HoosierDaddy

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 1968 Bronco, 2010 Legacy GT 1985 M1028 (Chevy
Vehicle Showcase
Big promises ...insiders say it delivers, in a big way!
I'm getting pumped.
Now, put me down for "The Yellowstone Eruption" on the 12th....LOL! 💥🔥

Advertisement

EvlNvrDys

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Damn that was a really long article. Forgive me for skimming across it all. I was just looking for some mention of a tailgate 😂
Or for the purists the hidden SFA 👌
Does this mean the reveal is gonna drag on through history? We know where it came from. We know the different generations... Just show it to us and tell us about the cool stuff we wanna know... Like the 351 under the hood! Didn't really like how he talked up the Mustang's 4 banger.

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96/'97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L, '92 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TD, '15 VW Golf TDI
Vehicle Showcase
"Enthusiasts will make do with whatever we give them because their only alternative is buying old cars."

OP
Nickp

Nickp

Staff member
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER 4 DOOR MT
"Enthusiasts will make do with whatever we give them because their only alternative is buying old cars."
I mean the 2015+ Mustangs are by FAR (like zero contest) the best mustang we've had since 1973. And this is the same guy who helped design the current mustang generation. They aren't about us "making do" it's more so that you may have to change people's perspectives as to what will work the best in a certain role. An example he doesn't give in the article is the independent rear suspension in the Mustang. People were SO damn mad when that news first came out. But now? It was 110% the right call. I'm sure Bronco will have many things just like that where it won't even be discussed in a few years because it was so obviously the correct thing to do.

The one thing this article made clear is they listened to owners in the design process. They voiced our concerns i'm sure, and Ford either took them into account or assuaged their fears.

FirstOnRaceDay

Staff member
First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I mean the 2015+ Mustangs are by FAR (like zero contest) the best mustang we've had since 1973. And this is the same guy who helped design the current mustang generation. They aren't about us "making do" it's more so that you may have to change people's perspectives as to what will work the best in a certain role. An example he doesn't give in the article is the independent rear suspension in the Mustang. People were SO damn mad when that news first came out. But now? It was 110% the right call. I'm sure Bronco will have many things just like that where it won't even be discussed in a few years because it was so obviously the correct thing to do.

The one thing this article made clear is they listened to owners in the design process. They voiced our concerns i'm sure, and Ford either took them into account or assuaged their fears.
They went deep into that about what fans want on “A faster horse.” And the last generation F-150 when the mew 2.7 ecoboost hit with the Aluminum body.

they went to car shows, they went to meets, they went on forums. Ford does their homework.

And I would agree. This Chief engineer knows his stuff and knows the enthusiast market. Everything about the 2015 mustang makes it the best since 73. Ecoboost engine. IRS. Computer controls. 10spd auto. Safety features. And more!

laj.tuxmek

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Interesting, if so that validates that the leak photo was not someone stumbling upon the photo shot.

Then the photo was intentionally leaked, oh wait, that would never happen.
Yeah no, this isn't a thing. I know you guys on the forum like to talk about intentional leaks and everything, but we don't do that. Upper management has made it very clear on multiple occasions that leaks are not endorsed by the company in any way. The only things released by the company are the things on official Ford websites and social media sites.

Any random person with a drone could have taken the photo. Holly Oaks is surrounded by a freeway and several high-traffic roads. It is also next to a ski resort with a huge parking lot. Anyone could have pulled off a nearby road and flown a drone over.

Corsair

First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Yeah no, this isn't a thing. I know you guys on the forum like to talk about intentional leaks and everything, but we don't do that. Upper management has made it very clear on multiple occasions that leaks are not endorsed by the company in any way. The only things released by the company are the things on official Ford websites and social media sites.

Any random person with a drone could have taken the photo. Holly Oaks is surrounded by a freeway and several high-traffic roads. It is also next to a ski resort with a huge parking lot. Anyone could have pulled off a nearby road and flown a drone over.
They can not condone leaks all day and still “leak.”

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Ok newb question....looking at pictures of old broncos.....where do the current round wheel wells come from? I see they were rounded and almost round in the full size Bronco.....older ones more square....but this generation is just about perfectly round.....thanks in advance.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96/'97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L, '92 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TD, '15 VW Golf TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Ok newb question....looking at pictures of old broncos.....where do the current round wheel wells come from? I see they were rounded and almost round in the full size Bronco.....older ones more square....but this generation is just about perfectly round.....thanks in advance.
Better fitment of larger diameter tires from the factory, based on user experience over the last few generations.

Also aesthetically matches the Ford family of vehicles better with round arches.

BroncoRevital

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
This was good to hear. I think it’s really important for a design team to search out what purist want and have a full team of different thinkers have input.

This Dave Pericak had a really tough job of balancing all the pieces to make this right and it sounds like he did it the right way. All the news up to now point that his team nailed it. With our almost impossibly high hopes and bars to uphold its pretty safe to say at this point that they are going to deliver and even surpass a lot of our expectations.

A lot of us had our doubts but I am thrilled to see what we have seen so far. I’ll wait for the real thing to give anymore praise but if this Bronco is what its hinting at then this man will hit legend status.
I was ready to go full Karen if this Bronco wasn’t done right but I don’t think I’ll need to speak to any Ford managers come revel time.

BroAD

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Reading through the interview and scrutinizing it for new information, I found where it said “Ford has told dealers it will offer removable doors that can be stored in the back.”

Though we knew about the removable doors, this is the first time I’ve heard the doors can be stored in the back. This will be nice for removing the doors on the fly and having them with you instead of leaving them at the house.

Corsair

First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Reading through the interview and scrutinizing it for new information, I found where it said “Ford has told dealers it will offer removable doors that can be stored in the back.”

Though we knew about the removable doors, this is the first time I’ve heard the doors can be stored in the back. This will be nice for removing the doors on the fly and having them with you instead of leaving them at the house.
Thought that was well known. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The Pope

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
There was a Patton Patent on the Door Storage months ago...... we just hadn't had any official confirmation until now on it actually being available in the Bronco

Last edited: