Sponsored

‘Drive the Bronco’ event at Virginia Motorsports Park (3/12)

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had an absolute blast driving a Big Bend around the course with Sam today. Perfect day for a mud course as it rained all night and was snowing while we drove. Terrible weather and mud course make a perfect match. Thanks to the entire Ford crew for accommodating my scheduling screwup (drove 2.5 hours to get there on time… on the wrong date). They got me and my son in and we had a blast.

Driving a stock BB was an unexpectedly great way to learn about my Badlands. As I slipped and slid around the course, Sam would point out how the Badlands would act, and where it could make a difference. Lockers as I didn’t make it up a mud soaked incline with foot deep ruts. A camera display as I crested a climb a bit crooked to give me confidence on the down slope. He even got me positioned in a way to lift a rear tire where the stay bar disconnect would work.

I‘ve been as rough on Ford as any poster, but damn if this event didn’t go a long way toward Improving my attitude. Oh and the email about my 4/4 build date didn’t hurt either. That BB was surprisingly capable, even stock.

i wasn’t shy either, I pushed that Bronco pretty hard. Hit the bash plates once for sure.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking forward to this coming to Pa in a couple of weeks.
How many Broncos were available? Any 2 doors?

OP
OP
BroncoT

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They had 6 for guests and a few more they were driving around. It was a mix of models including a few two doors. We also had a current owner join the event with his Bronco. Looked like a free lap around the course. They were trying to match people with the makes they ordered as much as possible (I was squeezed in so was happy to take what I could get).

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was there yesterday and drove one of the Badlands. It was a little slick but nothing like what you guys would have had. Glad you had a good time. My wife and I loved it.

Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How did you get a ticket to that? I want to rake my bronco on the course

OP
OP
BroncoT

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was there yesterday and drove one of the Badlands. It was a little slick but nothing like what you guys would have had. Glad you had a good time. My wife and I loved it.
There were mud ruts a solid foot deep all over the course. More than once I asked if I’d be able to get through a spot. We finally decided that if I did get stuck, it would be a great lesson in recovery tactics. :)

Ashlesophia

Wildtrak
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Cadillac CT5, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is exciting! I’m glad you posted. I’m heading out there tomorrow morning, also a 2 1/2 hour drive, so I’m stoked to see that it will be worth it. With the bad weather we’ve had im excited to get dirty!!!

OP
OP
BroncoT

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you get a ticket to that? I want to rake my bronco on the course
I don’t know, but will try to figure out how after I get my Bronco. Definitely want to go back for a few more laps. For this event, I was sent an email, likely based on zip code.

Last edited:

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man wish I knew about this, i'm only a little over an hour away and had no clue!

Sponsored

docbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same with me. Hour away and woulda been there in a heartbeat. Had no clue

Nic13d

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was there this morning as well. 2 1/2 hour drive from Greensboro but it was so worth it! The deep mud and ruts were nothing for the Badlands Squatch I got to drive. Several times they had you stop where I thought “there’s no way I’m not getting stuck or I’m not making it up that hill…” Each time the Bronco tackled it with ease.

The instructors were great and I highly recommend doing one of these to anyone…hopefully you’ll get as crazy of weather as we had today.

OP
OP
BroncoT

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exciting! I’m glad you posted. I’m heading out there tomorrow morning, also a 2 1/2 hour drive, so I’m stoked to see that it will be worth it. With the bad weather we’ve had im excited to get dirty!!!
Well, how did it go? It was still snowing when we left so I suspect you had great (awful) conditions too.

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking forward to this coming to Pa in a couple of weeks.
How many Broncos were available? Any 2 doors?
Where and when is it happening in PA? I received the VA invite but haven't received anything about a PA event.

OP
OP
BroncoT

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Virginia Motorsports Park replied to me today. Individual drivers cannot access the course. They said Ford rented the park, CREATED the course, maintained it, and handled all the insurance, paperwork, etc..

Impressive. Ford also flew in the expert drivers, mine came from California.
Sponsored