Sponsored

‘Drive the Bronco’ event at Virginia Motorsports Park (3/12)

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went up Saturday and also rode with Sam in the Big Bend, initially I was a bit disappointed cause I have a Badlands on order, but honestly after I got it stuck in the 1st muddy area but was able to self recover (because it was in Normal mode and killed engine output) I was seriously impressed because I doubt my LR3 wouldn't have been able to self recover from that situation and it has a rear locker. Convinced me to drop the leather seats for washout interior after that trip though, lol.

So glad for the bad weather for the test drive itself, not so much for the drive there and back in my mustang.

Afterwards I did take the manual badlands they had for a quick spin and and more importantly I got to hear the B&O sound system, which was much better than I had anticipated after reading all of the complaints here. The base stereo is horrendous but I could live with the B&O system. The purist in me wants to switch to the manual transmission since I already am getting the 2.3 but I kind of like not having to deal with modulating the clutch and gas while trying to navigate obstacles so I'm sticking with the 10 speed.
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where and when is it happening in PA? I received the VA invite but haven't received anything about a PA event.
March 23-27 at the AOAA in Shamokin, Pa.
It's by invitation only, I got one via e-mail.
Here's the site, if you're not eligible, you won't be able to log in:
https://drivethebronco.com/

brybar4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had an absolute blast driving a Big Bend around the course with Sam today. Perfect day for a mud course as it rained all night and was snowing while we drove. Terrible weather and mud course make a perfect match. Thanks to the entire Ford crew for accommodating my scheduling screwup (drove 2.5 hours to get there on time… on the wrong date). They got me and my son in and we had a blast.

Driving a stock BB was an unexpectedly great way to learn about my Badlands. As I slipped and slid around the course, Sam would point out how the Badlands would act, and where it could make a difference. Lockers as I didn’t make it up a mud soaked incline with foot deep ruts. A camera display as I crested a climb a bit crooked to give me confidence on the down slope. He even got me positioned in a way to lift a rear tire where the stay bar disconnect would work.

I‘ve been as rough on Ford as any poster, but damn if this event didn’t go a long way toward Improving my attitude. Oh and the email about my 4/4 build date didn’t hurt either. That BB was surprisingly capable, even stock.

i wasn’t shy either, I pushed that Bronco pretty hard. Hit the bash plates once for sure.
I was there Saturday too and drove the stock BB. So impressed. Definitely helped that the guides knew the course and what to do when. Took the mud and hills with ease. Since there was a mix up assigning vehicles, I was able to take the Badlands for a spin too to see how the lockers worked. Trail control and trail turn assist were amazing and the front camera was helpful to see what was ahead.

RVAGT350

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We went too, I drove a Badlands 4dr auto on Sunday, which is what we have on order for my wife, very impressed. I have a second reservation, so on Monday I emailed my dealer with a build sheet for a Badlands for me.
Sponsored