can right the Bronco ship.

And don't cry to me about softroader, the top doesn't come off, etc. etc., not all of us are going rock crawling or sunburn seeking. The 2023/2024 6th gen 4Runner is based on an entirely new BODY-ON-FRAME platform called the TNGA-F, shared with the new 2022 Tundra, 2023 Sequoia and 2023/2024 Tacoma (the pic above is just someones rendering, its not the real thing).

Sorry, heritage only goes so far, Ford cashed that check long ago and has burned through all Bronco goodwill, may the best manufacturer win!

For those that care, here is the latest tidbit on the 4Runner forums this week.
You aren’t wrong. I looked at the 4Runner for years and would have bit had they redesigned for the 2023 model. If my potential bronco order Overlaps the release of that update- I’d order in a heartbeat. I loved my Taco and FJ. My 2020 Ruby can hold out 12 months just like it can 18. And since every other automaker is quoting 60-90 days for orders, Ford is really setting themselves back. That’s the fix I want in the 2023 model- existence. I have equity and buy vehicles every few years. As with many here- I’m not forced to take a $60k vehicle that never shows up. We can move on.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You aren’t wrong. I looked at the 4Runner for years and would have bit had they redesigned for the 2023 model. If my potential bronco order Overlaps the release of that update- I’d order in a heartbeat. I loved my Taco and FJ. My 2020 Ruby can hold out 12 months just like it can 18. And since every other automaker is quoting 60-90 days for orders, Ford is really setting themselves back. That’s the fix I want in the 2023 model- existence. I have equity and buy vehicles every few years. As with many here- I’m not forced to take a $60k vehicle that never shows up. We can move on.
I sure wish Toyota would bring back a real FJ, oh well, it only looks like they are playing with a mini FJ electric concept (see below). Tracking the upcoming 4Runner and Tacoma here is the latest I've seen.

The new 6th gen 2024 4Runner it has slipped to spring 2024 for introduction. The new gen 2024 Tacoma should be introduced in late 2023, here is the latest spy videos when it was caught testing in Colorado.

More pics here:
2024 Toyota Tacoma seems to have a rear coil spring suspension

Here is the current gen 4Runner mule testing the new 6th gen 4Runner powertrain, following the new camo Tacoma's around (they will share powertrains, 4 cylinder turbo base, hybrid optional.)
Ford Bronco ‘23 MY predictions/ what we know 1648906060846

Ford Bronco ‘23 MY predictions/ what we know 1648906060846

Here is the mini FJ electric concept in case you missed it.
a-Compact-Cruiser-EV-concept-front-three-quarter-1.jpg
Sponsored