Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got mine on today also, it did take a long time but the biggest pain was hiding all the wires with the Wildtrak grille. I ran mine to Aux 3 and used the prerun cable to the grille. I added the Expel PPF letters at the end as well.

For those wondering, the letters are not as bright as they look in some photos, they are not as bright as the headlights. IMO this is great, it's more subtle, and yes, they do look better in person!

IMG_2668-2.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2669-2.jpg
Awesome! You tied into the pre-run violet/gray wire at the grille, and tied that one into aux switch 3 wire violet/green at the firewall, correct? I bought the matte black letters, for my basesquatch. Planning to wire them next weekend. Just making sure I dot my i's, and cross my t's. Great job on the neat wire routing also.
Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome! You tied into the pre-run violet/gray wire at the grille, and tied that one into aux switch 3 wire violet/green at the firewall, correct? I bought the matte black letters, for my basesquatch. Planning to wire them next weekend. Just making sure I dot my i's, and cross my t's. Great job on the neat wire routing also.
That's correct! The "non-powered" circuits listed in the manual (bottom box in the screenshot) are the end points. If you want to power an accessory at those points you have to connect them to one of the Aux wires at the distribution box (the top box in the screenshot). Remember, only the positive (red) wires need to be wired to the Violet/Grey on the grille, the ground (black) wires need to be grounded at any of the existing ground points. The hardest part of the whole thing for me was hiding all of these wires behind the mostly open wildtrak grille. I ended up using really small black cable ties in strategic places to hide them, and then hot glue to keep the cables inside the channels I stuffed them in.

One other thing, I keep Aux 3 switch on AT ALL TIMES. Doing this means the lights are always off except when the vehicle is running with the key is nearbye (not when remote started).

P.S. I did also needed to buy my own wire, the ones that come on the letters are not long enough to do a good job imo.

Good luck!

Screenshot 2022-01-09 173557.png

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's correct! The "non-powered" circuits listed in the manual (bottom box in the screenshot) are the end points. If you want to power an accessory at those points you have to connect them to one of the Aux wires at the distribution box (the top box in the screenshot). Remember, only the positive (red) wires need to be wired to the Violet/Grey on the grille, the ground (black) wires need to be grounded at any of the existing ground points. The hardest part of the whole thing for me was hiding all of these wires behind the mostly open wildtrak grille. I ended up using really small black cable ties in strategic places to hide them, and then hot glue to keep the cables inside the channels I stuffed them in.

One other thing, I keep Aux 3 switch on AT ALL TIMES. Doing this means the lights are always off except when the vehicle is running with the key is nearbye (not when remote started).

P.S. I did also needed to buy my own wire, the ones that come on the letters are not long enough to do a good job imo.

Good luck!

Ford Bronco “BRONCO” Grill Badge Light Up Screenshot 2022-01-09 173557
Thanks a TON. I have plenty of various size zip ties. I also have extra 16 gage wire, and heat shrink connectors ready to roll. Glue gun sounds like a good investment. I will post pics when I am done, to show how the black letters look. It seems most everybody else went with the white letters.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Look what arrived in the mail yesterday!
Ford Bronco “BRONCO” Grill Badge Light Up Grill Lights

Sponsored

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi, are the sides of the matte black letters white?
The sides of the letter are black, the actual lens under each letter that lights up is clear/white.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The sides of the letter are black, the actual lens under each letter that lights up is clear/white.
Thank you. Would it be possible to post a pic of them installed and lit up on a vehicle. There are quite a few picks of the white letters installed and lit up. Just curious if they look the same.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna try to knock this project out this weekend. Can anyone confirm with fuses are ignition only? Is one more ideal than others to use? I have everything I need to do this as far as wiring. Did something similar with my old 4Runner's 'raptor lights'.

Ford Bronco “BRONCO” Grill Badge Light Up 1642179722238

Ford Bronco “BRONCO” Grill Badge Light Up 1642179741271

Ford Bronco “BRONCO” Grill Badge Light Up 1642179757369

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gonna try to knock this project out this weekend. Can anyone confirm with fuses are ignition only? Is one more ideal than others to use? I have everything I need to do this as far as wiring. Did something similar with my old 4Runner's 'raptor lights'.

sorry I can’t help with this. I wired mine to aux 3

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am very confused as to why these glow "around" the letters vs just the letters themselves?
Is that designed that way on purpose?

Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I used 66, Staybar disconnect when doing my switch pod, after quite a bit of trial and error

SwissBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, JL, Hummer H1,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am very confused as to why these glow "around" the letters vs just the letters themselves?
Is that designed that way on purpose?
sadly, yes

I am waiting fot the self glowing letters.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I would use a 12v circuit tester or a multimeter and test the Spare fuses with the truck off and with it on. That way you're not messing with a circuit for something important and possibly hosing it up. Just my 2¢.

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Here is how we did it:
Ford Bronco “BRONCO” Grill Badge Light Up Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 2.22.45 PM
Sponsored